Lucky Star is quite bad

Options
AhoyWolf
AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
edited August 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

What does it do?

Makes you silent for the first 10 seconds while hidden in the Locker and for some reason hides your bloodstains for the same duration.

After leaving the Locker you see the closest Generator and all Survivors.

What are the issues?

Lucky Star doesn't remove the blood that you leave behind when entering the Locker, so the Killer will most likely still easily find you even tho you don't leave any grunts of pain.

Even if the Killer came too late so your blood is already gone, the Perk's effects is also most likely gone too...

Seeing other Survivors after getting out of the Locker is nice, but I do not understand the 30 seconds cooldown, it's really long for a Perk that makes you go out of your way to use it, since Lockers aren't the best after all.

The Perk could be much better and way more fun, but it suffers from the classic long cooldown and short duration.

I gave a suggesstion to rework this Perk on the PTB feedback forum which would keep the spirit of the Perk while also removing the cooldown and keeping the effects mostly the same, but I guess it wasn't seen at all or BHVR just didn't like it, which makes me quite sad :( (or there just wasn't enough time to rework the Perk idk)

Hope this Perk gets reworked, because I don't see it being used currently at all.

Comments

• Boons123
    Boons123 Member Posts: 695
    Options

I don't understand the description, he says he hides your blood when entering locker, based on what you say is this a bug?

• AhoyWolf
    Options

It hides your blood ONLY while INSIDE the Locker, this effect is completely redundant, because your blood shouldn't be visible while in a Locker by default.

It doesn't hide the blood that you left before entering the Locker, so the Killer can still follow it and deduce that you're in it pretty easily.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,743
    edited August 2023
    Options

a fix would be that the perk automatically activates when your near 8 meters of locker. you can now approach locker, enter locker and stay in locker with surpressed blood and scratch marks. after you exit or leave the area, the perk goes on 30 second cooldown.

• Boons123
    Options

What? What's the point? No player, whether the killer or the survivor, sees the blood inside the locker

Where do these ideas come from?

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

I assume, by blood inside the locker they mean the bleeding that happens outside the door of the locker while inside said locker.

(although a good change would be to auto remove any blood you made from the map while you go into the locker, via magic)

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,063
    edited August 2023
    Options

Leverage is far worse and was also pointed out to be very weak and underwhelming in the Skull Merchant's PTB.

It's been months since then, but sure, let's make sure yet another perk that can undo an entire chase (if overtuned) is buffed first. 😁

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,879
    Options

The bleeding on the outside of the locker is simply what was left form the few seconds it took you to open the door.

• Boons123
    Options

I knew what this perks does now

It hides blood, scratch marks, and grunts of pain right out of the locker

The description was confusing, however, you can watch this video from the link to see how it works

https://youtu.be/MouB_sDEoPE?si=fPjEtj4LLxVjqeW-

• Hex_Maidenless
    Hex_Maidenless Member Posts: 112
    edited August 2023
    Options

The value in the perk is in the information on where your teammates are leaving a locker. The other effect is inconsequential. I don't understand how anyone could have played solo survivor in their entire lives and not understand this, but here we are, I've seen literally dozens of people on the forums completely miss the point.

Chemical Trap is honestly probably worse. It's almost impossible to set up a real in-game situation where it contributes anything other than a light-up marker for your teammates (which is still useful, but Blast Mine is straight up better in every way).

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514
    Options

All the 6 new perks are.

• AhoyWolf
    Options

The aura reveal is quite neat, don't undersrand the cooldown tho, you need to get out of your way to use it to find a teammate which is another time sink, it should be removed tbh.

• thisislastyearsmodel
    thisislastyearsmodel Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 636
    Options

I don't understand why people are complaining about perks anymore. It's pretty obvious that they're scraping the barrel for ideas at this point; they're adding perks out of necessity/habit, not because they're actually worth running.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,783
    Options

I think people are sleeping on Chem Trap. Against normal Killers you can place it after you drop before they can kick it. 50% slowdown for 4 seconds is basically a 2 second extra stun. On top of that, it is quite possible to lose chase as a result, which means no Bloodlust build up on the way to the next loop. The only problem is Xeno is kind of like a melee Huntress or Pyramid Head in the sense that pallets are a losing proposition for the Survivor, and make it on the Killer to lose instead of a normal 50/50. Its like when you get a pallet stun tome, then the game gives you Nemmys/Nurses/Deathslingers. Once we go back to normal matchmaking, getting an extra 2s 'stun' on a Blight is massive, and actually lets you hold W to the next loop instead of getting hit en route.

As far as Lucky Star, I don't know how good figuring out where people are without any type of value being added. I'd much rather have Bond/Empathy for allies, or Alert/Fogwise for the Killer, or Any Means Necessary for both plus extra utility. I'd say Lucky Star would be much better if it permanently silenced grunts of pain while injured and in a locker. AFK crows prevent wasting too much time, so this just gives you however long it takes for the Killer to stop hovering, which is usually 10-20s to kick the pallet/gen and look around the rocks.