Why does the Hatch even exist ?

VaporLion
VaporLion Member Posts: 386
edited February 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

It enhances Toxic gameplay -> Killers are slugging because of it and Survivors are endlessly hiding

Its not fun for the Killer.

Its not fun for the Survivor.

An escape through it doesnt feel like a win.

A Killer not getting last one by RNG feels unrewarding.

So what even the point ?

Can someone tell me they actually enjoy the hatch-mechanic, cuz i surely dont.

Comments

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

Racing the last survivor for it is fun?

• CheesyGuy
    CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399

I feel you but I also understand why it is a mechanic. Imagine you did well and your team does not and you wanted to escape. On the other hand, the same applies to the killer. He did good and manage to get 3k and wants his 4k. What will be the fair option? Let it to the chance. Hatch is the chance factor in this scenario. After the hatch closes there is still a chance if you manage the protect the gates or manage to trick the killer and escape through the gate. I know it is not fun and most of the time it is not satisfactory for both sides, it is the chance factor and I think it is a necessary evil of the game.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

Ever been in a game where there's 2 Survivors left and they just stealth around and do nothing?

From what I’ve heard, that used to happen all the time pre Hatch when there was only 1 survivor left.

Hatch was added to make that situation not a thing.

• Technature
    Technature Member Posts: 619

To point to the killer when someone is standing still doing nothing for a large amount of time.

Something that doesn't happen if a survivor is constantly moving from locker to locker in the basement.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,213
    1. To force the game to end by triggering the EGC when it's closed.
    2. To provide the final survivor with a chance of escaping. Otherwise a 3K automatically = 4K.
  • Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,213

In my experience, once the killer closes the hatch, either of the two remaining exit gates are virtually impossible to open without some kind of distraction, or employing the "open to C" then hide method, which requires getting lucky, and flat out doesn't work against high mobility killers. The killer has nothing left to do but patrol the exits, which is your only way out.

So no. And I don't know what game you've been playing if you think otherwise.

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828

you can completely negate crows by dropping and picking an item

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

It exists to ensure the game can end in a 1v1.

I do think crow mechanics should be more strict in 2v1s so survivors can’t hide forever. As in, you get crows after a certain amount of time if you’re not doing an objective and aren’t in chase with the killer, even if you are moving around. Hiding and waiting for your teammate to die shouldn’t be rewarded.

As for the killer side of it, a 3k with a hatch escape should count as a merciless victory, imo, so hatch doesn’t take away adepts and it’s more clear that 3 kills is a win and the 4th doesn’t matter.

• AverageAshEnjoyer
    AverageAshEnjoyer Member Posts: 427

its to give the last survivor a bit of hope after the others are dead. wouldnt it be boring to have the survivor just suicide every time?

also you dont have to slug. just take the 3k, its a win either way.

• VaporLion
    VaporLion Member Posts: 386
    edited March 2023

They could maybe make it so the killer permanently sees the aura of the last survivor and the "endgame collapse" initiates. But the survivor wins if the time runs out. So this way you want to kill the 3rd survivor asap and its fun for both in the end.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

Why does the Hatch even exist ?

To provide players yet one more thing to complain about for their enjoyment.