Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

PC - Broken (green) key not able to open closed hatch

Description

Seems like when you try opening a closed hatch with a green key, it will not display the HUD to press space the space bar or the RB on an Xbox Controller, and in fact you can't unlock the hatch.

It only seems to happen with the green key, not with the purple nor red one. It happens in every map.

Steps to reproduce:

Step 1: get a green key in any map.

Step 2: as the last survivor, wait for the killer to close the hatch.

Step 3: approach the hatch and stand on top of it or around it. It will not show up any interaction hint.

Step 4: hitting space or RB in some Xbox controller will not open it, nor do any action.

Additional Information

- Cheryl Mason (Cybil Bennett skin).

- Boon: Circle of Healing,Repressed Alliance,Botany Knowledge,Self-Care

- Groaning Storehouse (The MacMillan Estate).

- Every time.

Testing information:

A friend and I have been testing that bug in-game, in three different matches, which I have used to test the broken green key on the closed hatch in both keyboard and Xbox controller. The purple key was also tested and has proven to work.

Effectively, every map and match that we played in proved my point.

I am willing to offer more detailed information, such as in-game screenshots and testing as soon as my friend and I get into a custom match again. This is my first time uploading a bug report on this forum so I hope the testing information does help too!

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,188

It's called a broken key because it doesn't work to open the hatch. It's only useful for running key add-ons to see auras and what not.

• KyneticFlux
    KyneticFlux Member Posts: 2

I mean yes, the item's name is pretty evident of course but for some reason my friend and I never thought it wasn't meant to open the hatch, or simply missed out the very obvious idea.

Thanks a lot for explaining, since the item description never included any hint aside of the wiki fandom, I feel kind of stupid now :P shall we remove this thread?

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,188

Yeah, the game doesn't mention that the Broken Key can't open the hatch. Instead, in the descriptions of the Skeleton Key and Dull Key it states that they "can be consumed to open the Hatch." BHVR doesn't consider the fact that people expect keys to open the hatch and it should be clearly indicated when that isn't the case.

BHVR is not good at clearly expressing things. Some of their Tome challenges are notoriously poorly written.