If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

New Perk Ideas

Options
NikeTag
NikeTag Member Posts: 7
edited June 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hello, I love the new perks for the killer and survivor, and thought i could make up some perks as well.

Hex: Opened Wounds: You are capable of finding your prey and not let them escape. Once a survivor is hooked, this perk activates, Once the survivor is rescued, the rescued survivor will be in a mended state immediately while injured, Once healed to healthy, the rescuered survivors aura will be revealed to you for 5 seconds, This hex will be a activated on a totem around the map.

Snapped Ankles: You make them frightened, trying to escape, they slow down for you to hunt. If a survivor falls off a great height, while in chase, the survivor will suffer from a 5% decrease in haste for 7 seconds.

Sealed Shut: You make your obsession not see what’s coming. Once the trial begins, The obsession is blinded, Once the obsession is healed to healthy, the survivor that healed the obsession will become the obsession, making them put into the blindness status affect. This repeats until the end of the trial.

Please tell me if these are good or if you could change anything about these perks, Thank you and hope you use these ideas for future updates.

Comments

• BlueHorkew
    BlueHorkew Member Posts: 1,079
    Options

The first perk is a turbo tunneler enabler. Basically you are giving everyone PH purple add-on that removes BT. That one would be really problematic.

Really like the third one.

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 801
    Options

the first one like bluehorkew said makes it a bit too easy to tunnel i think.

the second one doesn't seem useful at all unless a Survivor has balanced landing which is an already rare perk but if a Survivor jumps from a high place without it they already get staggered a lot allowing you to catch up.

the third one is pretty interesting i like it however am expecting it won't see much use as blindness is not that good of an effect.

• Spectralfx
    Spectralfx Member Posts: 605
    Options

I love the 1st one.

Anything that expedite sending a survivor to the death screen to turn it into a 3vs1 would be nice to counter gen rushes.

If we can't regress gens, make killers deadlier.

Faster games, more chaos, more fun.

(Survivors who complains about being tunneled are just bad at chases anyways, they would die regardless)

• NikeTag
    Options

Thank you for liking the third one, and i’ll make some new ideas as well

• NikeTag
    Options

I was thinking on endurance still being active, and if being hit, it would just bring your mending bar lower, and also since it could be a powerful perk, i thought of it being a hex, which could control of it being off once the totem is cleansed.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

Endurance doesn't work while Deep Wounded (Mending). It being a hex would make it... more balanced but still the idea is tricky.

• Keellaeth
    Keellaeth Member Posts: 22
    Options

They won't see the hex until someone is unhooked. Then if the killer has undying too, tunnel becomes mostly inescapable.

• THE_Crazy_Hyena
    THE_Crazy_Hyena Member Posts: 230
    Options

Personally, I think the first perk would enable a bit too much tunneling. A suggested change would be to have the savior's aura shown to the killer instead (the person who healed the injured survivor). This would prevent tunneling to some extent, and make rescuing others a higher risk.

• NikeTag
    Options

That is what i meant, i just didn’t know how to call it, sorry.

• DrDucky
    DrDucky Member Posts: 680
    Options

Unfortunately all 3 of these perks are too weak except maybe the first one. The first one though is not good design since its basically a tunnelling enabler and that is literally all it is designed to do which is not good for the game.

The second one is too weak since its very niche and some maps its utterly useless. Design wise its fine its just far too low impact to justify a perk slot

The 3rd one is also too weak but is unhealthy design wise. It is a blindness effect on one survivor which will most likely not work if they are in a swf and to top it off it would be a nightmare if the obsession is a solo Q. So its only good against a group of solo Qs but should not be buffed since it will just hurt them more.

Overall there is some potential here, mainly with the 3rd one, but you just have to be careful of perks with specific hate effects to things like solo Q or perks which benefit an unfun playstyle like slugging or tunnelling.