Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I did a Sadako Experiment and want your thoughts

Sadako Experiment: How many Condemned in 32 Matches? (It was supposed to be 30 and I accidentally did 2 extra but more data never hurt anyone)

Answer: 41

The rules were I had to play normal, no camping/slugging/tunneling to secure condemned. If they were downed, they were hooked.

I started off thinking she was going to need the slowdown based on how she had been since release. Within 6 matches I realized she was doing too well. The next 2 I dropped down to only Jolt and that felt more fair. Then I started to wonder if she even needed that.

So for the next 11 matches I played with 0 slowdown perks and only counted on my condemned stacks to keep the game at pace. My findings were, she performed fairly well without any slowdown other than her basekit condemned stacking. I wondered why this was?

There were matches where gens still went fairly fast without slowdown, but in those matches, they didn't manage their condemned well and pretty soon they were instantly dead. In the matches where they steadily managed their condemned, they couldn't keep up on gen progress.

However, realistically, we weren't going to see Sadako's without at least some slowdown and I wanted an accurate picture. So I threw on Jolt to see how much better she performed. Out of the last 13 matches, only 3 resulted in all 4 survivors escaping.

Those 3 matches were actually incredibly difficult and the teams did exceptionally well at not becoming condemned while simultaneously pushing out gens rather quickly. So, what does this mean?

Well, it means what it typically does for most killers in the game. Against normal teams, Sadako is actually quite oppressive and requires a decent amount of coordination to overcome. However, against a coordinated team, she can still struggle quite hard.

I'm aware that experiments like these, especially with 32 matches of data, are a rather small drop in the bucket, but I was looking to see how consistent her condemned mechanic came into play and it's definitely went from rarely seeing it, to seeing it almost every match.

And even when you don't see it, the threat of it will usually play into your favor. I didn't use iridescent add-ons. The one I used for every match was the "spread condemned to other surv" add-on. I also didn't use super oppressive perks.

In conclusion, I think Sadako might be slightly overtuned but not to a busted level. I would put her at high B-Tier or low A-tier if I were to rank her. 

What do you guys think? What has your experience been like? Is she too strong? Has she finally found her groove?

Comments