Why keep murdering gen defense/regression perks

Options

Hex Ruin, Pop goes the weasel, Thanataphobia, Scourge hook: pain resonance, and Call of Brine and Overcharge all have been or will be nerfed into irrelevancy. Is Jolt and Deadlock going to be too powerful too? Ruin, COB, and OC should all have 150% regression speed as a medium so they aren't as oppressive, but still useful. Thanataphobia could use just a 1% increase, Pain Res should have a way to get charges back (like when gens are completed), and Pop should just go back to how it was before. There is a reason pretty much nobody uses perks like grim embrace. Please make it so gen regression has some strength. Otherwise the only other option is to remove one player as quickly as possible

Comments

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

Hell, I'd say just remove regression perks/slowdown perks altogether and simply balance the game around that.

I doubt BHVR have capability to deal with all those perks that directly affect objectives at this point.

• pigslittlepet
    pigslittlepet Member Posts: 432
    Options

I really would like something that could hold gens for just a bit longer. i've taken to just playing killers with strong chases and putting on corrupt and deadlock for max passive slowdown so i have as much time to quickly get as many downs as possible before the game ends. no way to regress a gen properly anymore just means i am going to have to be faster with my objective. if gens fly too fast then i'm going to have to tunnel someone eventually. it's never my starting goal but if we can't slow down gens what other choice to slow the game down do we have?

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 515
    Options

Totally agree.

Regarding survivor play, I'm concerned that the gen rush will end the game quickly and 3-4 people will escape, or that one person will leave early in the camp & tunnel and be wiped out. Since DH didn't change much after all, I will do my best to reject the tunnel with Off the Record and DH. If they still keep chasing me, the three other people will escape.

When playing a killer, the gen regression park is obsolete, so unless it is a killer that puts pressure on the entire map and the chase ends in a short time, there is no confidence that the game can proceed without camping and tunneling.With almost no way to regress gen, it may feel like playing a really early DbD. Since gen kick?CoB has become obsolete, the amount of regression will be recovered in an instant.

• LollyGurl
    LollyGurl Member Posts: 49
    Options

It’s so telling to see folks complain about Call of Brine in a way that makes it clear they never cared for it beyond its regression.

A lot of us use it for the Loud Noise Notifications, making it an alternative/companion to the likes of Discordance, which is also able to bypass Distortion where Nowhere To Hide doesn’t and it’s furthermore excellent on Nemmy as LNNs attract zombies, specifically to camp gens in this case.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

That's because for anyone but Nemmy, Surveillance is arguably better for information than cob is.

• LollyGurl
    LollyGurl Member Posts: 49
    Options

Surveillance requires more attention as it lacks CoB’s audio cue nor goes off for every Good skill check in its duration. Also much like CoB needing to be kicked on, Surveillance needs gens to be regressing, also requiring a kick or remote regression effect. Also Surveillance has no regression buff, which makes it more ‘obsolete’ than CoB.

• Technature
    Technature Member Posts: 619
    Options

The game is currently stuck in a rut where both sides build their area into a place where if the other side enters it for too long, they lose.

Killer perks that were nerfed can all be traced back to the question "Does this help me hold a 3 gen?".

It's also why CoH got it's quite frankly much needed nerf.

Blame the people that abused CoH to death and the people that play Knight and Skull Merchant in the least fun way possible.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

That doesn't really explain the nerfs for lot of "healthy" regression perks we had though, somehow all of them have been killed too.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,200
    Options

Ruin and Pop were changed in 6.1.0, so that intent is pretty clear- people were complaining about a stale meta and asking for a meta shift, apparently a bunch of them just didn't know what that entails.

Thanataphobia I think shouldn't be on these lists, because it's not as though that perk was good before it got nerfed. It was absurdly obnoxious + in need of a change on Legion and Plague, and useless on everyone else. Much like another perk you listed, it's kind of just badly designed and needed a quick change to curb a problem. Both Thana and the other perk, Overcharge, really should be reworked at some point, but I empathise with wanting to get the problem out of the way first and then dealing with that later when they have time.

Call of Brine and Overcharge were both nerfed for the same reason: 3-gens. Nobody really likes 3-gens, they're not even that fun to obsessively defend from the killer perspective, so this is a no-brainer. Overcharge I've already covered, but Call of Brine isn't nerfed into irrelevancy, it's just not a regression perk anymore. It'll still be a perfectly serviceable generator information perk.

Pain Resonance is the only one where there's really a leg to stand on regarding it being nerfed as a bad thing, because I personally think it shouldn't be nerfed if they're not going through with the healing slowdown from the PTB. That being said, old Pop four times per match on a hook action is perfectly usable, it's not exactly going to be worthless once this patch hits live.

What I'm trying to demonstrate here is that it's easy to act as though the developers have it out for generator regression specifically if you just list all the nerfs that have happened over the past however long, but the fact is that live balance games are going to be changing things, and considering how high-profile regression perks tend to be, they're going to get changed more frequently. That's just how balancing works, it's a push and pull- plenty of killer stuff gets buffed too, and plenty of survivor stuff gets nerfed.

Lastly, generator regression doesn't need to be strong for the game's health, there just needs to be some kind of slowdown available on the killer side. Right now, after all these nerfs, there's plenty- enough that you definitely don't have to tunnel someone out, that's just easier than playing properly.

• Technature
    Technature Member Posts: 619
    Options

Which one of the perks that were nerfed in the last patch would you call "healthy"? Call of Brine and Overcharge were both activated with a quick gen kick, a hefty requirement unless you know you have the time to do it. AKA, 3 gen defending. And if you downed someone and RNG didn't hate you today, Pain resonance made it even easier to not have to commit to chases not in your favor.