Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Made for This- Endurance Bug

Calix
Calix Member Posts: 1
edited July 2023 in Bug Reporting

I was using Made for This when I picked someone up from the ground while injured. I got the endurance effect on the edge of my screen. I then ran into the killer to take a protection hit for the Kate and instead of being put into Deep Wound, I went down. I rechecked the clip and I still had endurance when The Artist hit me.

1 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Comments

• JonOzzie16
    JonOzzie16 Member Posts: 203

You were already deep wounded at the start of this clip, maybe that's why the endurance didn't work

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,995

I think the bug here is that the Endurance icon was on show when you didn't actually have Endurance because of already being in Deep Wound.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,740

I thought that was intended? You can still benefit from the Endurance if you are able to mend before the Endurance expires; Deep Wound doesn’t prevent the status effect from being applied, it just makes it not work. Having it not show the icon at all in that situation seems inconsistent.

I don’t know how feasible this is, but one thing that could be done to make it more clear that Endurance doesn’t protect you in Deep Wound is make it so the icon is still there but have some transparent graphic on top of it that crosses it out or something, to indicate that it will not work unless you mend.

But yes @ OP, you went down because you were already in Deep Wound, which prevents Endurance from protecting you.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,995

That's a really good idea, and you might well be right re the reasoning of having the icon there - it's super confusing to newer players for sure.

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124

Deep wound causes endurance to do nothing. Its to prevent stacking the effects to have 7 hit chases, which was a bit of an issue on the 6.1.0 PTB where this got implemented.