The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Stats? did someone say Stats?

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,199

Wouldn't be very useful info.

I've been playing for nearly 3 years and have almost every perk unlocked, but I'm still missing a couple of Skull Merchant/Renato/Thalita's perks, and one of Elodies/Twins, as I never bought these characters.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

so you do not have every perk.

I wanna see what people pick when they can choose anything

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,199
    edited August 2023

You didn't infer my meaning.

Most people won't have every perk. If there's a character who has all bad perks, they may not buy them. If you only look at players who have absolutely every perk, not only will this be a tiny, miniscule portion of players, but it will periodically drop every time a new chapter is released as well.

You're basically only looking at career DBD streamers and players with a similar schedule.

That data is not going to be useful.

• Alice_pbg

I also asked for most used cosmetic on all characters...

do you think all I want is useful stuff? I'm just curious.

• CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006

Is there any chance of getting stats for Solo Queue / SWF Escape rates?

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Ah, Windows is the best perk.

Who could have guessed?

• luvcraft
    luvcraft Member Posts: 1,233

I'm surprised to see sloppy boppy so high. Is it the mangled part?

and I'm really surprised that Nurse's Calling didn't make the top 10. it's SO useful and powerful.

• powerpuffCheryl
    powerpuffCheryl Member Posts: 40

The math says that MFT was out for at least half of that time so...

• Alice_pbg

"So..." what?

Please explain why you think it wouldn't matter that a perk wasn't even getting counted for 47/99 days.

And then account for people that didn't even get the character to unlock the perk.

• WW1PilotAce
    WW1PilotAce Member Posts: 61

what we can discuss? this stats are bare bones

nerf swf and nurse

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,327

That's very understandable. I didn't know you had to (perhaps manually) gather the data on all the statistics, I thought it was always automated via the use of certain programs. That being said, there are certain Killers' add-ons that really need to be looked into but haven't been in a while. So it would've been really interesting to see some sort of data on a specific killer, Blight for example that uses Alch Ring and the number of games that are won vs the usage of other add-ons. But that might be way too much data to sift through. Thanks for your explanation though!

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,407

Self Care is notoriously popular in the Asian region. It's another reason why Made for This may not feature in the results, or if it does in future then it may not be very high. There may be regions where it's not popular at all.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Sometimes i feel these stats are specifically designed to troll the community.

MfT not being in the top 10 but also not been released untill halfway through the data collection is such a argueing bait.

That's a back and forth we're going to see in the forums for the next couple of months

My 2 cents it does kiiinda show MfT isn't as popular as people say it is but not enough to say for sure.

The fact that it is undeniably a strong perk with perks having a higher pickrate when they are released it is kinda hard to imagine more people picked spine chill in april to august then people picked MfT from july to august.

Then again Spine Chill could be super popular in some regions i'm not aware of so who knows

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    hailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 913

Yeah. Pretty sure Jolt is only #1 because it's a free perk.

I mean, I'm seeing it 1-2 times a game, on average, the way I used to see old Dead Hard. It's not nearly as annoying, though.

• caramelpudding
    caramelpudding Member Posts: 118

The fact self-care is still used this much really disturbs me.

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    hailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 913

It's still useful if you run it with Botany and Desperate. Overcome is a good combo, too, since some killers won't bother chasing you after hitting you if they know you have it; you can take protection hits and then zip off to the other corner of the map to heal and hop on a gen.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,929

we want to see stats of low mmr and high mmr players before and after those HUD changes.

especially for soloQ, we want to know how much those HUD changes helped soloq.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

For real, even as a killer main it disturbs and irritates me, like some cyclopen architecture or lovecraftian horror that the mind can't encompass.

Last game I played around with BBQ, ad I hadn't it equipped in a while and after hooking some survivor on DeadcDogs right in front of the saloon, I saw a Claudette healing in the backyards. I was puzzled, as I remembered her using a toolbox, so I moved all the way over there, and lo and behold, I found here there by her moaning, still healing. Uff.

