Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

W key

DarkSkysz
DarkSkysz Member Posts: 22
edited February 2023 in Ask the Community

Came back to DBD after 6 months of break.

But I noticed one thing is different/weird. After some time during the match (both killer or surv) I noticed that the W key kinda gets 'stuck'. My character will still keep moving foward even after I release the W key and if I press ESC while holding W, I just can't move foward anymore when I close ESC.

It make things like waiting for DH or even hiding for the killer really hard since my character wont stop when I tell it to stop... it will just keep moving.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Answers

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Are you sure it’s not a physical problem with your w key? Can you try to rebind it and see if the problem persist with another key?

i definitely haven’t noticed this on my games - so if it is some kind of bug it doesn’t affect all/many people it seems

• DarkSkysz
    DarkSkysz Member Posts: 22

Outside of the game the key works normal, one W when I press or multiples when I hold. The 'sticky' problem is only happening in the game.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,014

Actually that is... rather interesting, DarkSkysz, because I ran into the issue as well with only Killer, I have Killer movement bound 1 keyset to the right (E,S,D,F instead of W,A,S,D that is still fine for Survivor) and haven't had issues after doing that. I figured it was my laptop but hearing another case of it, it may be something to get looked into even if its small and may not affect too many players.

Go ahead over to Bug Reports with this one: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs Please check first and see if it has been reported already and upvote it, otherwise you can open a new report following the guidelines.

This discussion has been closed.