Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

DBD Unplayable Due to Severe Assets Glitching

bonbonunicorn
bonbonunicorn Member Posts: 8
edited February 2023 in Bug Reporting

Step 1: Boot the game

Step 2: Just from the lobby, observe that game assets are glitching

Step 3: Initiate "Survivor Tutorial"

Step 4: Further demonstrate the severity of glitching that makes game unplayable

ADDITONAL INFORMATION

I guess it's not a RAM issue because I have more than memory than the minimum requirement - 20gb RAM at the moment. I'm not tech-savvy so I can't really tell the problem from the statistics alone. Additionally, other graphically demanding games are running perfectly fine, if that information helps. I'm not sure what's wrong with my pc and I hope someone in the community can determine the solution to this problem so I could finally play DBD on my pc again. Thank you in advance to whoever can help me out regarding this issue. 

When my laptop was just new, I was able to play DBD without problems. I stopped playing for a while because and tried other games, then it was like this when I tried to play DBD again. I'm not sure whether the issue is with my pc, the game itself, or with drivers.

I've attached my pc's specifications, some pictures, and a video to show the issue I'm experiencing.

Post edited by Mandy on
1 votes

Not a bug · Last Updated

It sounds like you have a technical issue, please feel free to ask for assistance from the Community in the Ask the Community Sub forum.

Comments

• wimpy
    wimpy Member Posts: 274

I know you don't know much about PCs, so I'll just give you the gist.

You made two mistakes this time.

• The first is that you did not replace the memory with a set of 2 cards when you added the memory.
    • The second is that you mixed the original memory with new memory that has different specifications.

In order to operate in dual-channel mode, a set of memory with the same specifications must be incorporated.

The original memory is 4GB and single rank. The new memory is 16 GB and dual rank.

On CPU-Z, it appears to be operating in dual channel, but in reality, only 4GB of the new memory is operating in dual channel, and the remaining 12GB is operating in single channel.

Furthermore, your early, older Ryzen systems are difficult to match up with memory.

No offense, but you should buy the memory that comes in a set of 2 cards and get both cards new at the same time.

And for the memory bundled in the set of 2, choose the single rank.

• bonbonunicorn
    bonbonunicorn Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2023

Hi wimpy! I recognize you from the old discussion I had with the same issue. Appreciate the response. My laptop actually came with a 4GB ram stick for some reason and I bought it because the store had no other options at the time. I was able to play DBD even with just that much ram during the past without issues.

Thinking that the ram sticks might be mismatched or the old one is faulty, I tried running DBD with only the new 16gb ram stick as well. The game still has the glitching issue. Do you think that my laptop is simply too old to run DBD or that the GPU is dying? Maybe I just need to get a new pc? Feel free to roast my pc btw, no holds barred, I don't mind. Haha! 😂

I don't know if I'm allowed to mention this, but I'm having the same issue with another game called Devil in Me from the Dark Pictures Anthology. I also can't play that game due to the similar glitching issue. Playing some YouTube videos can also be annoying because sometimes there are random black and green pixels. I know that something is wrong with my pc, but I'm perplexed that it only occurs in some games or some YouTube videos.

• wimpy
    wimpy Member Posts: 274

My laptop actually came with a 4GB ram stick for some reason and I bought it because the store had no other options at the time.

If you are sure of what you are saying, does that mean that your laptop was purchased used? Because a genuine brand new "Acer Nitro AN515-43" can't have only one 4GB of memory.

If you bought it used and it had only one 4GB of original memory built into slot 1, then there may have been a problem with slot 2. It could be a physical problem with slot 2 itself, or it could be a problem with the memory originally installed in slot 2, or it could be both. It could be a memory controller malfunction.

In any case, it is impossible to analyze your PC's problem here. As I answered in a previous thread, your previous bug report was caused by a lack of memory in your PC.

As I replied above, the cause of this bug report cannot be identified by anyone because you have not installed the memory correctly. If I had access to your PC, I could fix it and make it usable...

The only advice I can give you is, as I said before, to go to a reputable PC store for repair or buy a new PC.

Again, your problem is not caused by Dead by Daylight. Therefore, it is not a bug.

Best of luck to you!

This discussion has been closed.