Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Tools of Torment wasn’t rushed.

I just wanna say, this chapter IS NOT RUSHED. stop crying that it isn’t some robot. This chapter definitely has flaws yes. But it feels like the lot of you are just crying over such small stuff.

1. this killer was not meant to be predator, BHVR is not gonna do heavy work on a license that they haven’t even fully secured, even if they were working on a predator chapter and it was pulled, it wouldn’t have been at the stage where this chapter would have to get completely rushed. If a license really got pulled that late, the license holders would get their own legal problems.
  2. the power is not rushed, Ya’ll just complaining it’s weak. The power isn’t even “badly designed”. A bad power design is something like pig, buffing her is extremely hard cause, even small changes can make her very strong. Meanwhile, skull merchant, making small changes for her wouldn’t immediately break her. ALSO, you guys are saying this is rushed but, the power works very well and fluid, weak yes, but not rushed.
  3. her lore, yes, I agree it’s mediocre, if not bad. I like what they tried with all the manga stuff, but it’s way too simple and doesn’t explore her getting into robotics and building and all that stuff (unless, she meant to be a literal capitalist villain and she doesn’t even build her own stuff, but that would go against the map and trailer so idk).
  4. her Mori, yeah that’s complete trash no excuse there lol.
  5. the lack of new map: BHVR LEGIT STATED IN THE ANNIVERSARY BROADCAST THAT WERE ONLY GONNA BE 2 NEW MAPS WHY THE HELL ARE YOU EVEN SURPRISED? not to mention, maps take a while to build from scratch, and, shelter woods gets updated + 2 maps are getting reworked, so there’s still something in that department.

finally, just wanted to mention this chapter has 2 survivors and one of the longer length CGI trailers. I get you may not like “sexy girl”, but the fact people think this whole chapter is horny bait is so sad.

nobody complained about Vittorio being the most BLATANT case of horny bait, but as soon as this one female character who isn’t even blatantly advertised as being sexy (COUGH COUGH Vittorio). I don’t dislike Vittorio either, but there’s some MASSIVE hypocrisy going around in the community right now.

please stop complaining because the killer’s visual design isn’t in your liking, not every character design you will like.

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

Fully agreed. I genuinely don't understand the impulse to act as though "I don't like [x]" must always automatically also mean "[x] is trash/rushed/lazy/etc".

There are things you could say about this chapter for sure, but "rushed" is a complaint conjured out of thin air.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,565

This, although people did in fact complain about Vittorio being horny bait. That was the whole marketing theme behind him.

• wydyadoit
    wydyadoit Member Posts: 1,145

eh. i just hope they include a maskless version of the killer for free. the mask is just so terrible. looks like aluminum foil that's been bedazzled and stuck to a covid mask.

• JustWhimsical
    JustWhimsical Member Posts: 590

Literally, the only good part of the chapter is the survivors lol and you still think that this chapter isn't rushed. Trickster was more enjoyable of a chapter release unironically. .-.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

Who's "we", though? It's certainly not the players of DBD, because that's a group with a wide variety of opinions on the subject- including plenty who have been asking for another trap-based killer for years.

• Z0mbiv0r
    Z0mbiv0r Member Posts: 304

Personally I don't have a problem with SM character design as such, I do like it, but I would rather it being an unlockable or paid for cosmetic while having something more creepy as base outfit. What I do have a problem with is SM's power. No that its design is bad, but it is certainly, always imo, poorly executed and quite too pasive to my liking.

I love Trapper even more so than I like Hag, but their powers are more interesting and fun to play with, the way the 3 of them are right now, and while playing Trapper, 3 gen protection is a choice I have to take depending on how the match evolves. But with SM I don't feel the same way.

If they find the way to make it more active and interesting, I'll be glad to play as her, no matter the outfit she comes with, but as of now, I'll be glad if someone likes her, but I won't really like enjoy as or against her, at all. And, save for Knight and Demogorgon, who I have had no chance to play as, I've enjoyed playing as every other killer.

