Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Knights Guards on the Game Map go through closed doors

Rokku_Rorru
Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 1,129

Platform: all

Description: The Knights Guards can go throw closed generator doors on Gideons meat packing plant.

Steps to reproduce: Go to the Game as Knight and place a guard on the other side of the generator doors to a survivor, they'll locate them through it and phase through.

How often? Pretty much all the time.

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Cyn0_0
    Cyn0_0 Member Posts: 84

I dont think this is a bug. The knights respond to noise notifications and when they start the hunt they will move to where the survivor was first detected to plant the standard even if its through an obstacle. Perhaps the killer was using something to generate noise notifications when you were on a gen?

• Rokku_Rorru

no it's a bug, they can't go through solid objects, pair that with the holes in the roof, it's near impossible to avoid them on that map.

• Cyn0_0

In the description of the knights power it notes it goes through floors and ceilings (does not specify walls but my assumption is it would) once the survivor is detected. In addition the wiki notes the following:

*Guards react to Loud Noise Notifications created by Survivors, akin to The Nemesis' Zombies.

The following link is to the wiki page for what all produces those notifications.

https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Loud_Noise_Notifications

Given that I would recommend checking the perks the knight was running to see what noise notifications he could be producing. My bet is Call of Brine since it doesnt show the survivor it's in effect, as opposed to oppression and overcharge.

• Rokku_Rorru
    edited May 2023

Yes, that's fine they follow noise notifications but they don't go through solid objects, only windows/broken breakable walls and short walls. The closed game doors are fully closed objects often leading to dead ends. This ALSO spawns the flag on the other side of a wall you often can't get around. I don't see how thats hard to understand.

The zombies don't phase through solid objects and the knights guards have little to no interaction as it is, this doesn't need to be justified as a feature.

I also would appreciate if you didn't explain game features to me like I don't understand how it works, this is a bug report, I've reported it. It's up to the devs/admins to decide if it is or not.

• Cyn0_0

I'm just describing the mechanics as I understand them with the sources I have, no need to get heated. There are many mechanics to this game and not everyone is aware of every tiny detail. I'm still leaning towards this is not a bug given what I've listed, but you do you.

• Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 1,024

Guards can in fact phase through solid objects, walls, windows, floors, ceiling, you name it during the wind-up phase for a hunt (the time between detecting a survivor and the actual hunt starting). That is by design, because Guards are programmed to start the hunt at the exact location the survivor was detected at (it's where they place the flag) and have to do so in a fixed time frame, so the devs have them phase through everything for that time.

It's not a bug, it's design.

• Rokku_Rorru

Yes, I know that but they are detecting through the closed doors, as if you are in line of sight, it doesn't seem to be from noise. I'm aware they can phase but they cannot detect normally through walls.

• Cyn0_0

As long as the loud noise notification was within the bounds of the detection range you will be spotted. If you have a screenshot of the endgame screen we could at least see if there was some perk in play to produce said notification.