The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Xenomorph is awful to play against

ThanksForDaily
ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304
edited August 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

My complaint is about Xenomorphs tail hits. She's the only killer in the roster that you can not tell when they're about to use their power.

Literally survivors have no indication, sound, or something when they're about to use their power, and you simply just die. They brought old Deathslinger back where you couldn't react to his power with a result of awful interaction with the killer.

It's the same with Xenomorph, "just dodge bro".

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

I somewhat agree, I don't mind that much but it is a little frustrating, I wouldn't change anything tho

• Depressedlegion
    Depressedlegion Member Posts: 326

There is a sound cue when charging the tail attack.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492

Fine add sound clue but make the attack also faster.

• GoodJobGuys92
    GoodJobGuys92 Member Posts: 102

Buff alien tail.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,583

Watching Otz as Xeno, many survivors seem to have very little problem dodging the tail.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,827

I find him surprisingly easy to dodge. You have yo predict his attacks, not react to them. It's all about mindgames.

• TheTom20
    TheTom20 Member Posts: 450

I actually had a lot of fun against alien on stream today.

• LynxRecruit
    LynxRecruit Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2023

Your comment about there being a lack of a sound cue or lack of an indication is completely untrue.

The Xenomorph has 2 sounds to audibly warn the survivors of the tail being used, one for when the tail is being charged and the other for when the tail is being swung, The window is very short, but it is entirely audible and any player who hears it has more than enough time to dodge the swing.

Along side this the Alien has a visual animation of the tail moving back to prepare for a swing before the attack is unleashed, thus unless you are not paying attention to WHAT the alien is doing or predicting what they are doing, that is NOT a problem with the killer that is a problem with you as a player.

The flame turrets have their purpose and should not be understated, each box can have up to a maximum of 5, use them, if there are multiple flame turrets on a single gen, the alien can't get them all without letting you get away.

Along side this, the tentacle is thinner than nemesis's but the room for dragging the hitbox is entirely possible, stick to loops he cannot hit you over and you will be perfectly fine, as anytime the alien commits to actually trying to swing, not only is their mouse movement restricted when the swing goes out, they are locked into a movement penalty and a long cool down.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 605

That's because the hitbox for the tail attack is completely whacked. Many times the tail attacks miss when they should have hit and vice versa. I mean, look at this...

https://youtu.be/ZNTV9aqMK_E?si=Sl6oZLF3yBt9YGGn

• LynxRecruit

There's already 2 sound cue's one for the charge and another for the attack, its entirely plausible to dodge it but you need to react fast or at least be paying attention to the alien to see the tail pulling back.

• LynxRecruit

If you aren't paying attention you will not see the tail on the alien pulling back before lunging forward, this is entirely possible to avoid, the issue is Ping in all honesty.

If the Xenomorph has chunky ping its nigh impossible to dodge the swing.

• saintjimmy456
    saintjimmy456 Member Posts: 185
    edited August 2023

The video he just uploaded where he made almost every tail hit and killed every survivor in both matches?

• RpTheHotrod
    edited August 2023

If there is a significant sound cue, then the alien player will need to have a hold option before the attack (winding up the tail). For example, you get an audio cue when huntress or deathslinger is primed to attack, but they can hold that attack and release at the right moment. The alien player currently cannot do that. The moment they hit their attack button, they are committed to the attack and can't adjust their horizontal movement. If there was a significant early warning, the tail wouldn't be a threat. You would hear it, then you simply side step since the killer cannot adjust the attack. Huntress and slinger doesn't have this issue because they can hold their attack after their audio cue warning. If the audio cue for alien gets increased, then the killer needs to be able to hold his tail attack after it is primed.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

It may be that, I'm not used to them yet so it's possible

It doesn't help that Xeno's colour scheme makes them really hard to distinquish from a lot of maps, which thematically is cool but in practice its a bit frustrating.

• RpTheHotrod

Guess I have a bug to report, then. I get locked in place on horizontal movement once the tail attack goes through. Can only move up and down.