Well, she went down asap and on the hook ,>

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,320

Didn't you know? The Z wall on the edge of the map is the safest structure to self care at, lol.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

Had I known this, that Claudette would be still alive for sure :P

• playhard
    playhard Member Posts: 279

BHVR trying so hard to change nerf buffing , and all player doesnt respect them to use variative perks

This statistic perk most used event have no different with their current patch before massive changes.

get shocked but not surprised

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,320

In all fairness, this data includes usage from April. I wouldn't be surprised if spinechill for example falls off next time they release stats. Also, no matter how many perks are more useful, General perks or perks from free characters are going to be owned by more people than perks that you have to unlock.

• Xxjwaynexx
    Xxjwaynexx Member Posts: 303
    edited August 2023

TCM will be a nice change of pace for a bit but it won't kill DBD, there's just only so much you can do with the license and only so long before it gets stale unless the devs really crank out some crazy maps or killers. Don't get me wrong I'm def gonna be playing it lol but DBD is for whatever reason special in it's own right with really no contenders. As for Blight his add ons just need a rework base blight is fine. As far this year I feel they've done a pretty ok job giving their track record.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • luvcraft
    luvcraft Member Posts: 1,233

@Mandy , can we request specific stat reports?

For instance, I would love to see current average BP rewards per match for killers versus survivors, both with and without factoring in dailies and Tome challenges.

• justalilbit123
    justalilbit123 Member Posts: 190

These stats are utterly useless. If you go to nightlight and filter from the singularity patch Made For This is in the top 4 used perks.

• cburton311
    cburton311 Member Posts: 407

@Mandy Since you're asking, I'd like to see escape rates by MMR. Just a simple x-y graph, where the x axis is MMR and the y axis is average escape rates.

• VoidOfMe
    VoidOfMe Member Posts: 416

"Oh no, they took barbecue's bloodpoints, no one is gonna use that anymore, people only run it for the points"

Top 5 Barbecue & Chilli

😆

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 972

I see Lethal and Corrupt in WAY too many matches for me to believe they're that far down the list.

• thisislastyearsmodel
    thisislastyearsmodel Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 636

Surely it's not as large a part of the reason, but the perk is also locked behind a pay wall (real money or shards) so not as many people will have it, I feel.

• Sonzaishinai

Or it shows that nightlight isn't as accurate.

These stats include every single person who plays dbd. Nightlight only the ones who bother to register to nightlight.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see which one is more accurate. You just call them useless cause they don't fit your narrative

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,999

i would love to see the killer roster current pick rate

• Necrobot
    Necrobot Member Posts: 51

I'd love to see solo queue escape rate... But that won't happen I guess ^^

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,660

1) I’m curious of stats regarding how the survivor bots have affected DC rates. My theory is that the percentage of games with at least 1 DC has increased because survivors now feel less guilty about DCing, but I think the overall DC rate might be lowered because survivors might be less likely to DC when a teammate turns into a bot.

2) I'm also curious to what percentage of hits are stolen from the Forced Short M1 Attack mechanic. When a killer tries to lunge, the game validates the attack twice. The first validation checks if the killer is "too close" to a survivor, and if the killer is "too close" the game forbids the killer from lunging, and forces the killer to make a short M1 attack instead. The second validation checks if the killer actually hits the survivor, and if the survivor is too far away to be hit, then this game mechanic has stolen a hit from the killer, because the killer could have gotten the hit if the game had allowed them to lunge.

The reason why I'm curious about the Forced Short M1 Attack mechanic, because I think it steals a lot of hits from killers, but people don't talk about it, because they aren't even aware this mechanic is in the game. And I think 360s trigger this mechanic often enough that it actually affects game balance. I also notice this mechanic happening more often when the game latency is high, and I'm wondering if the first validation is happening on the killer side (instead of server side), and the second validation is happening on the server side, which would cause game latency to largely affect how often this game mechanic steals hits from killers.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,432

I don't disagree that it causes issues, but i think there is a bigger thing people are ignoring. Context is always important when you look at data like this. Part of it is the date range, and MFT not existing for half of it. The other part is that this is for ALL players and not broken down by MMR. So there's a few things to note:

1st, MFT didn't exist for half of the time that the data recorded there was collected.

