CRACKDOWN ON AFK KILLERS

You guys NEED to crackdown on the afk killers.

It is absolutely out of control, the last 9/10 games have been afk killers.

I’m getting so bored of playing survivor now so I switch over to killer.

Now it takes 15+minutes to find a match just because of the swarm of afk killers.

It literally makes the game unplayable.

is there any acknowledgment of this issue? Are you working to a solution? It wouldn’t be hard to get rid of this activity.

Comments

• JocelynAwakens
    JocelynAwakens Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,590

This behavior is already against the Game Rules under Unsportsmanlike Conduct. Please make sure you report this behavior so that we can take appropriate action.

UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT

• Botting
    • Lag switching
    • Disconnects (leaving the match before killed or sacrificed) - DO NOT REPORT
    • For both Botting and Lag switching, in-game reports are REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

I'm not defending bots. My reasons in the post you quote are extremely clear. Sometimes a killer doesn't want to play vs. a group of survivors. Survivors have the option of giving up. Killers do not. So they give up how they can.

I don't know anything about various streamer personalities but when you play the game as a job you're going to see more of any particular behavior in the game than others. The sample size is larger. Even in those cases is it truly 9/10 games as the OP suggests? Of course not. It's an occasional inconvenience. Do gens and leave.

• Zerotoxiks
    Zerotoxiks Member Posts: 76

Thanks. Is their any way to know if your in game report has been received or if action has been taken?

• Dream_Whisper
    Dream_Whisper Member Posts: 746

I do not know what your problem is with AFK killers, as I see it as free BP and Escape; especially if the killer is not having a fun time and would rather not eat the DC Penalty. And even then, you have no idea on what has happened on the killer player life; he could have a family emergency, irl life problem, or even had their batteries dead onto their controller.

And if you are still not having fun, just shut up and move on to the next match, where I am certain you have a actual engaging killer to play agaisnt!

• Zerotoxiks

You guys are clearly not playing during non peak hours… I counted the games. It’s either a Wraith going invisible so survivors don’t mess around and finish games quicker or it’s a Doctor looking to farm bloodpoints.

You guys saying just escape and move on… how boring is it do that 15 minute game consecutive times. It literally ruins the experience for others.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866

AFK killers, you mean the Cenobite exploit where they stand on the box just to grief players with endless hooks?

• Lilybugarini
    Lilybugarini Member Posts: 4

The AFK killers are getting way worse... I play all the time, and I wouldn't say 9/10 matches, but there's definitely like 5/10 ish. There's been an upsurgence of killers named after the characters (i.e. The Blight, The Wraith, etc.) that pair Merciless Storm, Distressing, Corrupt Intervention, and Deadlock. It becomes super tedious and horrible for all the survivors. Maybe I'm just unlucky, but when you get three in a row it makes me want to stop playing for the night. I report them every time, but there's just so many.

• BarnesFlam
    BarnesFlam Member Posts: 654
    edited January 2023

Are camping killers bannable? Like, I'm talking straight up Bubba not moving and facing a hooked survivor, standing still for a few minutes because we all know his power is impossible to dodge in that situation. I always report it as "idling". 😕

• Lilybugarini

I mean, it'd be different if they played and then gave up.

But they literally just... stand there the entire time. There's no "playing" at all.

• Lilybugarini

I think this falls under "unsportsmanlike" but I could be wrong?

• Lilybugarini

I do think there's a difference between GOING afk and spawning in afk. One of them you get frustrated or something interrupts you, the other one is just... not playing at all, and farming shards and a minimal amount of BP. Annoying and against the point of the game... which is to play.

• hastarkis
    hastarkis Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 580

Camping is a legit strategy and not bannable. It is not fun but not against the rules either.

• Stabby_Widdershins
    Stabby_Widdershins Member Posts: 485

No, camping is not bannable.

Nor is slugging or tunneling.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

9/10 games… ok buddy. 😂

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

I haven’t seen an afk killer in probably over a year.