• DarthRevan21
    DarthRevan21 Member Posts: 73

Again why not learn the counter play? He really isn't that hard to counter, just duck at a pallet. leave it to Survivor mains to whine on the forums.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,257

????? Just duck on a pallet means the same thing as drop the pallet against huntress. If you verse someone that tried to play the killer for a few hours - you will get hit 100% of times. This is the actual issue with this killer - once people learn the ability, there's 0 counterplay against him

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304

Counterplay is almost non existent. What, "wold w"? Drop a pallet, you're dead. Missing tail hit? You're dead again cause they have 0 punishment. Every killer has a penalty when they missing but not Xenomorph.

• pizzavessel15
    pizzavessel15 Member Posts: 534

there is both indication and sound lmao

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,219

The tail windup is .2s, the average human reaction time to sound is .17s, so if you have normal reflexes you get hit as long as the latency of you and the Killer summed together is more than .03s, or 30ms. I don't know about you, but I average 40ms when I get my server, and have had about 20-40% red bar Xenos so they frequently have a massive lagvantage. Also, the Xeno can just wait for you to vault the window instead, using the average visual reaction time of .25s. .25 visual reaction +.2 windup = .45s, when the Fast Vault takes .5s, so the Xeno gets the hit. Even if the Survivor has Resilience, they vault in .4587s, so they still get hit by a REACTION Xeno tail. Also mouse movement isn't restricted enough to prevent vertical drags for hits over loops, and normal WASD physical movement for greater horizontal drags. Just revert everything other than the animations to the PTB values, it was fair then.

Yeah, Zarina dodged the tail no problem here, https://youtu.be/lKZhsLge1O0?t=210. Its a shame that her outplaying Otz bought her 3-4s before she got M1'd because there is no miss slowdown worth mentioning.

• adaw0ng
    adaw0ng Member Posts: 689

I believe the tail hit will get nerfed to get a clear warning. Previously, this was an issue with Deathslinger and they changed it, so I believe and hope this will follow the same path.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,658

The only saving grace of Xeno’s tail attack is that it doesn’t have a super obvious telegraphed warning. It’s so clunky and awful to aim Xeno’s tail attack, that Xeno would be a complete waste of a killer if the tail attack was nerfed.

Dead hard still doesn’t give ANY telegraphed warning, so it’s fine for things to be in this game, without a super obvious telegraphed warning. And Deathslinger was given a telegraphed warning because his M2 hitbox is super reliable, super responsive, and super easy to aim. When I use Deathslinger’s M2, I know exactly where the hitbox is. But with Xeno, I’ve seen many streamers miss an M2, and then say “I feel like that should have hit”, because Xeno’s hitbox is so clunky and unreliable that there’s many times where it really feels like it should hit, but in reality it doesn’t hit.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Unlike killers like huntress Xeno gets countered by turrets. It’s on the survivor to play around the counterplay they are given

If you are in a loop without turrets it’s no different than being in a deadzone against bubba. You got outplayed or played poorly since you are out of position

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,113

that change destroyed slinger. i hope no other killer goes through that type of change. balancing around bad players will make the killer weak.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,583

No, the live stream where you don't get only the "good" bits.

• DarthRevan21
    DarthRevan21 Member Posts: 73

Get Good. lmao predrop pallet and duck, most loops in this game are safe asf for survivor anyway, so 6/10 Xeno wont hit you.

• Morbid
    Morbid Member Posts: 24

This is the only ranged killer that doesn't have a windup like Huntress, Slinger, Pyramid Head etc. Xeno's tail is like Huntress shooting hatchets without bringing her arm up. Whoever animated Xeno needs to add a tail windup before the attack and maybe a hiss like Demo does when he holds his shred. You shouldn't have to predict when the power is going to come out. There should be a visualiser. This is coming from an equal survivor and killer player. Whenever I play him I 4k whenever I go against him I almost always die.

• Anti051
    Anti051 Member Posts: 606

I'd like to recommend that if you play survivor, step into the role viewing each killer as a unique challenge; a different flavor of the same nightmare that will throw you into the shithouse if you screw up.

Respectfully, it's feeling like a few folks lately are viewing the killer like it's supposed to be some sort of fun times vending machine with 4 people in line to push it's buttons every match and skip off with treats 🤔