Dead Hard / Eruption

After confirming that the eruption will be changed, will there be any changes to Dead Hard? Just like survivors aren't interested in being useless for 25 seconds/eternity, assassins aren't exactly happy to have 3-4 Dead Hard every game. Will there be something with this perk? As well as the inability to use within a meter radius from pallets or windows.

By the way, is it possible for a knight to reduce the zone of "impossibility" to use the ability next to walls, etc.? Often, on hole cards, a lot of time is spent simply trying to use an ability.

I know there will be a Meta shakeup. I want a little bit of hope

Comments

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

They need to change DH again not because it's overpowered at this point I think it's mostly fine but more to create a more interesting experience.

If they don't change it playing killer will always be about baiting and waiting out Dead Hard which is just incredibly stale.

• NewPlayer100102
    NewPlayer100102 Member Posts: 515

You always wait it out. Every match, every chase. Its a lot of wait time when additioned.

Adding is rough, especially with variables. BUT. I think its usually over 25. No way am I doing the division to get an average across the average of a ton of games.

Get that spreadsheet nerd from the other thread for that crap!

• FMG15
    FMG15 Member Posts: 456

Why are people comparing these two perks this much. And why do people thing that if one side retrieves a nerf the other side needs a nerf as well for compensation? Eruption is far more unhealthy for the game than DH. It's not even close. Atleast with DH you are allowed to play the game for the next 25 seconds.

• JudithMorel
    JudithMorel Member Posts: 562

Dead hard is fine in its current state, skill issue.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

The issue with DH is that it creates this baiting out dh until you see another exhaustion perk bit that gets stale like Xendritch said.

I come from league so things getting gutted for the sake of not being useable or meta is a thing and it has kept the game going and growing for a decade. I really don't mind dh that much but I really think is should just be gutted for the sake of it.

• _Demidrol
    _Demidrol Member Posts: 35

The above was well said :

After the shake-up, there was a variety of perks, which was interesting. And now every match is like this, the same tricks at the windows and pallets and in the open. Like in the clip

https://youtu.be/5AyvX6mgnVM Otz speaks true

And after the last update there is no solo q anymore, now all are SWF. I feel bad for Michael Myers with a mirror for the first stage. Now you can not be afraid if you can see that he is chasing someone

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,618

That's your opinion, not an absolute fact. IMO dead hard is by a long shot much more worse than Eruption (high mmr matches where both sides have more or less the same skill dead hard is EXTREMELY obnoxious and powerful to have aganist, while Eruption is situational). One of the problems of that perk is that will utterly empowered good survivors, making the match miserable when aganist good loopers (you can't punish their eventual mistakes because of it) while the bad ones won't gain much from using that perk (for instance it's more easier wasting the killer's time with a sprint burst or lithe for those people than trying to pull off a timed right dead hard). Eruption has a similar problem but inverse: it won't do absolutely nothing aganist strong survivors but it will be overkill aganist the bad ones (both perks should be changed for those reasons)

• NewPlayer100102

SoloQ can counter Eruption.

I got yelled at last night for countering Eruption.

You have to let go of the generator when you think the person being chased will go down.

This works, sometimes(especially if the person the killer is chasing is ********, you will need to let go of the generator a lot.)

This will sometimes, especially with the new icons make your soloQ buddies very angry with you.

This doesn't mean you're going to win, it means you will successful counter Eruption, and likely get yelled at by a ******.

😍

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,164

You failed at your own comparison. On one side you talk about a successful counter, on the other about a full on hit by said ability. "This apple here is bright red, while this orange here is just a pale orange. How sad."

Waiting out a DH in theory only takes abot 5s, letting go of a gen at the right moment also adds a max of 5s. Failing on countering Eruption takes you out of the game for 25s, failing at using DH takes you out of the game for about an equal amount and puts you on the hook (even though get some thrilling wriggle gameplay options). Failing to anticipate DH as he killer adds easily 25s to a chase in the 7frames prior to winning it, which is probably more frustrating then having to find a Bush to hide in for 25s.

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418

I doubt it, but we'll see.

I can't really think of any ideas on how they could nerf it without entirely redesigning the perk.

Here's my hot take though - DH shouldn't be an exhaustion perk and should become a one-time-use perk like Decisive. The fact that survivors can repeatedly get a free, third-health state every time their exhaustion meter goes down always has, and always will be, horribly unfair. Rather than it being a constant 'get out of jail free' card for survivors to extend every single chase with the killer, it would require more strategy and they'd have to be more selective about when they choose to use it.

It was a horrible perk pre 'nerf' and one could actually argue that it wasn't a nerf by any means and was more of a buff.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Eruption and CoH are on the list for changes.

Nothing was confirmed about DH. It might or might not get something.

• Dinan
    Dinan Member Posts: 33

DH is fine

• ButterFlee13
    ButterFlee13 Member Posts: 269

The people who defend the DH here and state that it is skill, while think Eruption is brainless perk.

Do you think get a survivor down is based on skill of killer and winning mindgame and such. and should killer get some reward of gens regress or not? Because it seems like you are showing biased toward killers who get a survivor down.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,618

People who defend one perk and blame the other are biased, period. Despite i consider myself a killer main i consider myself equal regarding the judgment of some things (mainly because i played survivor too for a good chunk of my total playtime). i still think that both perks need a COMPLETE rework for various reasons, making them completely different from the actual ones.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,436

The main complaint regarding DH was always the distance, which was nerfed several months ago. I can't see them nerfing it again so soon.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,676

I agree that dead hard should become a one time use perk. Survivors have gotten so much stuff lately, that BHVR should give this perk a real nerf. It’s by far the most complained about survivor perk.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,135

You answered your own question by stating the fact that it’s a game.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,586

My thoughts exactly. Which is why DH needs to go. We tried to get used to it. We tried to rework it. We tried to counter it. But it's time that DH goes now.

