The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

When do killers get basekit anti-gen rush?

Comments

• ays12151
    ays12151 Member Posts: 678

I'm kinda experienced Killer Main (almost 5000 hours) (Bubba Main).

What I would love to see? Base kit OLD - Corrupt Intervention - but 60 seconds or 80 seconds - something like that. It would be great.

Also, BNP needs a nerf.

• lifeisstrange
    lifeisstrange Member Posts: 300

this, i can have 1 or 2 friend with 1 or 2 random and they just already cause a win to a lose. Me and my friend as duo yesterday had a billy and i had to run him as my friend did 3 gens alone. What happen to the 2 randoms? Ace was down but had no common sense to walk away as claudia went to try get him when billy had use discord to try force the 3 of us off main gen on ormond when ace was down. They both get place in basement and kill themselve on hook lol.

But no matter the 10mil topics killer mains will always cry about swf but its no issue to bully solo que and feel good having ez games hypocrisy is a bliss. Ill say this over and over dbd is the only game I see people can qq on people rather playing with family or friends, no we are to play with a rage quitting potatoes who dcs after a 10 second down.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,430

That's my point, this game is balanced around that old idea of what the game was, effectively a game of hide and seek that turned into a short game of tag. But people realized that the hide and seek aspect wasn't nearly as effective as the "tag" aspect, and the game morphed. But the balance of the game is still such that the game isn't balanced properly at a high level, because low level low skill survivors are playing by these "old" "rules" because it is naturally what you want to do.

And at a low level, this game also has its problems, but mostly around experience for the survivors. Low skill survivors don't know how to deal with tunneling and camping which is so prevalent in lower levels, mostly because it is so effective. And the devs are already addressing the camping aspect, and the tunneling aspect is already solvable through many perks and to an extend the basekit BT.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

The only way you could present a basekit fix to gen-rushing is if you define gen-rushing to be something that can be done with the survivor basekit, and I really don't think that's a fair way to look at the topic. Survivors that don't have perks or items to speed up their objectives aren't doing anything wrong by sticking on generators- they don't have anything else to do unless you, the killer, make them do something else. Whether that's something to do with your power (RBTs, Lament Configuration, Vaccines/First Aid Sprays, etc), something to do with your perks (Hexes, mostly) or just good old fashioned chase, injure, down, hook, all of which require action from the survivors. Assuming nothing adjusting generator speed on the survivor side, your actions disrupt this version of gen-rushing.

Rather, I'd suggest that we should look at "gen-rushing" as the term for when survivors bring in tools that allow them to repair generators in the upper tiers of how fast the game physically allows it to happen, which obviously doesn't warrant a basekit fix. It warrants nerfing the tools that are used- and when I say tools, I really just mean toolboxes, that's the main issue. I've been playing more survivor recently to do some tome challenges, and it's genuinely disgusting how much value I get out of a Commodious with charge/speed addons, let alone when I've branched out into improving that item with things like Built To Last and Streetwise. That much gen progression speed is unholy, in my opinion, it really shouldn't be in the game.

Nuke toolboxes, adjust Hyperfocus slightly, and 90% of gen-rush disappears immediately. The remaining 10%, I would argue, is mostly due to survivors spawning all spread out on different generators, which could also be addressed in a way that might be more basekit-oriented; it's just not the main focus, or at least shouldn't be.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited May 2023

Basekit anti-genrush?

Gen-rushing is the equivalent of the killer tunneling, and the new mechanic coming for survivors is anti-camp, not anti-tunnel.

Killers already have anti-gen-camping (not basekit though): Nowhere to Hide

Post edited by Nos37 on
  • ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Why are you trying to start an argument with me as if I've been in disagreement about the added features when I am not.

You're being exceptionally weird and completely disregarding anything I've said to have an US vs THEM argument when I HAVE LITERALLY BEEN IN FAVOR OF THE CHANGES FOR BASE KIT SURVIVOR! Go reply to someone else and learn to process the things you read or learn to just dang read at all.

Wow, it's rare I actually get mad on the forums these days, but I absolutely can't stand people just making up weird narratives about my position on things when I go through the trouble to ensure I'm being very clear about what I say. People like you make this community actively worse because even when someone is on the same ideological side as you in relation to things in the game you want to freaking fight people and try to get a petty dunk in to the point of basically making no sense. I wasn't even talking to you begin. Please go touch grass.

• Reinami

How about we fix all of these broken things so the game is better for everyone?

• Shodan79
    Shodan79 Member Posts: 11

Or a trade, no bloodlust and theres a negativie debuff in play until first or second gen pops.

• miniwengsel
    miniwengsel Member Posts: 385

You dont need to buff killers you just need to nerf survivors.

Seems like these three dont care about Exhaustion Perks so rework or nerf them very very hard

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,832

How often, realistically, does one get matched with these SWF kill squads? Unless you're high MMR, you're about as likely to get that kind of match as killer as survivors are to get matched against a 4,000 hour Nurse/Blight main who can 4k within a couple minutes of the match starting.