• Zerotoxiks

so after making this post I’ve seen maybe one or two.

i don’t know what it was about the day I made this post but I seriously had at least 7-9 afk killers out of 10 games.

• Warlord1981NL
    Warlord1981NL Member Posts: 262

Why should "Disconnects (leaving the match before killed or sacrificed) - DO NOT REPORT" not be reported? Have you got any idea how often this occurs? Just straight up denying me my earned points?

Yeah not survivor sided at all...

• Perks in survivor's favor (top 10 strongest perks do not feature killer perks)
    • Maps in survivor's favor (do I even need to explain this? the stupid amount of mist, the insane amount of loops, vaults, pallets, etc etc etc)
    • Game mechanics in survivor's favor (multiple free escapes, body blocking still not fixed, flashbangs/flashlight outpowering any killer ability)
    • Hits are in survivor's favor (as stabbing someone is far slower than pulling down a pallet for reasons that I assume to boil down to survivor's whined about killers killing)
    • Code of Conduct in survivor's favor (this nonsense I just quoted)

So coddled. When will killer's get some actual love? One would almost think you don't want killers to actually play... Ridiculous... Survivor's are toxic af and BHVR is enabling them every step of the way.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,161

Because DCing is automatically handled with a matchmaking ban, so reporting it would fundamentally be useless since the game already handles DCing, it would waste the time of BHVR's moderation team.

Also where the hell did the rest of that post come from, if you want to whing about the state of the game, go to another post or make a post yourself, this isnt the place; could possible even make a Feedback and Suggestions Post with constructive criticism towards such if you do not like the direction the game is going.

• elodietokyo
    elodietokyo Member Posts: 4

I have the same issue with afk killers, I thought it was mainly in Asia. It’s annoying indeed.

• davidrodmad
    davidrodmad Member Posts: 3

Holy moly, it's the first time I dip into these forums and most replies to this thread are infuriating.

1- It feels like a lot of users might be projecting, talking about "well if the killer is not enjoying that match they can leave". Dog, the topic is about bot killers, killers that literally are NEVER in the match to begin with. Some are just afk, some have automatic left click every once in a while so they don't get flagged by the game as AFK.

2- "It's just a match, get the BP, finish gens and leave" how entitled can you be? are you a teenager? I don't have all day to be playing videogames and for a while now job reasons lead me to play in off hours of the day, with a low MMR. You're saying it's not an issue that should be looked into when I come play for like 1 hour, and out of that hour if I choose to play survivor, 40 minutes are spent in a random assortment of bot killers? 15 minutes is not a throwaway amount of time for an adult person's free time.

3- Yes, 9/10. I fully believe OP. Why? Because I get pretty frequently put into matches like this 3/4 times in a row. I only play survivor to do some challenges and dailies, and I dread it every time because of all the AFK killers I encounter.

4- "This doesn't happen to me, stop making it up, it's a you problem" ... Like, are you ######### serious? Do you also go on support threads about bugs to tell people that they are making stuff up because you haven't encountered a bug? Because it follows the same logic. How is it helpful for you to come in here and say "this isn't real because it doesn't happen to me"? Not only is it a dick move in any situation, but there is clearly more than just OP going through this issue.

People have their head so up their ass that they'll shut down whatever inconvenience if it doesn't align with what they care about... But there are a million parameters (MMR, time of day to play, regional servers) that are gonna make it irrelevant if you didn't happen to run into this issue.

Behaviour, I'm reporting them when I encounter them, but there is an endless supply. You need to improve your AFK detection techniques. If a killer's position in a map doesn't change from spawn, they are afk even if they are pressing buttons.

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 1,075

I’d say that if you intentionally start a match and then provide zero input towards it, you’ve effectively created a bot Killer for that match. Just one with no instructions or capability to follow them.

• Technature
    Technature Member Posts: 619

Hello, person who has the game on PC and Switch with vastly different MMR on both.

