Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Machine Learning change

Machine learning currently only allows you to mark 1 generator, I think it should work like eruption and allow you to mark as many generators as you kick, and then when one of them is complete, all the marks go away and the perk deactivates.

The problem is you might mark a generator and a different generator gets completed, or you have to kick a second generator and the previous one you kicked gets completed. You have to constantly worry about this perk and whether or not you should kick a new generator, or not. So on top of the limited possible uses you can even get from machine learning, you might mark the wrong generator and miss a chance to even get value from the perk. Currently it is a perk the killer runs, and they want survivors to finish the marked generator, which is counterproductive to the killer goal of defending the generators.

With the change to make it similar to eruption, you won't have to constantly worry about which generator the survivors are going to do next. Also it will no longer be a perk that you run when you want survivors to complete marked generators, and instead will be a perk to help the killer after they lose a generator.

Comments

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,176
    edited August 2023

what if the perk worked like wiretap and blast mine where it has progress bar. you kick gens and once progress bar fills up, the perk activates then deactivates. once a generator is completed, the perk reactivates and you can refill progress bar to trigger it again. the progress bar could be something 50% progress on the generator.

Post edited by Devil_hit11 on
  • yandere_gamer
    yandere_gamer Member Posts: 27

If you mean the generator you kick has to regress to the equivalent of 50%, that means you would be waiting 180 seconds before the perk activates at the earliest it can. It would basically require bringing along regression perks to go along with it, such as call of brine or pop goes the weasel. And even with these you would still be waiting a long time, although I think this idea is a good one too. You would still have to hope however that no gen gets activated before you filled the progress bar up. I think that 180 seconds of charging the perk, only for 30 seconds of use, and then waiting for a generator to get done before you can use the perk again, is way too much waiting and not enough value, so maybe adjusting the numbers could make your idea more viable.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,176
    edited August 2023

Free from your shackles, you are born anew and prepared to eliminate your creators.

Performing the Damage Generator Action on a generator compromises a generator. Only one generator may be compromised. Generator that are compromised are highlighted in yellow. Damaging another generator compromises the most recent damaged generator.

when survivors that repair the compromised generator up to a total of 75%/65%/50% generator progression. The generator no longer becomes compromised. killer is granted 5/7/10% haste effect and undetectable for 30 seconds.

Upon successful activation Machine Learning deactivates until the next generator is completed.

Post edited by Devil_hit11 on
  • ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 938

I would keep the effect the same but make it easy to apply.

Instead off: Kick a gen, perk trigger, go kick another gen, gen give you buff. Then again kick gen to trigger perk etc..

To: Last gen you kick is compromised.

Still have no really sinergy with kicking gen perks because you want to leave 1 specific gen compromised, not kick a lot of gens.

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800

i think your idea is awesome i have been wanting to ask for a machine learning change as well cuz it's a chore to try to get value from this perk.

either that or they do the progress idea too and remove the kick gen then kick another gen to activate requirement.