The Tome Level Restriction

Options
Lascivious_Demon
Lascivious_Demon Member Posts: 4
edited August 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

What is up with this new tome BS where they wait to unlock the next level of challenges after a certain amount of days. I just waisted 2 days trying to complete the challenges for the survivor only to find out they're gatekeeping the next level after 4 freaking days. It certainly makes no sense as to why they would do this with the Scorching BBQ update, mind you its only availablefor 11 days. Now I gotta wait 4 friggin days. Someone needs to fix this!

Post edited by EQWashu on

Answers

• GroßusSchmiedus
    GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 456
    edited August 2023
    Options

Welcome to 2023 Gaming where everything now adopted the ######### of mobile games from a decade ago.

There is no reason why a battle-pass shouldn't be permanent and be bought,chosen and unlocked at the time the player choses. But publishers love FOMO and gatekeeping and many brain-washed players sadly think that owning limited skins will increase their cock size somehow and will pretend any suggestion to remove it is a personal attack.

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729
    Options

It's to keep the player count afloat for months, duh. (Sort of like a job you do after your actual job)

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,932
    Options

So players don't grind it all out in the first day then stop playing for the remaining 2 weeks of the event.

Avoiding a drop in player count isn't just to make their figures look good, the game becomes unplayable without enough players filling queues.

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,979
    Options

Really?, I thought it was because they only work on it one page at a time