Thanks BHVR!!!

Love playing 2 minute games in the new update! With absolutely no gen defence left for killers and stackable perks like Hyperfocus, Scavenger, and Prove Thyself I love getting to 1 gen with 2 hook stages. Absolutely fantastic meta, really engaging and fun!

Glad the devs finally understand we're all too busy to play their game so they've made matches finish in less than what it takes to make some instant ramen.

Comments

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

I mean, can't you just take rancor and bubba? I don't think it's that hard.

• fulltonon
    edited June 2023

You could also play tombstone piece myer with rancor too.

Only if all those perks weren't extremely inconsistent and weirdly limited, huh.

• fulltonon

Well it's officially a band-aid and luckily not exactly super strong, I'm rather scared in what kind of insanity they gonna brought up with yet to seen "long term fix" would be.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,181

A long-term fix would be to deal with Skull Merchant and maybe spread the distance between gens a little. That's all they need to do.

It was explained that there was some issue with spreading gens in regards to setting a minimum distance which I just do not buy. It's not difficult to change some spawn settings and in many cases where survivors lose because of a 3-gen, it's not the killer nor the placement that were issues, moreover the survivors were not taking into consideration gen placement when doing them.

I do feel the game has moved towards a handheld experience because people do not wish to put the time in to learn and just enjoy it.

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729

Scavenger is as useful as Autodidact is.

5 great skillchecks with an empty toolbox happens maybe every sixth game.

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 653

People complain that now, you got a lot of survivor who can loop effectively, it's good gameplay from her? Or it is not?

Are you gonna say it's very easy to loop in this game?

• Mockingjay_S451
    Mockingjay_S451 Member Posts: 393
    edited June 2023

Yes, thank you BHVR! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 Finally can play some survivor matches.

Post edited by Mockingjay_S451 on
  • TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 653

Yeah... Bad map, right...

Borgo, yes, I don't like this map for a lot of reason, but the other

Survivor need to understand how to take windows or pallet, and after that, learning how to create some sort of "track"

I got a lot of survivor P100 who can't loop, and a lot of P10 who can, it's not as easy as you think, if it was the case, every survivor can be a god looper's, and that's not the case

It's not easy, and with all the video who "teach" you how you can be effective at the loop zone, and with the number of view on these...

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028
    edited June 2023

Do remember that generator spawns are unique on a tile. If the minimum range even barely touches it it invalidates the whole tile. Sure, this doesn't sound bad for a single gen, but once you realize that gen then needs to be moved further, that takes up even more space than you'd realize, causing a knock on effect.

Basically, even being 1m too close cause like 30m offset per gen. Maps just aren't big enough, and this would hurt killers almost across the board way too much if they made maps bigger to support it.

• DavidHypnos
    DavidHypnos Member Posts: 730

Looping really isn’t as easy as everyone makes it out to be. Everyone has different playstyles, skills, etc. but imo chases are easier (from killer pov) than looping as survivor. It certainly requires more skill on my part. As someone else mentioned beforehand as well, you have to put pressure on survivors. I can guarantee you that 95% of my survivor matches that ended with only 1-2 or even 0 gens being done was because survivors were punished for being altruistic. If you can get a survivor on the hook one of two things will happen - 1) someone - or possibly more than one - will stop what they’re doing to save them thus cutting them off from their objectives or 2) survivors won’t leave their objective and the hooked survivor will die immediately putting more pressure on the whole team. Both sides have their challenges but it’s never as easy as just sitting on a generator (unless the killer makes it that easy for you.) Even the strongest killers don’t just get easy kills unless the survivors are extremely ineffective or the killer resorts to camping, tunneling, or slugging. As far as the new Deja Vu goes - I’ve tried it and it’s definitely good enough to be meta but it’s not OP. I would say Prove Thyself is still a better perk overall and DV can be countered pretty easily. Use Surveillance to set up a 3-gen and hamper progress. The new Deja Vu is designed to gain a small but noticeable boost to help end games that might go on forever due to a 3-gen but it’s design isn’t going to make it a “genrushing” perk because it’s still just as susceptible to pressure.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

3-gen isn't a Skull Merchant issue it is a bad map design issue. Skull Merchant is slated to get retooled anyway which she needs cause her power currently isn't actually useful in ways it was meant to be used. The 3-genning issue is just more pronounced than ever due to the last two chapters having killers with powers that function at require survivors to interact with them, but being completely useless you place them in areas where survivors need to go. With the way maps are currently designed and just generally how the procedural tile spawn rules are I don't even know if they can fix it without changing the survivor objective.