It happens, sure, but not nearly as often as people like to pretend. The problem with the genrush discussion is that no-one wants to admit that simply playing the game normally and doing your objective as a survivor is not genrushing.

Genrushing would be dedicating a build to completing gens as fast as possible, in order to maximise efficiency. That means perks like Hyperfocus w/Stake Out, Prove Thyself, Overzealous, etc. That means Commodius Toolbox with BNP.

• roundpitt
    roundpitt Member Posts: 578
    edited May 2023

The more you buff survivor, the more necessary tunnelling becomes. If you want killers to stop tunneling, buff killers so they don't have to tunnel.

Take away tunneling without anything in return and people will drop like flies. But hey, Nicolas Cage!

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

Ok how about this? I have 2 ideas to try to make the killer not tunnel and camp. How about for each unique hook you get a 1.25% haste. So at 4 unique hooks you move 5% faster until 1 survivor dies.

If that’s to strong how about each unique hook increases the Gen kick regression by 2.5% so at 4 hooks a Gen kick will take away 12.5% TOTAL progress, this bonus stays until 1 survivor dies.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

When youre so good at Killer people think youre a Survivor main.

• lifeisstrange

Doing totems if they dull is more points and there are still bad killers who use crutch ed, who wanna try body block on end game collaspe to instant down and camped by crutch ed. Also there is inner healing cause am sick of nurses, clown anti heal perk and sloppy. Doing bones is no waste of time.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,573

I would rather nerf the things that enable genrush strategies instead of buff killers to compensate for genrush strategies.

• Reinami
    edited May 2023

It happens to me probably one out of every 2-3 or so games. They aren't all "hens' death squad" teams. But it is clearly matching me against duo and trio SWF who are calling out to each other on discord every couple games which gives them around 50+ perks for free just by having discord. Generally, i'll stomp a team, then have 1 good match, then i'll get one of these death teams that beat me, then the cycle repeats, when in reality matchmaking should be giving me the ones that are good matches.

• Reinami

I think you just tipped your hand a bit and showed us your MMR. Sure, those are valid reasons to do it, but i'm talking about in the general sense. Watch a pro tournament game and tell me how many survivors are running inner healing.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,832

A duo using callouts over Discord just gives them access to information they'd otherwise lack, not that it matters much anymore with the HUD which tells you what each survivor is doing. A duo swf on comms stomping you would accomplish the same result without comms.

They aren't getting access to 50+ perks for free. What characterises a death squad is how well they know each map, how well they run each tile, what perks they brought, what items they brought, how well they're relaying information to each other, how well they're coordinating their plays.

There's a lot that goes into the characteristics of a death squad; and while all death squads are swf, not all swf are death squads.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 550

I raised your hourly wage by 10 cents and changed your locker to a 3 cm taller one. Still cheap and not enough storage? That's your problem, not the workplace's problem.

• MrSlayer
    MrSlayer Member Posts: 189

Either you're trolling or never played a killer. Good luck wasting time to kick gens for that awesome 2.5%.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

Survivors explicitely do want killer to change target before theyre dead. They also want to explicitely have 2 hooks each before the killer goes for their first kill.

I think you misunderstood me, or i didnt say it. I dont care if survivors get a anti-genrush mechanic nor am i expecting them to. I think theyre hypocrites for trying to enforce rules on killers they'd call ridiculous if someone proposed zhem for survivors.

Just start treating both roles equally.

• lifeisstrange

As usual a pointless reply. Maybe you like staying injured or not having potatoes not heal you but am going to do my bones to risk not having noed hit me if I had to body block for someone and love to heal off annoying sloppy or nurses and get back to my gen asap. MMR has nothing to do with it i been iri 1 many times and platinum this game so please try again. Whos cares about tournamnents? I play the game for casuality not for sweating lmao.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219
    edited May 2023

The thing is, there are not 2 roles to tread equally, there are 3 roles, and you cant.

I really dont think you can balance around killer, solo survivor and swf in one and the same system.

I think swf and solo should be seperated and each balanced differently, so both sides get a fair shot in each match.

At the moment, killers have a hard time against 3+swf but easy matches against solos and 2swf. So changing the killer balance to one side (either with killer buffs or survivor nerfs) increases the gap to the other side.

And i think thats why a lot of those discussions are around, because killer seem to argue about swf all the time, while the one arguing about killers are mostly solos.

Also, yes, survivors dont want to be tunneled, but you are the one that compared gens to hooks.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Not every team is a hit squad, most swf are still bad at the game and just because bad killers dodge lobbies doesn't mean swf is a problem, these are the same killers that dodge items and outfits it's absolutely ridiculous people are this upset that face camping is getting nerfed when everyone knows it's a cheap strat that unskilled players use and now they won't be able to just sit there like a sleezeball and ruin the game , the forum is in tears because now you actually have to go pressure the gens you're complaining are being rushed it's classic after people have been making gen stall perk builds and face camping for months now.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437

-"How often, realistically, does one get matched with these SWF kill squads? Unless you're high MMR..."

