If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Visualization of the the “anti-face camping mechanic.”

Options

Credit to GoofestGoober on reddit. This goes way beyond “face camping.” Killers will be punished by simply playing. Very concerning how little the devs understand their own game.

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,040
    Options

...Again, whether or not it does provide a new method of unhooking is going to depend on how fast the meter fills up, among other things. That's literally my point.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

I have - lots of times. I know it sucks. I also know that there is a huge difference between the killer being within range to grab someone and being 16 meters away from the hook looking for survivors that they know are coming for the rescue. I play killer enough to know that there are often legitimate and necessary reasons to stay close to the hook and it’s not to facecamp just to be a d###. But you and others who are making these types of dismissive comments seem to think that there is never a legitimate reason for a killer to be near the hook and it’s always because the killer just wants to ruin someone’s game.

I’m totally fine seeing how this plays out but I’m also not going to be dismissive about legitimate concerns from killer players.

• Sometimes_Sage
    Sometimes_Sage Member Posts: 143
    Options

The method exists because of the 16m range and because the bar still fills when another Survivor is nearby. How fast the bar fills only decides how effective the method is. The possiblity, no matter how small, of a bar-assisted self-unhook against a not-face camping Killer, doesn't need to and shouldn't exist, but with this system it does.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,063
    Options

They tried something like this a while ago and didn't implement it because survivors abused it. I'm sure that's why they're taking it into consideration this time around.

It's just all these posts popping up acting like killers are going to get perma-banned if they ever step within 16 meters of a hooked survivor again.

The only legitimate concern is this mechanic not affecting the king of face-camping if he can chew through endurance and put you right back on the hook, regardless of who is unhooking.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,011
    Options

We do though, they literally told us:

at 5 meters it fills up really fast

at 5-10 it fills up a bit slower

at 10-16 it fills up slow

at 16+ it doesn't fill up at all.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,645
    Options

it has to be pretty fast because hook timer are 60 seconds. You need to kobe from a hook before 60 seconds otherwise mechanic is failure because if the killer is still getting 2nd stages by sitting on hook then the system ultimately is ineffective at being anti-camping. If I had to take a guess, It would likely be 15 seconds. 15 second is plenty to get away from the hook. If you haven't went away from hook by 15 second then you probably are just face-camping which system is trying discourage.

• Sometimes_Sage
    Sometimes_Sage Member Posts: 143
    Options

Getting away from the hook isn't enough, with the 16m range you also need to stay away from the hook.

• Devil_hit11
    Options

16 meters is not that big in normal maps. my major concern with system is that it might work on double floors. for example you could be playing elementary school or gideon meat packing plant and the game might class you as facecamping despite fact that you are on different floor. So I assume they thought of this and hopefully it only works on same floor where the survivor has direct line of sight, similar to Rebbeca Reassurance perk.

• Devil_hit11
    edited May 2023
    Options

depends killer. facecamping is normally classed for when you are able to interrupt the unhook with an attack. for most m1 killers, this is around 6 meters but the system needs to accommodate all others killers which of course is ranged killers. If radius was 6 meters, you could still throw a hatchet and facecamp. the extra 10 meters is for ranged killer like corrupt puke plague, pyramid head and trickster camping.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,040
    Options

Yes, how fast the bar fills decides whether it's ineffective - IE, not a new method - or effective, which is why we can't comment too harshly on the range until we've tested it and know how fast the bar fills. It's entirely possible that 16m is too far, but we can't know that until we have the other half of the system to compare it to.

As someone else pointed out, I meant how fast the bar fills up. That half of the system isn't immaterial, it is vitally important for understanding exactly how the whole thing works.

• 1ettuce
    1ettuce Member Posts: 1,141
    Options

If the mechanic isn't for camping, and 10-16m isn't facecamping, then why does the range go out that far? Let's see, there's two options. Either bhvr is out of their minds and thinks 10-16m is facecamping, or, maybe, JUST MAYBE, the system is for """"camping"""" instead of """"""""""facecamping."""""""""" Read the roadmap buddy, tell me what it says

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,231
    Options

The whole point of the idea is to give hooked survivors a way to escape a situation that puts them in a greater disadvantage than they should be in. There is no reason to be this close to a hooked survivor without some form of intent of camping. I really do feel like the killer players who keep trying to find some huge issue with this probably rely on camping way too much to secure an elimination. Survivors are starved in utility access for many situations in this game. This change will address one of those areas.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,858
    Options

While 16m is long, remember that 10-16m is suppose to charge up slowly. Without the numbers to judge how fast the bar charges up at each range and the effect of each survivor in range, I don't see a reason to get up in arms over the feature yet.

• 1ettuce
    1ettuce Member Posts: 1,141
    Options

So again I ask you, if the system is only meant for facecamping then why does it extend to 16m? And why does the roadmap only say camping?

• PowZapBamWoofMeow
    PowZapBamWoofMeow Member Posts: 195
    Options

“It’s the end of face camping as we know it, and I feel fine.” - R.E.M. probably

As a 50/50 surv/killer I don’t face camp as a tactic and hate being face camped / tunneled so however this gets properly implemented will be a welcome change!

Commence with the whining…

• hatchetChugger
    hatchetChugger Member Posts: 425
    Options

Go patrol gens, leave hook, you go to gens that have no progress, they get unhook, reset, leave, and now you have no pressure. Great idea!

• JudithMorel
    JudithMorel Member Posts: 562
    Options

this wont fix proxy camping though lol.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,373
    Options

it seems lackluster rn, it will definitely harm non-camping killers on multi floor maps and it definitely can be abused by the killer and the survivors. as killer you can just stand barely out of the range and play the grab mini game once survivors come for the rescue. and survivors can just loop around the hooks. we will see, ptb will drop and the system should get improved after, surely?

• Trollinmon
    Trollinmon Member Posts: 690
    Options

I wouldn't be surprised if they did 16m so soloq players know the killer is near hook. Bet money that this system is to deal with face camping and give soloq survivors the info they need to deal with camping in general. There should be a bar in the HUD that will fill showing the killer is somewhat near and then the survivors can kobe off hook if the killer stays very close otherwise it does nothing.

• buffcoyote
    buffcoyote Member Posts: 120
    Options

I have been saying this for years, and it is like a fever dream now that BHVR is actually implementing some kind of solution to camping. It is NOT a strategy. It is trolling. It might as well be considered an exploit, like infinite looping was. You are FORCING the match to grant you a high chance of an inorganic 3-4K victory, meaning you wouldn’t have obtained said victory if it was not for your refusal to patrol Gens and chase. It’s boring and it’s high time they took measures to stop this toxic behavior once and for all.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,252
    Options

This is literally a killer buff but killers rather take any and all opportunity to complain than to see that. Facecamping will just result in you being able to tunnel them extremely quickly now that the survivor can self unhook instead of waiting 2 minutes for them to die on hook.