Some maps are too small which means the gens can't be spread out in a way that stops 3-gens, but some maps are so big that if gens are too far apart basically no killer can really defend them.

• EmmaFrostyEyes
    EmmaFrostyEyes Member Posts: 685

Your right, corrupt wasnt A tier, it was s tier. Its still a good perk just not a good perk on killers like nurse or blight

• EmmaFrostyEyes

“All for the benefit of forcing survivors to move a bit instead of instantly repairing the gens they spawn at.” Exactly what why it was s tier. Forced survivors to move and the gens stayed blocked for a full 2 minutes. Every killer got value out of it. It was one of the most used perks for a reason

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

And you missed the RNG part, where it easily blocked the wrong gens.

Cool, gen is blocked. I just move to another one and stop running when i hear the heartbeat. Gens were the primary point for killers to find survivors. When corrupt blocked the gens, the killer could easily search for the survivors until they started to repair the unblocked gens of for the full 2 minutes. Which resulted in no progress for anyone (killer included).

I even remember a streamer who tested Trapper/Hag with and without Corrupt. In order to really see the difference between, what then was mainly considered the best perk for those 2 killers. Result was, that despite the extra time to set up traps, the outcome was better without corrupt.

• EmmaFrostyEyes

Pain res hooks had the rng issue. Didnt stop players from using it. I still see corrupt in my games as survivor. Was old corrupt the best perk in the game? No but it was certainly on one the top ones.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

skill issue

• Marc_go_solo
  • Marc_go_solo

I admit I do not always see the issue with this. On some occasions I do get annoyed when 2 gens appear within close proximity, but that is bad rng on those maps.

However, the only times I have ever had an issue with 3-gens is poor planning in advance. It's never been the map that I feel was responsible. Not to say that in some cases there is bad spawning involved at times, but I believe some players do not feel accountable for their own actions.

I still find it odd how the generator has been designed in such a way as to make it complicated to space out even across the map. Come to think about it, maybe that's where the idea of a bad map design comes from, by not taking this into account. That still sounds less like bad map design and more bad asset design for generators though, although I am starting to see what an issue is with maps a bit more now.

• Frogsplosion
    Frogsplosion Member Posts: 273

God forbid we want to run perks that aren't just slow down...

• ElodieSimp
    ElodieSimp Member Posts: 385

Think that's the main problem, you have a decent amount of killer mains that always want to be handed the kill instead of gaming for it.

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 636

Any old regression perk was good against clueless and careless survivors. Saying Corrupt was an A tier makes me question what kind of survivors were struggling or having any sort of inconvenience caused by this perk in the first place.

Overcharge and Brine were not passive because they required a kick on the gen. Both could be removed by a tap and a skill check the moment killer left the kicked gen. Only very few killers could benefit from this combo and only because they could either return back quickly or create something that would scare inexperienced survivors away.

Eruption was pretty fair perk as it kept the entire gen-kick meta alive and rewarded killer for tagging gens and participating in chases in hope for a fast down. Unfortunately survivors were too entitled to learn how to deal with it, even after HUD was introduced which was a direct nerf to the perk. When it was ''reworked'' the entire meta started to crumble and with final nerf of Overcharge and Brine combo the gen kick meta has died.

What we have now ( if I may even call it meta ) is pure hunter that involves Jolt, PR and PGTW for a slowdown. The problem with these is there's always a chance you end being unable to use any of these perks for various reasons, which means you end up with no gen regression whatsoever. Those lucky games where survivors are potatoes should not be taken into account yet they are still used as an example by people who state that the current gen regression and killer perk health is fine and doesn't require any attention from devs when in reality everything is much worse and new proper form of regression has to be introduced.