The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Party Creation Failed; Failed to Update Bloodweb

RichardCarter
RichardCarter Member Posts: 82
edited September 2023 in Bug Reporting

These two have been very frequent bugs and crashes on my game since the mid chapter patch (6.5.0.) I'm on Xbox Series S and it happens extremely often, forcing me to restart the entire game to bypass the issue. Typically happens after playing a game and trying to swap to Killer, Survivor, or even Custom Game. It happens as often as Emblems not updating every game. The Bloodweb error only happened once and it was after being idle for a period of time.

Edit: Restarted the game after making this post and I got the Party Creation Failed error immediately. Very frustrating. Also, joining one of those modes (Surv, Killer, Custom) take way longer than normal, abnormally long, like 10 seconds. Something to also be noticed.

Edit 2: It keeps happening. I can't play the game.

Post edited by Mandy on
9 votes

Pending · Last Updated

https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-live-status it looks like an issue with xbox right now, please check that link for further updates.

Comments

• G3rmansa1nt
    G3rmansa1nt Member Posts: 2

3 xbox series S here, able to play killer, unable to play survivor

• mllxnight
    mllxnight Member Posts: 3

Me too , I cant play at all.. I'm on Xbox Serie S too

• kahlanparker
    kahlanparker Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2023

I was able to play earlier today & now am also getting a party creation failed error when playing survivor on Xbox.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,908
    edited February 2023

Thanks for your reports on this, we're checking into it.

Had a quick check with Xbox service status as well - looks like they're having an issue, so could be connected.

Xbox Status | Xbox Support

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

I've had the "party creation fail" several times on PS4 when returning to my lobby playing solo or in swf.

• darkshadows8326
    darkshadows8326 Member Posts: 389

Party creation fail for survivor and can't connect to host when searching for a match as either survivor or killer. Unable to play on Xbox series S

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404

I’m also having this issue on Xbox series S. I can’t create a survivor lobby or accept invites from others. I can load into a killer lobby, but it won’t connect and allow me to play that role either. seems to be completely broken on Xbox… I’ve restarted several times and the same error happens.

• Normskies
    Normskies Member Posts: 2

I get the party creation fail and after multiple attempts i get to the lobby then from there when i look for a game i get the "unable to connect to host" msg and after multiple attempts i get a game. Been happening all morning. Frankly spent most time trying to bypass this than playing any games. Quite annoying. On Xbox series X

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I'm having the Party Creation Failed error on Xbox as well.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492

Same for me I could not play either role it keeps also saying: connection with host could not be established, please try again.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,908

Xbox Status | Xbox Support - will add this again, please follow that link for further updates as this looks to be on xbox side right now.

• RichardCarter
    RichardCarter Member Posts: 82

It seems like that as well. I heard it also happening to PlayStation consoles but I don't know for sure. Thank you

This discussion has been closed.