2nd, MFT is tied to a new survivor.

3rd, this data covers ALL players, not just top MMR, as evidence by how high self-care is (come on now)

4th, actually look at all of the survivor perks in the top 10 and how you get them.

• Windows of Opportunity - The biggest outlier, but probably the most "noob friendly" perk in the game
    • Adrenaline - A free perk that every survivor has access to
    • Resilience - A free perk that every survivor has access to
    • Lithe - A perk on Feng min, by far the most played survivor in the game (should be obvious based how many skins she gets)
    • Self-Care - A perk on a survivor that every player has access to
    • Sprint Burst - A perk on a survivor that every player has access to
    • Prove Thyself - A perk on a survivor that every player has access to
    • Dead Hard - A perk on a survivor that you are given access to after completing the tutorial
    • Bond - A perk on a survivor that every player has access to
    • Spine Chill - A free perk that every survivor has access to

Additionally, windows and Lithe both appeared in the shrine shortly before this date range happened, and once again during the date range the data was collected.

Almost all of these perks are accessible to players who haven't bought anything other than the base game. So if anything, the only interesting thing here is how much of an outlier windows of opportunity is.

In fact, the most useful statistic would be pick rates, broken down by MMR, and adjusted for OWNING those perks. Because i'd guess a ton of these "5 hour megs" don't have MFT to begin with.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

Region is also why certain perks are higher than others. Previously when Self Care was shown to still be a top pick the devs said its because on Asia servers it is still wicked popular due to their playstyle.

• Sonzaishinai

Yeah, how available perks are also plays a huge factor.

Unless they become more specific these stats don't say much. Fun to know bit not something to draw conclussions from

• th3syst3m
    th3syst3m Member Posts: 394

How about you share solo survivor escape rates when all 4 survivors are solo? That would be a good laugh.

• lucidlux
    lucidlux Member Posts: 56
    edited August 2023

It's not too far off of what nightlight.gg is showing for their community driven stats over the last 14 days. Any stats are welcome even if we disagree on if stats from April should hold the same weight as stats from matches yesterday. I think it would be amazing if BHVR would put up an actual site where players could get official statistics from instead of having to rely on 3rd party sites.

Post edited by lucidlux on
  • DBDFreddyK
    DBDFreddyK Member Posts: 123

Awesome more killer nerfs incoming because something is worth using... Can't wait.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447

By any chance could we get a peak at the current Killer pickrate data? 👀

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,743

I'd like to see those picks by platform as well.

I'll get us started though: TWINS 0.31%

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

out of curiosity can we see stats of the top 10 lowest used perks in the game for both sides?

• Snowball777
    Snowball777 Member Posts: 143

Don't think this is an excuse to not nerf Made For This, I don't care if it's the least picked perk in the game.

Nerf it.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Can we see survivor pick rates? Minus the free ones so we know which are most popular picks

Also is there really no plan to let our games collect and show us our stats like Nightlight does? At least something for console players please

• roundpitt
    roundpitt Member Posts: 578

I've been keeping count, and on average, three out of four survivors run the new perk that gives you +3% movement speed. Idk why that's not even listed here.

75% is really high.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

Can we get kill rate and pick rate of singularity on decently high MMR?

• SilverShamrock
    SilverShamrock Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 10

Hard agree on all thee above. Yet, I would be surprised to see anything released that could potentially reinforce the claims of hook camping, tunneling etc.

To add to what you had mentioned, I’d be curious to see the stats on how often survivors are killing themselves on the hook. It seems like the majority of the games I’ve played in recently this happens once if not more. I usually see it right away if someone is caught and hooked within the first minute of the game. I’ve noticed it happens more with certain killers as well.

I’d also be interested in what percentage of player reports are actually handled, and result in some sort of disciplinary action.

• SilverShamrock
    SilverShamrock Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 10

I would be willing to bet Wesker, Blight, and Nurse are somewhere in the top five 😎