The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Boon Indicator

End_of_Slayer
End_of_Slayer Member Posts: 146
edited May 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

So, over my fair share of playing the game, I’ve seen my fair share of issues. One of the more prominent issues as of late on the killer side is the fact that you just cannot hear boons getting placed.

Now, I’m not certain if this is intentional or not, if you’re only supposed to hear the notification within a specific range and not be map wide. Yet I haven’t read that in the patch notes. My suggestion is an easy fix, add an indicator on the side of the screen like survivors have for hexes.

The sound effect issue needs to be fixed in its entirety, but this way for people that may be hard of hearing they will get an indicator saying; “The survivor’s put something down that is a detriment to you, you can either find it or leave it up.”

I don’t see this bringing up any major issues and will only benefit the game in the long run and I’m surprised it hasn’t been done yet especially recently with just not being able to hear the boom get put down until you walk around the map and just by chance hear it at some point.

Post edited by End_of_Slayer on

Comments

• shofarian_starfall
    shofarian_starfall Member Posts: 15

I have, from what I can tell, heard a very loud notifying sound upon the placement of a Boon Totem every game without fail.

• End_of_Slayer

I’ve had more games than I can count on my hands and feet where I never heard the boom effect go off.

It just really sucks to cause you’re minding your own business with the match, then you reach a part of the map you didn’t go to yet and oh! A boon’s there! But you never even heard it get put down. The maps I’ve recognized this the most on was RCPD. But it’s happened on plenty others too.

Plus, it’s just an overall benefit that doesn’t add any real harm by adding it. Just put a little indicator like survivors have to just tell the killer there’s a boon in play. Then they have the option of searching for it or leaving it up. It also helps out hard of hearing players who may not be able to know a boon even gets put down in the first place

• Kirarozu
    Kirarozu Member Posts: 240

yes... please add this so killers waste time searching for a boon lmao. You're better off just chasing survivors and hoping you come across it.

• End_of_Slayer

They don’t have to waste time searching for a boon, it’s just an indicator to tell the killer it’s in the trial so they should be conscious about it. It’s the same as having the hex indicator for survivor, they don’t need to search for the hex depending on what it is. It’s just a little nod to say “hey, this is here.”

And like I said, most times I find a boon, I do not hear it get put up because the noise indicator just doesn’t play for some reason. Hoping to come across something I should know is one thing, coming across it and not being told it was put up is another thing entirely.

Usually when I find a boon, I’m like “oh hey!” But whenever I hear a boon and I don’t remember hearing the loud notification I get a bit pissed cause that’s valuable information I should know cause it reveals 4 potential perks and is one of the 16 perks I have to keep track of in a match

• Kirarozu
    Kirarozu Member Posts: 240

I just always assume there is one somewhere. Just assume its there. If its not nbd.