• leviivel
    leviivel Member Posts: 277

If the majority are complaining about how the killer is weak, then why is the negativity for the whole chapter as a whole so bad?

balancing exists hello.

• leviivel
    leviivel Member Posts: 277

Fair point, blood rush and background player both really should never have existed in their current forms. But, balancing still exists so hopefully BHVR doesn’t mess it up.

• Piruluk
    Piruluk Member Posts: 995

No they didnt complain.

But all female killer must be a mutant robot, or extremely ugly, but these people buying shirtless sexualized males

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I think they were being extra careful with her power because something like this hasn't been introduced into the game before.

And honestly the chapter isn't as bad as people are saying. The killer needs a lot of buffs and a different Mori, but that's about it. The survivors are fine, new maps are fine, and the perks are (somewhat) fine. It's just the killer.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

Except it's the PTB and instead of providing balancing suggestions everyone is just throwing tantrums like children.

• Piruluk

Strange then I must missed that, respect for those who did complain then

• th3syst3m
    th3syst3m Member Posts: 394

I dunno what we're talking about here but with all the thirst trap talk I would like to say I'm sick of double standard and respectively ask the devs to release a g-string Jane cosmetic.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

No need to give balancing suggestions for a killer not wanted in the first place. She’s a knight 2.0, only worse in chase and better at 3 gens. So boring.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,583

It doesn't matter, if the chapter was rushed or not. We got 2 cool new survivors, 2 absolutely gorgeous maps and a killer that underperforms in every way immaginable.

The Skull Merchant doesn't look like a killer. Visually she is just a rather appealing woman wearing something I'd expect more from a mercenary with a comically large predatoresque weapon that doesn't suit her at all. Her mask contradicts the fact that she is more of an assassin than a psychopath like the Trickster, who has fun chasing their prey. Her chase music is boring and don't get me started on her mori. It's by far the worst in the game. Her power can be summed up as: lacking. It lacks lethality since she has no anti-loop. It lacks mobility. It lacks slowdown. It even lacks the information part. She has a radar that is very misleading and a stealth that simply doesn't work because her character model is about as stealthy as the sun. You see her mask everywhere. Worst of all it lacks skill expression. Tactical gameplay is all well and good but she isn't a tactical killer. Just set up a drone in an area you want to defend and that's it. A bit like Hag but with less thought put into it. With Hag you'd at least think about where exactly the trap needs to bet set so that it's hard to remove and hard to see, while still giving you the perfect angle to attack.

The worst part is that this could have been a very cool killer. You have so many options to work with this gimmick but instead we got a killer with subpar tracking and pretty much nothing else. Especially against injured survivors. This is worse than Legion because they can at least stab the injured survivor and get into the next chase immediately.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    edited February 2023

With some days inbetween, I have to admit that i have overreacted. The Killer might not be the best one, but his addons are nice, he is unique, so after all a nice thing.

EVERYTHING besides the Killer (Map-Rework etc.) looked pretty damn good, too. I disliked the idea of creating a main building on Shelter Woods instead of a new map, however, I think this addition is also very nice to see. I assume we will see this on other maps with no main building, too? (Like Wreckers Yard for example).

If I had a wishlist for maps, I would like to see 3-1-3-maps gone. They are bad for both sides.

I like the Chapter and will play the Skull Merchant when she comes out.

• jordywordy
    jordywordy Member Posts: 99

They took their time....... and ended up with THIS? O.o Now that would surprise me..

• HugTechLover

I could care less if YOU take me serious. I stand with the majority. Major majority at that. You sir, are in the minority.

• Hi_Im_Chucky
    Hi_Im_Chucky Member Posts: 366

I’m more willing to stomach this chapter if I let my brain think BHVR had a falling out in a deal and had to scramble a little to create this more or less low effort Killer. If this was carefully designed and planned and they honestly think they “did a good job so far”, then my dissatisfaction with this chapter just rose two fold. Pathetic if not rushed~

• Piruluk

I dont think this forum or reddit represents the majority, anyway the information trapper is too weak, she needs to be lot stronger at area denial, if that fixed she will be fine addition to the game.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

There's no reason for anybody on the forums to take anyone seriously

• HugTechLover

Being in the majority means everything. Lmao.

