Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Invisibility Glitch, possibly cheat?

Espelix
Espelix Member Posts: 2
edited August 2023 in Bug Reporting

Hi, so as today (31.08.2023) near 3 am Europe Time I've encountered a strange (if we believe survivor) glitch which made him invisible. I'm playing on PC, at the end game chat he said that If I want to he can add me, later on some account did so I'd say he's also on pc.

As for description, all that I can say is in the video. I just spotted the player while he was spinning on the gen, and interacting with other objects in the game (as pallets, possibly other gems, lockers etc.). While doing so, his avatar was still "repairing" the generator but spinning, and he himself was invisible. I do not know the steps to reproduce neither did I encounter it earlier. He was playing on streamer mode and the account that later added me on steam was fully private. When I wanted to accept it, I saw that the invite was canceled. I also made in game report so it should be somewhere in your base to.

If you need me to post better quality video, it's possible though it will take me some time as my internet is not that great. For now, I add link to it here.

Also, If I did some steps on forum wrong, I apologize. I tried to take a look how to properly add this kind of thing, but it is my first time and I'm still not sure if I've done everything correctly.

Post edited by Mandy on
5 votes

Duplicate · Last Updated

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,175

I had this same thing happen to me while I was playing the Singularity on PS4. A Yui was shown as stuck on the gen, but she was running around me invisible while leaving scratch marks, slowing me down with collision, and activating chase.

• Jennuflect
    Jennuflect Member Posts: 3

I noticed the Ace had wiretap. I wonder if there is something wrong with gen trap perks. Maybe it’s similar to this post: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/389769/pc-character-disconnected-from-model-after-using-blast-mine#latest

• drifter
    drifter Member Posts: 10

It’s a bug with blast mine, from what I’ve seen letting go of the gen, then placing it then letting go again disconnects your character and makes you invisible.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,248

The same has happened sporadically with me. It probably happens 1 in 3 games, or 1/5-10 Blast Mines. Sometimes when I place the trap and sprint off, I leave a 'ghost' behind at the gen, and my camera still can move., but my model follows my camera, not the 'ghost'. I don't know what resets the 'ghost', but it seems to fix itself if the player decides to actually play in the match (aka hook save/heal/work gens). It seems silly that placing the trap and running off (the primary use of the perk) is what seems to activate the bug.

• Espelix
    Espelix Member Posts: 2

You all say that it is glitch with blast mine, I've checked the recording to see if he had this perk and well, he did so probably it is the cause

This discussion has been closed.