If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Endurance Perks/Add-Ons Aren't Fun

Options

These kinds of perks and add-ons are saying, "oh, you know how you deserve that down after playing so well? Nah, we'll prevent that from happening."

This isn't a fun kind of effect to go against and should really just be limited or really reserved for very situational moments in a match, not given out to random perks that can really make games feel terrible and unrewarding for the Killer and undeserving to win as Survivor.

Here's my honest opinion on the effect to the following:

Made For This

• Nerf: Removed the Endurance status effect from the Perk entirely.

Soul Guard

• Nerf: Added a new requirement to unlock Soul Guard, now requiring that you at least fully heal another Survivor for two health states before activating.
  • Buff: Removed the cooldown of Soul Guard.

Styptic Agent

• Nerf: Styptic Agent can now only be used on allies.

Hooks

• Buff: Changed the Endurance status effect to be similar to the Mettle of Man version of the effect, making it no longer apply Deep Wound.
  • Buff: This effect will completely override the effect of Deep Wound from attacks that normally apply it.
  • Buff: This Endurance effect will now pause whenever the Survivor is ensnared or inhibited by certain Killer powers or perks.

Comments

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,227
    Options

styptic already requires you to pause for a full second (because otherwise you don't get prompt for heals) and it's violet addon. If I should compare it to other violet addons on the other side (tombstone piece, alchemist ring, yakuyoke amulet, ...) I would say the addon is pretty underwhelming.

Soul guard is barely used as-is. Why would you want to nerf it even further? Considering the usage rate - how did you even remember that this perk does provide endurance? If anything, this perk needs buffs.

But I can agree with nerf to made for this. Just remove it. But don't make a new perk with just this effect - it would be too weak - filling the huge number of perks that are just not worth it.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

Made for this problem isn't Endurance but Haste. So actually, I would personally prefer they would go into Endurance direction if they decided to nerf it.

Soul Guard also doesn't make much sense to me? It's niche is helping you get out if the killer slugged you too long (and there's a hex in play/a survivor helped you). It would make an already weak perk (atleast imo) even weaker for no reason.

Styptic makes sense why not.

And hooks, it's a nice way to make anti-tunneling perks not get wasted in 3 seconds. Although, taking 2 additional hits for survivors with this and OTR/Dead Hard could be scary and even promote unsafe unhooking even more.

• Boons123
    Boons123 Member Posts: 695
    Options

I can hardly get any value from my Soul Guard and you want to weaken it further?

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,227
    edited June 2023
    Options

Considering styptic - I also wonder who/how would be able to use the addon. It requires you to stop (so it can't be used in chase altruistically - outside of VERY coordinated SWF - at which case it's just better to bodyblock) and it works for 5s only. This change would make styptic about as useful, as green map. The only benefit this could EVER have is if killer surprises 2 healing survivors that were already healing altruistically with medkit (so practically never).

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

Endurance is a problem? I never felt like that, most of them are generally balanced right now.

• jeffkillsyou96
    jeffkillsyou96 Member Posts: 249
    Options

Lmao you’re complaining about soul guard