Rework survivor objectives

Options

It has been 7 years and it’s just been gens and gates and escapes (with the exception of that one event with the pustules or whatever). With the recent nerfs of gen regression perks (which lowkey I’m fine with because it’s boring to do and play against) give the survivors multiple mandatory objectives. Then gen regression doesn’t take over the meta because even if the gens are completed in 5 minutes, they still have other things to complete prior to powering the exit gates and escaping. It will also give killers other things to patrol and compensate for some of the maps that are still abysmal to play on.

Comments

• Ithiria
    Ithiria Member Posts: 236
    Options

Like what?

• xPrinceHarlequinx
    xPrinceHarlequinx Member Posts: 180
    Options

I mean honestly, I really enjoyed the F13 format of having to go find things to complete the different methods of escape but I know that BHVR didn't want to do something like that because obviously that would kind of be copying. However, it could be a best of both worlds thing where you have to complete the gens, then maybe the gens power 4-5 additional "power sources" of some sort, which in order to activate you have to retrieve special keys from special chests around the maps, once you have them when you get to the "power source" you have a hack the drone kind of mini game to power them (the arrows game not a brand new mechanic), then the exit gates are powered, but instead of having to open the doors it starts a timer of 30 seconds. At the end of the 30 seconds the gates open and the EGC starts.

Something like that.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,244
    Options

So the gens will go to 50s then to balance this out? Just a reminder - kill rate is already 60+%

• xPrinceHarlequinx
    Options

I'm sure there would definitely need to be tweaks to the numbers and I'm not against it. I was asked to give ideas as to what to do additionally and that's what I did. As far as kill rate, I believe that also includes new players (where the kill rate is going to be naturally inflated because that is where killers are especially strong) and people who kill themselves on hook, give up, etc. as there isn't a way to discern between that.

On a non-balance note, it would also refresh the game a little bit and stop it from being an m1 simulator.

• Gandor
    Options

Last stats said - average across all MMR 59% kill rate. High MMR (to clarify - 5% of best players on that killer - so this technically does not automatically mean top mmr if said killer is weak overall) it's actually 61%. So the opposite is true apparently.

• xPrinceHarlequinx
    Options

That data data also had nurse, spirit, and blight with the same kill rate as The Onryo so like.......... anyways I feel like we are getting off topic, my suggestion had to do with objective speed not kill rate as well as a refresh of the game. Do you honestly want to just hold m1 and hit space a few times and leave for the rest of this games life? What are some suggestions you might have for additional objectives, on either side?

• Gandor
    Options

I don't care about that change. I do care about balance. If OP stated we want to change what is being done with the game so add this and adjust rest, then I would probably not even comment...

• xPrinceHarlequinx
    Options

I am the OP lol and as stated in my first reply to you, I'm fine with the tweaks lol. I thought that was common sense that there would be a period where number tweaks would have to happen for balance purposes. Being that this would be a lot to code, its literally probably never going to happen. It's a fun "what if" post. Thats all. Nothing more, nothing less lol. I hope you have a blessed day.