Who’s crying?😂 Because I don’t like the killer and I think it’s a garbage release? That’s me crying? No, that’s my thoughts, along with majority of the forum’s thoughts. Chapter is cheeks, and that’s my opinion that’s I’m entitled to. You’re entitled to yours as well.

Agree to disagree.

• Xendritch

That's a very weird statement. Why? Majority of people thought the earth was flat that didn't make them right so ??? very odd statement.

You're allowed to not like the killer, I didn't like wesker when they released different killers appeal to different people and that's okay. The problem is when there are people that like the killer and those of us that like the chapter are basically being told we're not allowed and you have to join the chorus and say the chapter sucks. It's nonsense especially when it's being done by people that clearly don't understand the killer and keep making erroneous comparisons to knight. You actually don't have to 3 gen with this killer but that's what everyone's mind goes to because that's what is easiest and things never evolve beyond that because people play the killer for 2 games and decided they knew everything about them.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,583

I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong. I'm saying the copium is strong with you. Meaning you have higher hopes than most of us.

I doubt they'll put in the work necessary to really sell this killer. I reckon many will buy her with shards but who would spend money on her as she is now? That would require them to rewrite the lore because what we have is shallow and implausible, as well as reworking her power, her animations and her appearance (she's supposed to be stealthy after all). The chase music is simply boring and uninspired and the mori looks like it was animated in about 5 minutes. Seriously, the survivor just stands there for 5 seconds and does nothing and then they are surprised the killer is behind them? WHAT?! They just got downed so they know where the killer is! Also it's blatantly copied from Freddy.

They did very little with Sadako even though the vast majority of the playerbase agreed that she should get some buffs for her chase. Remember, that was before people started to play for Condemned so her kill rate was pretty abismal and to this day we still consider this whole playstyle an exploit. As it stands she'll exceed Knight in 3 gen camping and be inferior in everything else.

They will fix some bugs, maybe slightly tweak some numbers and that's it. The mori is gonna stay the same as is the power, the visual design and her chase music. Another boring, poorly designed C-tier killer is born.

• Piruluk

Her lore is fine, she doesnt needs to be a tragic female killer variant 10.

Otherwise I agree

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

She feels undercooked. Like they had the concept but ran out of time for her details. I said in another thread I give BHVR credit for trying something different it unfortunately didn't come together.

• HugTechLover

Umm… we aren’t talking about the earth being flat? That’s not even a comparison. We’re talking about DBD… where the direction of the game most of the time goes off what the majority is calling for. 😅

Where have I said you aren’t allowed to like the killer or chapter? Please point out where I directly said that and I’ll apologize. Instead, you came at me saying I’m just crying and throwing a fit because I’m expressing MYYYYY opinion over this chapter, which I think is terrible. How is she not like the knight?? She denies a loop by dropping a drone, just as knight denies a loop by dropping a guard… She protects a 3 gens by keeping a drone over the gens…. Just as knight protects a 3 gen by placing guards on the gens… BOTH of their powers strongly encourage holding W. So please tell me how they are not strongly related in application.

Her animations are copied and pasted. She’s kicks pallets and gens the same way all the other basic killers do despite there being so many unique animations they could have done with a character like that. Her mori is quite literally freddy’s with a drone doing a useless scan.

My biggest issue is she’s another M1 killer with a skill-less power. There’s no skill ceiling to her at all. I put 1300 hours into blight to become how good I am with him. I learned so many things about his power and how to counter certain loops and movements.. I could put 1300 hours into SM and learn what? Maybe better spots to place drones? C’mon dawg…..

I won’t even get into the survivors and their perks. Let alone the killer’s perks.

• Xendritch

My point is being in the majority does not automatically make you right. The majority of people thought Twins was terrible on PTB but then they turned out to be A tier and got nerfed several times.

