Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Spirit audio issues

ProudRinMain
ProudRinMain Member Posts: 331
edited July 2023 in Bug Reporting

I would like to report that Spirit during her power faces many issues related to audio ranging from sounds abruptly cutting out or outright disappearing and this really hinders her ability to track survivors efficiently and is a detriment to her. I hope this will be seen by some dev and begin their attempts at sorting out the countless detrimental audio issues affecting Spirit ( hopefully unintentionally ) negatively.

Post edited by Mandy on
5 votes

Not a Bug · Last Updated

Comments

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684

Why would they intentionally put audio issues in the game? 🙄

• ProudRinMain
    edited February 2023

There are things called shadow nerfs or buffs and they have a chance to be turned into a feature in the game later on. And the in-game sounds have been bugged for as long as i can remember and the devs still don’t seem to be at least attempting to acknowledge them even though I’m not the first to tell them about this….what does that tell you? 4+ YEARS of still « working » on them and considering it not INTENTIONAL? If that’s the case, then it’s just pure laziness and incompetence and nothing more

but sure let’s fix Spirit’s directional audio ASAP to be extremely clear and free of any audio issues while we leave out the part where it’s on the survivor side….🙄

Post edited by ProudRinMain on
  • G_Hunters
    G_Hunters Member Posts: 74
    edited February 2023

As you said,it happens the same while facing her as survivor,there is a phasing sound bug (or at least I guess it's unintended) where the "woosh" effect is muffled if the spirit is behind an object.

There are so many audio related problems at the moment wich were reported but never acknowledged by the developers.

I would like to mention the boon/hex bug where a blessed/destroyed totem doesn't play the sound it should.

I could walk in the map as killer,and find myself in front of a boon totem wich was never notified to me (no thunder sound)

• legacycolt

Spirits directional phasing audio needs to be fixed asap before anything

• ProudRinMain

entitlement at its finest, if you want it fixed so bad, then so should inconsistent audio on the survivors’ side which is way more impactful than what you’re asking to be fixed but go ahead i.g

• legacycolt

I think survivors should come first in this regard, then killer. Bhvr can’t work on everything at the same time

• ProudRinMain
    edited February 2023

No, both need to be addressed at the same time. If BHVR is able to fix Spirit’s audio not emitting a directional audio, then they sure as hell can do the same for survivor audio. If survivors want Spirit’s directional whoosh to be extremely clear and precise, why is it only THEM that get that luxury ? Why can’t the survivors’ audio be looked at to make it more clearer/precise for the Spirit player to track? The whole reason Spirit got nerfed was to make her « Fairer » in the majority’s eyes for the other side and it’s not fair that survivors’ issues are prioritized without doing the same for killer if they are choosing the «being fair for both sides «  route. It’s hypocrisy really when they claim that both sides should have equal information and it shows through the players/Devs’s actions that they shrug off most killer issues. ( if not all )

many players are ironically wanting what was complained about old Spirit AKA:

«  no equal informatiom/the other side gaining more info than the other « 

and it’s contradictory that many « said «  that both sides should have the same amount of information and yet keep on shrugging off the issues that hinder Spirit’s tracking  and focus on wanting to make survivors be able to track Spirit effortlessly whereas the Spirit player can’t do that due to COUNTLESS audio issue that aren’t acknowledged/not thought of as being an issue. It’s stupid really 🙄

as i side note, as much as i hate Spirit having directional audio, it still should be fixed because it’s not an official change to Spirit to have non-directional audio sadly.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,693

If BHVR doesn’t want to remove sound occlusion from the game, then Spirit should absolutely keep her sound occlusion.

Changes don’t need to be official, announced, or even intended in order to be kept in the game. Survivors absolutely have unintended mechanics that were eventually accepted into the game, and Spirit’s directional audio was such a giant over nerf, that she really needs something like sound occlusion on her audio, because it’s a garbage character design if Spirit has to suffer sound occlusion when the survivors are invisible to her, but the survivors get perfect directional audio of Spirit all the time.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,996

An argument appears to be brewing here, I will do my best to clarify.

I do not have reports on survivor audio being bugged - I have seen reports re sound occlusion which is by design. Survivors are not invisible, there's blood and scratchmarks that also help to track.

However, there is a report and this is confirmed as a bug re Spirits audio occlusion, this should not be occuring - Spirit was given directional sound for a reason - she's invisible, we don't want to go back to the days when the only option against Spirit was a 50/50 guess.

• ProudRinMain

I understand but if sound occlusion which is intended ,as you claim , by design then shouldn’t Spirit’s audio be susceptible to it as well? Replying to your comment about there being blood and scratchmarks being other means of tracking, yes and no, the former cannot be seen during Spirit’s power at all and the latter is so inconsistent that it’s used purely to get close to then having to rely on audio to confirm a hit.

survivors are also invisible to Spirit.

I don’t agree that Spirit mindgames are 50-50s as almost all in-game mechanics are like that , e.g.:T-L walls, and other pvp games are more or less like old Spirit’s mindgames

anyway, thanks for replying and for future replies !

• Coffeecrashing

I don’t understand why Spirit shouldn’t have directional audio and sound occlusion at the same time. I thought the whole point of Spirit’s character design, and the whole point of her turning invisible, was that she’s supposed to have potential mind games when she’s invisible.

The directional audio wasn’t even a popular requested nerf. People wanted her to have a much more telegraphed “I’m phasing” thing, so Spirit couldn’t do the “I’m standing still and survivors can’t tell if I’m using my power”, and BHVR somehow turned that into massively accurate directional audio, which defeats the purpose of making Spirit invisible.

And sound occlusion should be fine, because if survivors can’t see a killer, then the fact that she’s invisible shouldn’t be a factor, since all the other killers would be able to do the same “50/50” situations if they hide their red stain by turning their camera.

• Coffeecrashing

And it still feels really awful that the general direction for this game seems to be “we want to increase survivor quality of life, and we want to actively decrease killer quality of life”

If BHVR had changed some of Spirit’s numbers around, that would have been a performance nerf, but giving Spirit long ranged massively accurate directional audio, that works even if the survivor doesn’t have line of sight and therefore wouldn’t have seen Spirit even if she were visible, is a massive quality of life decrease. It’s the same with Nurse’s new super loud chase music, that’s so loud and full of thud noises that survivors become instantly silent when they break one of sight. That was a massive quality of life decrease too. Why does Spirit and Nurse need nerfs that are also massively quality of life decreases? How is that fun or fair to the people that want to play those killers?

It’s fine if BHVR wants to nerf or buff certain killers, but nerfing killers so they are miserable to play, feels awful.

• legacycolt

We love queen Mandy <3

This discussion has been closed.