Skull Merchant's addon "Shotgun speakers" is broken / OP

Options

In my opinion the addon "Shotgun speakers" is broken / overpowered:

"Survivors in a Drone's Active Zone have no skill check warning. This effect lingers for 15 seconds after leaving the area."

It's like trying to hit an overcharge + madness (Doctor) skill check with no skill check warning (5 stacks of Hex: Huntress Lullaby). Even experienced players like myself (6k hours, playing since 2016) have huge problems to hit these skill checks.

It gets even worse when the Skull Merchant plays a 3 gen kombo with perks like Call of Brine, Overcharge, Eruption, Oppression, Jolt etc. plus having Undetectable status effect while entering a Drone's Active Zone.

Comments

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,624
    Options

It's not that bad. It actually warns you ahead of time with a little red icon in the bottom right when it's active so you know when you need to be looking out for silent skill checks.

• Leidenschaft90
    Leidenschaft90 Member Posts: 67
    Options

I know that there is a red debuff icon. But how does that change anything I said? Have you played against that addon before and on a map like The Game where Skull Merchant is able to set Drones that cover two floors? Even with a good 4 men swf and with nerfed Call of Brine, Overcharge and Eruption it's hardly possible to win.

• sizzlingmario4
    Options

The problem there isn't the addon, it's that drones can go through multiple floors in the first place which is dumb.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,323
    Options

Just don't go in the orange circle.

• FootMan2893
    FootMan2893 Member Posts: 333
    Options

Get better at paying attention and hitting the skill checks. If experienced survivors can power through a skill check build on doc or several years of OG ruin then you can survive an uncommon build on skull merchant. It's a killer power, you're SUPPOSED to feel pressured or at a disadvantage. Plus unlike aforementioned examples you can easily deactivate the drone and go about your day as normal.

But considering the level of entitlement from the post I'd assume that won't fly. For you it's unfair that you have to sacrifice something to deactivate the killers power.

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205
    Options

Like every radius mechanic in DBD.

That's code issue, not killer.

There were complaints on boons working exactly same way, but they still work like that.

• sizzlingmario4
    Options

Yeah. Either way, it doesn’t feel fair for boons or for drones imo

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205
    edited May 2023
    Options

Sure, but it seems like their current code doesn't allow this.

Spaghetti code power

But it's true this is not an easy feature. It's kinda difficult to define how it works on stairs etc.

It's simply way easier to define radius and make it work on all levels.

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,979
    Options

Why didn't I think of that? OP definitely just suffering from a skill issue here

• Leidenschaft90
    Leidenschaft90 Member Posts: 67
    Options

You can't compare the "Shotgun speakers" skill checks with Doctor's madness skill checks or the old Hex: Ruin because they're totally silent (no skill check warning, like 5 stacks of Hex: Huntress Lullaby permanently) and you get them unlimited while reparing a generator in a Drone's Active Zone. And with the Skull Merchant having Overcharge and playing her "kick and go" 3 gen kombo gameplay it's so much harder. You disarm a drone and Skully can instantly reset it. Then you have to wait until your Claw Trap goes off to disarm the next drone. While that the gen is regressing and when you don't hit the "Shotgun speakers" Overcharge skill check after that you lose more and more progress. And you call that "easy to counter"?

They "buffed" Skull Merchant's chasing ability and nerfed perks like Call of Brine, Overcharge and Eruption but in the end it didn't change anything. The 3 gen kombo is still absolut meta on Skull Merchant. And when you play SoloQ and Skully takes a 3 gen kombo from the start of the game, you have no chance to finish 5 gens.

I play survivor 70 % of the time and killer 30 % of the time and I tried Skully's 3 gen kombo gameplay with and without "Shotgun speakers" and in my eyes that addon in that type of gameplay is just OP.