You directly haven't said we're not allowed to like the chapter that's I've seen but don't pretend there haven't been dozens of posts and threads calling for the chapter to be delayed or just not come out at all. Just because you can 3 gen with the killer doesn't mean that's the only thing you can do with her, every killer can 3 gen so that doesn't say much. Like everything you said can be applied to Artist for example when you can drop a crow and make them hold W and you can then crows and gens and force a 3 gen does that make Artist and SM the same killer?

But more to the point you can be very very aggressive with SM's power if you go to the survivors and setup where they are instead of trying to setup a 3 gen you can create a ton of pressure and between chasing and keeping drones up you're always doing something. Watch OnePumpWillie on Twitch or Bazazell on YouTube and you can see the potential of the killer, that right there shows there is a ton of things to learn about the killer that isn't obvious. There's a difference between a killer being not requiring skill and having and requiring skills you're not interested in learning.

• HugTechLover

There is no right or wrong with matters on the game. Only differing opinions that may favor majority or minority.

Yes, any killer can 3 gen. But she EXCELS at holding a 3 gen. Her power ENCOURAGES holding a 3 gen.

Yes, her and artist operate the exact same way when it comes to their power in chase. Come up to a loop, drop a crow / drone, survivor holds W to the next one or maybe gets hit.

I just have to disagree dude, her power is not aggressive at all. Power’s like Blight’s or Wesker are aggressive. SM can get good info / aura, but it is difficult to capitalize off of it because she’s simply an M1 killer with no mobility. She may be a super fun killer for some, but for me and others, I much prefer a killer who can directly use and M2 power in chase. A power with a high ceiling to grow more dangerous with. That’s why Blight has been my main since he released.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

BHVR is a business. They want to release something the majority of people like so they make money. It doesn't matter how strong The Twins are, I've hardly seen them at all from day one of their release. They're not popular to play as, which means BHVR probably hasn't made a lot of money off of them between both buying the chapter and cosmetics. Notice how few cosmetics The Twins have ever gotten.

The "earth is flat" analogy doesn't apply here. If the majority of people believed the earth is flat, and a company was trying to sell a product that shows a picture of the earth, they'd show a picture of a flat earth to sell more product. This isn't really about the majority being right or wrong, it's about the majority being the ones determining BHVR's profits.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

I'll correct you...I believe your wording is too high brow for these forums folks....high brow intelligent posts go over people's heads and you need to put more insults in there.....then maybe they will take you seriously.....

• SpaghettiVase
    SpaghettiVase Member Posts: 341

Majority of people thought the earth was flat

Off topic but this is incorrect. The majority of people always have believed the Earth was round, even ancient civilizations that didn't explore past their own boarders.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

It was either rushed or the devs really do lack alot of understanding in their own game.

Personally I'll go with lack of understanding tbh, it's a party game, it's not a party game, balance for casual survivors but balance for high level killers, know big maps are an issue but keep making them etc. Honestly its endless how back and fourth they are on everything

The chapter sucks though, simple as.

Weakest killer, pointless power, the killer isnt as interesting as it could be by simple changes (why not make the mask/weapon actually part of their body like a cyborg instead of just stuck on. I'm skipping the killer, if I was Brazilian I'd be disappointed this is the Brazilian killer tbh.

• HugTechLover

I will agree with you on that last part. I too, and interested to see what BHVR’s next move is. All eyes are on them.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Tbf it would help if they stopped nerfing them because of some 0.01% twins player was doing well while most other players weren't... like they legit nerfed a killer for the smallest group of players which is stupid.

That mixed with the extra nerfs that made them feel clunky to play is going to push alot of people off them, theres plenty of little changes they can do without a full rework to make twins more fun to play but I cant say that for the new chapter, only people at a low level or people that play for thirst will enjoy her tbh.

It's a shame, I was hyped to have a female mad scientist/cyborg then seen the base cosmetic and power, new cosmetics will be dope I'm sure but I cant get over the basically pointless power unless you can a 3gen with is boring af to do as killer especially from the get go

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    edited February 2023

When they’re cranking out 4 new chapters a year, they are all rushed. That’s why we have bugs galore and half-baked killers with every new chapter. BHVR are prioritizing quantity over quality and it shows.