Numerous Survivor healing perks... no status recovery perks?

Options

One of the more odd things I find about perks in DbD is outside of Vigil, there are basically no status recovery perks for Survivor.

Now granted you have to be careful, there are some status effects that if you build in counters, you can totally butcher certain killers/make broken combos. E.g. Ghostface dies if you screw up exposed effects, and exhausted/broken shouldn't ever be messed with, but there is potential for other statuses to be something survivors can combat.

There are a buttload of perks that go off the healing action, with various levels of usefulness, and typically their unique benefits tend to fall into camps of: -

• Faster healing speed in some form. E.g. Botany Knowledge, Noone Left Behind, Boon: Circle of Healing, Self Care, Autodiadect, We'll Make It, Desperate Measures, Solidarity, This Is Not Happening, We're Gonna Live Forever, Resurgence, Resilience.
  • Temporary action related buff to self and/or healed ally. E.g. Better Than New, Teamwork: Collective Stealth, Renewal.
  • Temporary positive status effect for self and/or healed ally. E.g Buckle Up, Made For This, Lucky Break, Teamwork: Power of Two, Soul Guard.

As you can see, there are A LOT of healing speed increasing perks... one could argue too many, as they are all competing for the same benefit... but none have any interactions with statuses...

It may be interesting to see is Survivor perks and item add ons related to status removal: -

• Grant blindness/oblivious status immunity/removal on perks when completing certain actions.
  • Buff one of the numerous healing perks to bypass Mangled.
  • Buff one those perks to disable haemorrhage for 60 seconds, or increase the speed of the Mending actions vs. Deep Wound.
  • Perks/addons to grant immunity for 60s to certain statuses.
  • Hell you could go nuts and make a torch addon that can remove blindness/oblivious from allies... it'd be dumb, but funny xD

Point is Survivor's don't really have much in regards to combat statuses, and having options to do so could see a little more diversity in healing perks choices if you REALLY don't want a certain effect, such as blind on a WoO build.

Comments

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,931
    Options

there is good reason for that. it is because certain powers use certain status effects. for example, a perk that makes you immune to status effects like Hindered could hard-counter clown's pink bottles and freddy snares. perks disabling main ability is an issue that wants to be avoided as it was a problem with trapper's traps with sabotage & small game. freddy grants oblivious when in dream world. being immune to oblivious could result in you hearing heartbeat of the killer. they want to avoid certain perks interacting with killer powers in an unintended way.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,572
    edited August 2023
    Options

The debuffs exposed, exhausted and hindered wouldn't be touched.

But for the others, having a perk to deny them wouldn't be too strong, imo. You can still adjust such deny-debuff effects to work only on timed effects, instead of generally. So you could have a perk that denies timed obliviousness, but not interferes with Freddys kit. Although I think Freddys obliviousness is not such a big deal, since he has a very audible lullaby, so you don't really lose anything.

Such deny-debuff perks would most certainly not be used on their own (who takes out their meta perk for one anti-blindess perk, when the killer may not even have any blindness effect), so I think they would need a small, additional effect. It would still not be meta, but at least would give you a small benefit on their own.

Somthing like this:

////////////////////

Sharp eyes

You are immune to Blindness.

You see the killer with a white outline in a 64m/96m/128m radius around you.

------------------

A general blindness protection would hard counter things like Third Seal and Pigs addon. Not too busted imo. The white outline would make it harder to miss the killer, some kind of anti-stealth. The range restriction is neglectable, its just to have different perk tiers.

////////////////////

Medic

You are immune to Hemorrhage.

You don't leave any pools of blood (when healed for at least 1%), and your pools of blood vanish 1/2/3 seconds faster.

------------------

For the perk to have any use against Sloppy, it needs to have general Hemo protection. Not leaving pools of blood was the original Lucky Break effect, but this one is unlimited. But it comes with the caveat that you have to heal for at least a tiny bit to activate it, so like you having to stop the bleeding first. I find that very fitting for a perk named "Medic" ^^.

////////////////////

Thick bones

You are immune to Mangled and Hindered.

You move 3%/2%/1% slower and cannot fast vault.

------------------

Full on mangled and hindered protection, but comes with a significant downside of being easier to catch (very matching if you have "thick bones" ^^)

////////////////////

Man of steel

You are immune to Broken.

You can partially heal other survivors through broken, up to 70%/80%/90%.

------------------

Broken immunity would counter Plagues infection. It that was too much, you could change Plague infection to automatically injure if broken is not possible. Then it would be essentially the same (healing up when fully infected would instantly make you injured again). For the additional effect, I didn't have a better idea :-/.

////////////////////

Just some ideas I had about such status immunity perks ...

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,390
    Options

I feel broken is in the don't touch camp, along with exhaustion and exposed. As I say, you have to be really careful, however I feel like careful use of more general statuses has potential...

E.g. Healing with <perk> the Haemorrhage timer is paused, and the effect of Haemorrhage is disabled for 30s.

E.g. A medkit addon that bypasses Mangled but gets half the additional heal charges.

E.g. When blinded, your aura reading range is limited to 12m instead of being disabled. (I'd call that Sixth Sense... has cool locker potential).

Taking a restrained approach could see some pretty interesting perks pop up.

• CaulDrohn
    Options

If just the partial heal perks (Resurgence, Reactive Healing, Solidarity) had some kind of Hemo protection, that would be really nice.

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729
    Options

Maybe have an effect like the BNPs where your heal bar is reduced?

or Sloppy Butcher is removed when hooked?

• CaulDrohn
    Options

A reduced bar might work yeah, but don't know how easily such a thing is implemented. It has to be reset once fully healed, and it has to be adaptive for perks like Solidarity. So the easier way might be to just ignore Hemo after all for this perks.

Sloppy being removed on hook might be another solution, but that would only work 100% for Resurgence, the other partial heal perks would still be hit when not freshly off hook.