The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The Xenomorph Queen posing in the menu is misleading.

https://twitter.com/Springey_/status/1696827710377435145?s=20

The model should not be scaled down that much, many were led to believe they would be playing with that towering killer to which in actuality was only slightly bigger than the default Xenomorph.

I understand the implications of having a skin that reduces your stealth and increases visibility by such a significant margin, but this was not a problem for another legendary skin, as William Birkin for The Blight increased his size significantly. Ultimately, it should be a conscious decision made by the player.

Comments

• Snowball777
    Snowball777 Member Posts: 143

This is true, the size is not the same in game as it is in the lobby, and the lobby should either be updated or they need to allow players to play full sized Xeno Queen in actual games.

Feels a bit misleading imo, a bit scummy to deceive players like this.

• adaw0ng
    adaw0ng Member Posts: 688

I honestly can't tell if y'all are baiting or actually mean what is being said. Nobody thought the killer would be as massive as she looks like in the lobby, like she literally would not fit in the basement nor corridors. I refuse to believe anybody truly thought the size would be that big in-game LMAO. So unserious.

• Snowball777
    Snowball777 Member Posts: 143

Then why advertise it as such? This is the first instance I have seen of a cosmetic being different in the lobby than in game, many people have likely purchased Xenomorph Queen because they thought they would get to play as her at full size as she is shown when hovering over her in the store.

• SanelyOsp
    SanelyOsp Member Posts: 69

I don't understand the problem? The post you linked itself says it appears to be bigger but it's just due to the stance. You can even see it in that image, the mouth, legs, torso, feet, tail are all the same size, if a bit broader on Queen.

Xeno just uses the same stance as in-game for the lobby, which is a bit hunched, but the Queen's knees are stretched instead of bent, and her head crest makes her seem even bigger. That's it.

• adaw0ng

I just can't believe you are being serious right now, I am sorry.

• Lyn
    Lyn Member Posts: 12
    edited August 2023

Has there been any comment from BHVR about this? I was only willing to pay $15 for a legendary skin of basically the same character because I believed they were much larger.

I feel very mislead paying that much and being given a different look than what was in the store. I don't see why we shouldn't be able to use the larger size because as everyone said it is strictly a disadvantage if anything. :/

• adaw0ng

You could literally fully block corridors and the basement. Please, let's be serious for 2 seconds. The skin is amazing as is.

• SanelyOsp

There's nothing to comment, it's literally the same size even in the lobby. It SAYS SO in the linked tweet. The only difference is the pose and the much larger head piece. Everything else is the same as base Xenomorph, she just looks taller because she's standing up straighter in the character selection while having the same animations as the other skins during matches.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,821

I honestly thought they were going to go with a praetorian - a royal guard. Big and lumbering, but nowhere near a queen size.

• misxnthrpz
    misxnthrpz Member Posts: 4

The entire point of a Killer skin is to be purely cosmetic, there's no reason why they couldn't maintain her lobby size and make the hitboxes more generous in favor of gameplay. This game is pretty outdated the way it is, some clipping here and there is completely passable.

• adaw0ng

It would be hell for readability. It would feel awful to play against, and probably as as well. Again, the skin is awesome as it is. This happens in every game and it's for the sake of gameplay and comfort.

• misxnthrpz
    misxnthrpz Member Posts: 4

"Appears to be" and "Makes her seem"

That's my problem. It should not appear to be a particular size due to the posing. It should be that same size.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    edited August 2023

I'm not sure I understand the problem tbh.

There's nothing misleading about the Queen having a difference stance, if you can't tell it's the same model standing straighter from the lobby i don't know what to tell you, it's not like they put her closer to make her seem bigger or anything. The queen is thicker and has a massive head, which both make her bigger in the lobby and in-game.

I don't get why you're disappointed that the model isn't actually bigger (besides the head), when the result is the same and works well enough that you somehow didn't even realize until you were shown a side by side comparison.

If you're worried that she doesn't actually seem bigger than Xeno from the survivor PoV, I can assure you she does.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,844
    edited August 2023

Her head crest already clips through a lot of doorways

• Archael
    Archael Member Posts: 814

I was thinking about this cosmetic. Looks great, like actual Queen. I didnt thought she will be as massive as in films (she would stuck in shack doors), but i thought she will be bigger than base Xenomorph. Maybe have some different animations. But if its not the case, then this cosmetic is hurting her royality.

• SanelyOsp

That sounds like a personal problem, tbh

She's just standing up straighter, like Annso_x says, she's not even deliberately closer to the screen.

It's not like every single cosmetic has to match the in-game model's animations, capabilities or stances. Almost none of them do. Demogorgon goes on all fours, Pinhead shoots four chains at once, Wesker shoots a giant tendril forward, Dredge pulls out Maurice and Sadako spawns a well that's never seen during matches.

That's not deceiving, it's just more flair for the lobby screen. If anything the Queen's one of the lesser offenders of this. She just doesn't flex her knees as much as the other skins, that's it.