Issue loading into dbd past main loading screen

Options
sydTHAkid521
sydTHAkid521 Member Posts: 8

It keeps telling me the game “has initialized incorrectly and may not save your game properly. Restarting your game may resolve the problem.” And that i need to update, however there is no update for the game and i have tried reloading several times in the past 30 minutes and it has not worked.

8 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• DiXieViLLan
    DiXieViLLan Member Posts: 4
    Options

Same issue on xbox series X

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,505
    Options

What platforms are you on please?

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,096
    Options
  • SkylarPup
    SkylarPup Member Posts: 106
    edited May 2023
    Options

I had that issue on steam. I turned off the game and reopened it fine.

Post edited by SkylarPup on
  • FeryGEN
    FeryGEN Member Posts: 627
    edited May 2023
    Options

Same problem

PC - Steam

The game does not let the initialization error, after skipping the error, the error "Your version of the game is outdated" occurs and the game closes

upd:

Yesterday there was some kind of update in the dbd for 5 mb, and after it I had a problem.

• FeryGEN
    FeryGEN Member Posts: 627
    Options

I don't know if it can help someone:

I went to the steam folder, found userdata and there were suspicious folders in it, one of them is the folder with my profile, it stores screenshots from the game and the entire cache of my profile, in the other 10 folders that were created today at 4 am (Moscow time ) were just one file each with a bunch of numbers. I deleted those strange folders leaving only my profile folder. After that the problem was resolved.

As I wrote in the message above, yesterday there was an update, and today some strange folders appeared that I had not seen before, could this be somehow connected. I hope the moderators will check this version.

• Turretcube
    Turretcube Member Posts: 438
    Options

Had this just happen, running a file verification fixed it, if you havn't done one i'd suggest running one just to make sure.

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 521
    Options

Oh yes, I thought it was strange that Steam had indicated to update DBD, but there was no dev announcement about a bugfix patch or any other update. What was that about?

• Turretcube
    Turretcube Member Posts: 438
    Options
  • Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    Options

the problem occurs sporadically. This morning I already had the error once and had Steam validate the files several times until it worked. after that i could play.

After a break I wanted to start the game again and got the same error again. After restarting the game three times it suddenly works. I have not validated this time.