Singularity: EMPs are too much

Slan
Slan Member Posts: 306

I have played a few games as Hux and I can tell there is something a little bit off with the EMPs. There are too many and they are also fairly easy to obtain while being a fairly powerful tool against this killer, capable of completely nullifying his power, only allowing you to wartch them as they repair with you being far away in some cases. The recovery time of a pod is tremendously big, and in sone cases you will just have to act as your average regular m1 killer to traverse the map.

Swf takes most value from this issue, with they coordinated efforts they can disable a pod and repair a gen before you can arrive and do anything, and while they find another gen to repair all EMPs are taken.

Conclussion:EMPs need to be tuned down a bit. The pod itself has counter, just getting out of its line of sight or walk doing zig zags towards the end of its radius. EMPs could be instead be used only to remove infection. Or simply reduce the number of EMPs available if you want to keep the tool itself untouched.

Comments

• Khastrx
    Khastrx Member Posts: 125

It's being adjusted in the next hotfix. We'll see how this works out...

EMP creates reduced to 4 per map and increasing EMP charge time to 2.5 secs (from 2.0s). Survivor movement speed will also be slowed while they are charging it.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

I saw somebody mentioned an adjustment such as allowing the crates to only print up to 80% and the last 20% had to be manually done. I’d like to see how that would play out.

• Slan

If this is happening I don't trust it will do much. I do not think 0.5 seconds will make a nig enough difference, and we'll have to see how slow they become when they use it. But 4 crates per map? 1 per each survivor? If EMPs are keeping their actual radius then I believe it will still be a problem. This will solve nothing in high mmr, singularity will still be unplayable there.

I still think that the pods should be affected by an EMP lesser time, survivors often group at the gen with the affected pods and repair it fast. And before your pod goes back online and/or you get to traverse the whooole map to get to the gen in some cases, they'll have already repaired it and will be fleeing.

Conclussion, the problem again is genrush and how swf can be busted against this killer. If the EMP numbers were reduced, I believe that would make the op tool more exclussive and limited. Or if the radius is reduced, the tool would not be as op but still be useful.

• Dipper
    Dipper Member Posts: 153

How about removing the manual part. You have to wait for an EMP to get printed. Dropping the EMP destroys it

• Slan

That could work as well, but it would end up being the same in the end, theybwould wait then use them then rush.

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800

the pods will be affected a lesser time, they will be 45 seconds instead of 60 i think.