The statistic is full of it. I can go days or even weeks without finding an AFK killer, let alone one that wants to be friendly or farm or is under bot control on both accounts.

And quite frankly I find it hypocritical that someone going against a team that wants to do little more than suck the fun out of their game and deciding enough is enough, up to and including going into a random corner and tabbing out to do something else is being a poor sport and is a bannable offense, but tea bagging in the exit gate for two minutes or refusing to go into the hatch until killer is close enough to hit you is perfectly ok.

I don't know a lot of chess games where it wouldn't be acceptable to punch your opponent in the face if they refused to play the winning move because they wanted to rub it in your face for as long as possible.

• davidrodmad

Another person that misses the point and doesn't understand what's being reported.

• ili
    ili Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2023

just today I played against 3 killers bots, i hope they fix this.

• Technature

"It is absolutely out of control, the last 9/10 games have been afk killers."

You're right, I absolutely have no idea on what I'm talking about and 90% of the entirety of the game is a killer sitting there twiddling their thumbs.

• Frogsplosion
    Frogsplosion Member Posts: 273

I'd rather crack down on garbage visual noise maps and gen rushing.

• Kirarozu
    Kirarozu Member Posts: 240
    edited May 2023

When I was new to dbd it definitely was 9/10 games. I assume people who bring this up must be new. The afk killers are just bp farmers with mmr so bad they’re in with new players.

• Technature

I could see it happening in newbie games, but you keep playing and you stop getting them.

A 90% winrate means you won't be around them for long.

• Spectralfx
    Spectralfx Member Posts: 605

Amen to that!

If a killer go AFK... do the gens and leave.

If you don't, as survivors YOU are holding the game hostage and should get reported and banned.

No one can force a killer to play these ***** maps they keep throwing out there... no one.

• Archael
    Archael Member Posts: 815
    edited May 2023

Seriously i have much more problem with spoiling game through hook suicides, dc, camping and tunneling, than being afk.

On the last case i can at least do some things, earn some bp and rift fragments, and i can decide if i want to increase my mmr via exit gates or not via the hatch or sacrificing myself during endgame collapse.

• davidrodmad

It's unbelievable the amount of copium, anger and pettiness that makes all of you think this is not an issue.

I didn't want to touch this thread again, but I just got out of the third match in a row with an AFK killer. I'm a killer main and no matter how little I attempt to play survivor, the times I do will always be like this.

Throw gen blockers in there as well for extra wasted time.

But who cares right? You do gens, get BP and leave. That's what people are here for. Time has no value, playing the game doesn't either, only thing that matters are the rewards and the numbers.

Jesus christ.

• Archael

I would also placed ruin there and body blocked hex as Wraith.

But really... What is the issue? You did gens, erned xp for rift/iri shards. How long game lasted? You also got bp in opposition to killer who got almost nothing.

You could decide if You want to leave or die.

Whole trial was up to You.

You could do achivs, daily, and challanges, not all of them but some are doable in that scenario.

And You did something.

Yes it can be frustrating if You want to get some chases. But other on that, can You name the issue?

In case of dc or Hook suicide the issue is that rest of the team is screwed because of aomeones selfishness, and survs can do nothing while 1v3 (remedy is to give bot in place of surrendered surv).

In case of tunneling and camping, the issue is that one player is removed from the game from start and can do nothing.

What is the issue of afk killer? Boredom? Weak killer who lost every chase, and some ghostfaces that just crouch pretending doing gens, and slugging are also boring...

• Technature

Congratulations.

You won.

Now you're less likely to get a killer that's bad at the game or purposefully loses.

• UltraGaff
    UltraGaff Member Posts: 2

I played 1o games first 7 games were with afk killers

8th was Wraith (who completelly smashed down the entire team)

9 and 10 afk again.

what can I do about that?

• Göch
    Göch Member Posts: 113

My friend the topic is about shard/xp farming killers that afk with a macro, it has nothing to do with people not wanting to play certain maps.