Eruption can get gutted for all I care. Damn, make that thing the next Huntress Lullaby or worse, if you want. Just kill DH along with it.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,224

I mean if you want to take the entire match into account, then Eruption can trigger multiple times per match and can take out multiple survivors in one proc (for 25 seconds at a time), while regressing each generator it's activated on by 10%, plus up to another 6.25% from the default regression rate while a survivor recovers from incapacitated, which can only be stopped if an unaffected survivor comes and works on the generator.

The perk is massively overtuned at the moment. It needs a reduction in Incapacitated time.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,985

DH is the easiest perk to bait out

I can't believe people are this bad to not be able to deal with

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,224

I mean, you can't really consistently counter Eruption. Unless you're on a 4 stack with good communication, there's no way to communicate when everyone is going to go down.

Plus, even if you happen to not be on an affected generator, it still regresses by 10%. This can happen on multiple generators, and it's pretty common to have it set up like this.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

If they are serious about the meta shifting they have to nerf DH since it's the strongest survivor perk and everyone is using it. They have no choice as I see it.

• albertoplus
    albertoplus Member Posts: 285

I was going to answer him but i think you did it a lot better. Thanks!

Let's be honest here. Wiating is NOT fun for anyone. Waiting for Dead Hard until the survivor uses it is not fun. Waiting for Eruption to go off (and i mean, before the survivor is put down, so you don't get the incapacitated effect) is not fun.

You don't know when the other survivor is going to be down (unless you are in comms or see him directly). You don't know when the other survivor is going to E you. Funny is, the base is the same for both perks.

Eruption needs a solid nerf (and it got it, it left it in the trash can tho, but that's another story) and so DH. "Waiting while doing nothing" should never be the counterplay to a perk.

The thing that you are probably thinking: "I cannot juist wait until a surv is put down because what if the survivor just takes like 60 seconds to be put down!? Should i do nothing for 60 seconds?!"

Do you think kilers like to wait 3-5 seconds on every survivor on every wounded health state? In total time that can be a solid 50-60 seconds of "doing nothing", and that's counting the killer did successfully hooked every survivor on every first chase. Not counting the times where the killer has to stop chasing after getting E'd becasue the chase was getting so long, the times where survivors dont get hooked and just heal, etc.

Many factors can be said for both perks, but both of them share the same basics: "They get countered by doing nothing until they pop off. And that's not fun for anyone."

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,676

It's also more than 3-5 seconds on certain M2 killers, because the survivor can dead hard their killer powers on reaction, so those killers no longer get to save lots of time with their powers.

• albertoplus
    albertoplus Member Posts: 285

That's another story i just forgot! True, there are some killers with M2 powers that are really easy to E in reaction and they are left with high cooldowns.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,442

A lot of people complain about CoB and pain res, most of them asking for a nerf tho.

• BlueRose
    BlueRose Member Posts: 658

Trust me Pain res + DMS will being nerfed next now they be the num one perks for killers. The devs love killing killers perks bc the overused. Look at Pop/Ruin, those perks was never op or unfair but they got gutted.

• icedrake402
    icedrake402 Member Posts: 145

Guys, if I say I don't have a problem with a perk everyone hates, does that make people think I'm a super skilled player?

• NewPlayer100102

As unpopular as it is to say, Eruption is a counterable perk. I also don't waste my Eruption time, when I'm hit with it, I'm off and on my way to the unhook, or stepping back and trying to mentally organize the field. The perk was like Noed with less of a "W" to find it and break it counter and more of a pay attention, and make reasonable choices solution.

The time wasted vs time wasted compared to Dead Hard across a match is I think, comparable.

In actually use(I used Eruption exclusively across all killers I played for like 3 months) it was unlikely it would hit 2+ survivors on a single generator. In practice I would get use of Eruption on the first gen I kicked, and wouldn't notice it until mid game because I would always be in a chase at that time. I would get late game value when gens wound down to 3-4, and this is the usage period that always generated after game hate.

Compared to Dead Hard, which regardless of what I take or do, I can swing at and wait, or wait and swing at. Neither one of us can produce numbers to settle the issue. We can only estimate based on our experience with the tools and the rolls they benefit. Eruption has clear potential to waste far more time, I seldom saw it do so. The relatively small amount of time wasted by dead hard per survivor is generally constantly present across the entire match.

The goal of my earlier post was to remind people that Dead Hard does indeed waste time. It waste time if you use it. It waste time if you assume it is present. It waste time in games its not even present in because its the most selected perk. Eruption doesn't have this magic, in practice.

I'm being as objective as possible, with both of these, to be blunt, my hidden agenda is I would rather neither perk was changed. Both seemed fine to me.

• SixShotOcelot
    SixShotOcelot Member Posts: 121

False, seeing as how Eruption was changed in last July's massive patch.

• Warlord1981NL
    Warlord1981NL Member Posts: 262

They will never do anything about it. The devs are survivor-sided and incompetent while at it. I mean, this game is 7 years old and it still crashes regularly and lets not even talk about balance because the only balance there is, is survivors buying cosmetics balance and as such they will cater to their every whim. The only recourse killers have is letting the game die. Just don't play because we will never see anything good being added to the game. Survivors will cry and mommy BHVR will step in to nerf the ever living crap out of whatever it is. Eruption wasnt even that good and yet here we are. Last of the mediocre at best perks got nerfed... What a surprise...