The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Giving up at a higher rate?

Lately survivors have been just giving up at a much higher rate lately. Anybody else experiencing this?

I’d say 65ish percent of the time, the first person I hook just drops themselves, causing a domino effect of quitters.

I even changed killers from blight to see if that was the issue; and nope, survivors still giving up and quitting. I’ve started slugging anybody who tries to give up early on as a way to discourage it. Why even Que up if you’re just going to quit on your team?

Props to the survivors that put up a fight regardless of the situation.

Comments

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

It probably won’t work, but it’s what I can control. I just go chase the other survivors while they sit on the ground.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

I have not seen any increase, except that people still give up against Skull Merchant pretty early. (Which I cannot blame them, she is still way too good at 3-genning. Maybe with the upcoming Patch it can become better)

But against other Killer, I have not seen a change.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,883

There's too much of it, there always is. I'm an established proponent of ramping up penalties for chronic disconnectors. Some people just can't bring themselves to consider the other 4 players in the match if doing so inconveniences them in the slightest.

But now it's nearly not as bad is it was immediately post 6.1.0, which was the worst period for survs giving up I've ever seen.

It was absolutely out of control for a couple months there, but it passed. Things will change, people will have a hissy fit and quit (or talk loudly about quitting but not follow through), DC en masse for a while, and then they'll get over it or be replaced by new players.

It's the circle of life.

As a killer, I don't do anything. I will often avoid killing them if they obviously want out, but no slugging or anything. That's pointless. If I ignore them, many times they'll start actually playing, or they'll DC. If it's the latter, it's not something I have control over anyway.

It bothers me much, much more as a surv. I will go out of my way to unhook someone trying to kill themselves, and usually drop some bags for good measure.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

I'm thinking there shouldn't be a free leave button in a game like this when I see someone start giving up. Half the time the other survivors clearly agree with me.

• HugTechLover

No, I’m just a sweaty, good blight and survivors don’t like that. Lol

• LuthirFontaine
    LuthirFontaine Member Posts: 375

I don't condone it but God do I understand, nothing fun about playing a pinhead for example who knows all box locations. Or playing a bubba who just camps.

• MrPsych
    MrPsych Member Posts: 265

I've seen people quit before they'd even get hooked. And that was by playing with huntress of all killers.

On the plus side, the last time I streamed the game this week, which was all killer gameplay, not a single survivor quit prematurely or suicided on hook. I never felt more proud.

• HugTechLover

It’s not fair because people don’t want to learn to counter blight? Considering I’ve got 1,xxx alch rings; I could run one every game comfortably if I wanted to. But I don’t, I run meme builds or perkless / addonless, and they still give up nonetheless.

• HugTechLover

Maybe they do tab out, but atleast I’m keeping them from giving up in the next match for a couple more minutes. That’s enough for me! Lol

• IWasLrft2Die
    IWasLrft2Die Member Posts: 389

I do feel like quitting has gotten much more lately. I feel like just about every game has a player DC or intentionally die on hook right away regardless of which side I play on.

I had a game yesterday where 3 players DCed after one was about to get a second hook.

Please punish DCing more

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,308

At least for me it doesn't feel that way, honestly feels like it has gone down a little bit over the last few weeks which is a welcome change. Anecdotal of course!

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,468

Yes, same, and then they come to forum with a serious face and write "HAVE YOU SEEN KILLERS WIN RATE?!!!1!!!1!" Yes, of course, it will be like this if in every second match some players give up in an early game.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699

When did BHVR lessen the d/c penalty?

During all the errors yesterday, I was kicked from a game and had a 45s matchmaking cooldown. I don't remember it ever being that low. Depending on the escalation process, that's an easy 2-3 d/c's a day for one survivor.

I'd expect that would contribute quite a lot to the problem.

• VirtuaTyKing
    VirtuaTyKing Member Posts: 465
    edited April 2023

Dude people DC just because they got downed.

Anyway if you condone DC for other reasons then by rights a killer should DC when getting gen rushed!

