Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Merciless Storm issues with scroll wheel up

nitelite
nitelite Member Posts: 2

Have over 200 hours in the game and haven’t been able to hit a merciless skill check since I’ve rebinded the space bar to scroll wheel up. Unfortunately my keyboard does not have n-key rollover which does not allow me to throw down a pallet while sprinting or fast vault while sprinting which forces me to use the scroll wheel for my action button.

I’m unsure if this is just a legitimate skill issue or something is buggy that does not allow to hit merciless storm skill checks. If anyone is able to reproduce this in a custom game, rebinding the action key to scroll wheel up, please let me. Unfortunately I don’t have any friends that play dead by daylight. I will post a video in time if I face any merciless users today.

1 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.

Comments

• thisislastyearsmodel
    thisislastyearsmodel Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 636

Maybe this is a stupid question, but can you not just rebind those commands to space bar?

• nitelite
    nitelite Member Posts: 2

Not a stupid question. My keyboard is unfortunately not built for gaming. Many “work” keyboards don’t have n-key rollover. Not a techie but it’s apparently a keyboards ability to handle multiple inputs. Holding W+shift (sprint) while then clicking space (to drop a pallet or vault for example) is impossible because the keyboard will only recognize the sprinting action or the space action. Can’t do both at the same time. Only way to remedy this is to rebind the action button to something where this concept doesn’t occur (scroll wheel was the most convenient for me) or be fine with having to stop at every pallet and then fast vault afterwards which leads to a lot of unnecessary hits or medium vaults. I plan on getting a new one over break.

• thisislastyearsmodel
    thisislastyearsmodel Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 636

Hey, I appreciate the time you took to explain! I'm a console player (I know, I know) so I understand the uh.. let's say, inconvenience that can come with a limited number of bindable options.

Best of luck with getting a new one. You'll be looping Otzdarva for 5 gens in no time : D