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,979

I'm now just realizing that is the perfect build for wasting time as afk lmao

Pinhead so they waste time getting box, and all the other perks to slow down gens as long as possible without moving or doing anything at all lol

I don't think they are doing this out of spite, but for XP for shards since the main thing only matters for XP is time in match

• That_One_Friend
    That_One_Friend Member Posts: 277

I've had maybe 2 killers in the past month be AFK. I highly doubt im in high MMR, I'm an average survivor at best.

One was a Trapper that just swung his weapon constantly and a Wraith who was AFK until endgame. He was doing the Rancor/Game Afoot/NOED build.

• mejchar01
    mejchar01 Member Posts: 53

did u think they afking maybe bcs u are gen rushing , being toxic, teabagging, clicking with battery, or teabagging after stunning him with pallet? dont being toxic,, dont gen rush and then writing ez and they will play ..

• ryebread
    ryebread Member Posts: 1

Hey I’m a really lousy survivor so I’m pretty much at the lowest mmr you can be and I run into AFK killers about once every 5 or so matches. It’s a serious problem currently. I’ve been reporting these people but nothing seems to be happening to them since I will literally run into the same AFK killers on a routine basis.

Whoever said to just do gens and leave is dodging the issue. That’s not a solution to the problem and we shouldn’t be forced to do 5 gens just because someone is farming shards. These people need to be banned. Behavior needs to do something about this because I’d rather spend my time playing some other game than doing gens all day with no killer and I doubt I’m alone.

• Archael

tbh, it does not matter if there is a killer or not. As survivor, Your objective is to do 5 gens and escape. From surv perspective, killer is an obstacle.

Tho i understand the premise - its not fun to not interact with the killer.

It is an issue. Tho its not as common as it may be seen (at least for me), tunneling and camping are. There is just a little more interaction with the killer, but its also not fun experience which at the same time removes all rewards from playing the game - bp, shards, and not allow for certain challanges or daylies to be finished. While afk killers do not prevent that. Escaping, doing gens gives lot of bp, staying in a boring game gives shards, and afk killer allow for doing certain challanges and daylies with no problem.

No, im not saying its not an issue. Im saying that its not as big of a deal. I would love to not see afk killers, but i prefer those over tunnelers and campers.

• tarodarki
    tarodarki Member Posts: 1

It's because it is common in low MMR And also there is a difference between a AFK killer and a AFK farming killer AFK farming killers have macros set up to get in matches and just spam m1

• JoseLuisPeleitas
    JoseLuisPeleitas Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2

This is a secret script of behavior for those survivors that doesnt make gens, try it and you will see, if you have an afk killer do 2 gens and in the next game is 100% imposible you have an AFK killer, then dont even touch a gen in the next game and you will see that in the next game you will have an afk killer, its been a while since i've been having this problem and its a shame those killers aren't insta banned for ruinning the player experiencie. My style of game playing surv is trying to run the killer the whole time, i dont like to do gens, and im in a medium rank, but its always the same.

• JoseLuisPeleitas
    JoseLuisPeleitas Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2

nha man you have to be joking about this, in wich univers do you think doing only generators is fun, dbd is a type of hide and seek game, if you dont have the fact of hide from someone theres no gameplay there, you are only wasting your time seeing how a grey bar is going up, afk killers are a big problem to the game and this type of comments are bullshit

• Archael

I a quote, there is no mention of doing only gens is fun. Do this is a strawman.

I should not replay to strawman, but i wanted to point out that You did not interacted with quoted post in any way.

• Panabas
    Panabas Member Posts: 24

I had 24 matches and 1 had a normal, real session. Just used 'em to farm Rift challenges, to be honest, as a dull reality, but this absolutely isn't hyperbole or an exaggeration. In Asia at least, the issue has worsened to a point any newcomers are discouraged and now it's only AFK killer bots. This wasn't resolved and people like you - denying this as a serious, fundamental issue - has obviously motivated this to not be a priority to practically break certain regions.