Once is enough to make many people turn off the game instantly for the rest of the night.

-"the forum is in tears because now you actually have to go pressure the gens you're complaining are being rushed"

The problem is when you see players with 7000-10000 hours who get absolutely rushed when they go from chase to chase to chase playing very efficiently.

If the professional players have problems then how is average joe noob killer going to fare? There's a reason nobody wants to play killer : the game is less fun than it used to be for the role.

-"Not every team is a hit squad"

You're right and you're wrong. Most people who are playing DBD in a SWF who have thousands of hours play massively better in SWF. What does playing in a SWF "cost"; in other words what do you "lose?" You lose nothing. What does the killer gain? The survivors play better with voice coms, have more coordination and the killer gets a more frustrating game where they are likely to get fewer points.

Why doesn't the killer get +2 perks when they play against SWF? When I talk in a SWF I'm getting the value of at least 12 info perks. That's on the level of cheating. So then why doesnt the killer get +4 perks?

I would never dodge a SWF if I got 4 bonus perks of my choice that only activate in case of SWF. You could do the same for solo survivors but only give them info perks ( rookie spirit, bond, kindred, alert, etc).

• Reinami

One that can go either way, where the game typically gets to the last generator being done, and i have 7-8 hooks, and it all comes down to how well i can defend the gates and 2-3 of them typically escape, or they make a misplay at the end, get a little too overly altruistic and i 4k because they don't expect the bloodwarden, or i make a sick play like a sick billy curve, or some other reason.

• Reinami

I define these types of players that use clock callouts as what i'm talking about. And yeah, you do get around 50 perks for free using discord. Take a look at the survivor perks again, and which ones just give you information or communicate information to your teammates. And discord gives you that perk for free. Its hard to quantify to be honest because discord actually gives you MORE than any perk could do. It is insane how much this game was designed around survivors lacking information, and how much discord completely breaks that.

• Reinami

Like i said though, you can't KNOW its going to be a hit squad. So you HAVE to bring your best stuff, and play your absolute best, and scummy as possible and tunnel/proxy camp at the right times. Because if you don't do that from the get go, and they turn out to be a hit squad, you lost. This is why they need to be telling us when we are playing against SWF.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

After the match, only so people get ego-checked.

Although, it'd be interesting to see how many people accuse BHVR of protecting SWF's and caling it a conspiracy.

• Reinami

But that makes the game ######### for those solo survivors just trying to chill. That is my point, if it showed you before the match, you would KNOW that you are going to have a chill game, vs a not chill game, and lets you plan accordingly. Killer players aren't all scumbags who want to play mean from the get go. Sure, some are, but it is not the majority.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,222

I've heard this about a million times on these forums.

You may be struggling as killer, I'm not. And many others are also not struggling.

1). you are pretty much countradicting your self here.

2). its not a big issue on the lower mmr, or on the fast moving killers, but once you get up or are playing on the slow moving killers you will see the issue.

I've heard this about a million times on these forums and I don't care.

Sounds to me that the only thing that matters to you, is you...

I am a survivor main now, and i could just say f... it we are in a good place now. But i really want the game to be balanced and fun for both sides.

If you understood what was said, you would also get the reason behind the camping, but in stead you just say "I've heard this about a million times on these forums and I don't care."

And that indicates that you really didnt understand it, because if you did you should care, - if you wish the camping and tunneling stopped that is.

A bandage can only soak so much, if you dont stop the bleeding....

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,277

1). you are pretty much countradicting your self here.

There's a distinction between hearing it a million times and hearing it from a million people.

2). its not a big issue on the lower mmr, or on the fast moving killers, but once you get up or are playing on the slow moving killers you will see the issue.

Higher MMR has higher kill rates.

And that indicates that you really didnt understand it, because if you did you should care, - if you wish the camping and tunneling stopped that is.

I understand it perfectly well. I understand it to be the excuses of a small but very vocal group of killer mains who just don't want to lose, ever. Folks that continue to insist that we should 'use the carrot, not the stick!', even when that has been tried and tested and found to not work at all, in the slightest.

We've got massive kill streaks all over the place, perfectly healthy kill rates, healthy tournaments, and still the same handful of people will insist, incessantly, that the game is literally, objectively and even mathematically unplayable.

I am over the excuses.

Camping, tunnelling and slugging need the nerfbat. It's the only way they can be phased out.

• Kirarozu
    Kirarozu Member Posts: 240

This whole post just sounds like a skill issue to me. Literally the whole objective for survivors is to do gens and escape. If you don’t want swf’s leave the lobby until you load in first so you can watch everyone else load in. You accept the lobbies you get.

• Kirarozu
    Kirarozu Member Posts: 240

If you lose multiple gens in the first chase then it’s your fault for chasing the looper. Leave that survivor and chase the other 3.