When I play soloq and someone DC it makes me more angry than any killer could ever make me.

• VirtuaTyKing
    VirtuaTyKing Member Posts: 465
    edited April 2023

Survivors DC more in my experience. They are entitled little babies the ones that do and they spoil the game for other survivors.

What killers have to deal with is often rage inducing if you let it so it's somewhat understandable sometimes.

It's not like boo hoo I don't like this killer so I DC.

I have seen plenty DC just because they were downed. It's a fairly recent thing for me that I think SM brought about. I have never even used them yet. I don't remember it happening much a year ago for example.

i dunno I play for the team as survivor and if the killer wants to waste time camping me etc.. that's fine by me. If I DC then that time is wasted altogether.

• HugTechLover

But that’s why I’m referring to. I’ve had a solid increase in survivors killing themselves first hook for going down first, or too fast.

• smartemarte
    smartemarte Member Posts: 254

exactly this, but this guy isn't getting the point... it's pretty much "i've spent thousands of hours playing Blight so regardless if his tool box is too strong I should still win most of my games"

• HugTechLover

Where have I said that? Now you’re simply putting words in my mouth. Don’t do that.

Results were identical with other killers.

• HugTechLover

So you’re saying to nerf killers based on the performance of the top individuals playing that killer? What sense does that make? Where is the logic in that? You literally just said that people lose with him all the time. The stats show. Should we nerf onryo because she has a higher kill rate than blight?

Come on dude, make it make sense. You’re heavily contradicting yourself right now.

• HugTechLover

I strongly disagree. Their skill ceiling should be nowhere near the killers, because the killer is SUPPOSED to dominate in chase. If the survivors could match the skill ceiling of, say blight, survivors would have ZERO challenge.

• HugTechLover

where has solo q received nerfs because of SWF? They have received buffs lately.

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763

I always want someone who says something ignorant like slugging as a way to discourage it to give a logic decision chart on how they came to the conclusion that that's going to have any positive effect whatsoever. If the person gave up, they're done. Doesn't matter what state they're in in-game. They're not going to do anything but try to get out of the trial asap. If that's not a option, they'll load up their preferred streaming service and watch something enjoyable, or read through some websites. They're not there anymore to suffer, or whatever it is you think you're accomplishing.

Typically, slugging just means you're looking for them to DC right away instead of suicide out, giving you even less points.

• HugTechLover

That’s fair enough. I apologize for misreading. I would agree they should be able to, and they absolutely can. We’ve all faced / played with that team that just rock it. I’ve gotten rockstar solo q teammates and it ended up being a tremendously easy 4 man out. I’ve played against solo teams who absolutely killed it and gave me a really good game, even with blight.

• HugTechLover

I can keep them out of screwing over their next team for a couple more minutes. :)

I HOPE they DC. Maybe they do it a lot and get a 24 hour + ban. I’m at a point in the game where I could care less for points lol.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,659

It's been worse more recently, and I'm not sure why. Some days are better than others, and I've had a couple days where I just log out after two or three non-games in a row.

I'm sure it's a different excuse every time, but if I see someone giving up on hook as survivor I'll go unhook them. They might throw pallets in a tantrum, but a lot of people just stand there and wait to be rehooked for whatever reason.

A warm body is worth more to me than a broken hook, and I'll take anything I can get for what's likely a losing game at that point.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

It's the go to tactic for salty players and has been proven to sway the devs for changes.

• HugTechLover

Yea, it’s strange. I haven’t been playing as much because of it. It’s almost every single game a survivor gives up really early on. I tried some survivor, same thing. Somebody insta dc’s or drops themselves on hook.

• bunnyfengenthusiast
    bunnyfengenthusiast Member Posts: 471

Gotta play during swf hours.

Actually, not even that. I had a 4 man bring Garden offering, and 4 BNP commodius. They dc'd one by one as I hooked them before they died.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. DCing needs to escalate to a perm ban if done too frequently. A DC ruins the game for both the killer and survs.