If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

MFT is now the 2nd most picked perk on Nightlight

Options

Must only be because it's "fun", and that statistic says nothing about its actual performance. Yep, that's gotta be it. MFT is certainly fair and balanced. We must NOT nerf MFT. No sir.

Comments

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 421
    Options

It's gotten to the point where killers have their profile names set to "<killer name>becauseMFT" and of course they all hard tunnel.

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 500
    Options

Probably

But also, I find sad that only survivor got these kind of "meme" perks... Killer don't have one... Or it's only because you make some combo

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

I think it's because killer perks are supposed to be more powerful than survivors' because there's only 4 of them against 16 for survivors every trial, so survivors can spare funny perks whereas killer perks are supposed to be strong, and those which aren't are just bad. Although, I would love an equivalent of the Cage chapter for killers so we can have meme perks too

• ryz
    ryz Member Posts: 25
    Options

do i really have to write how easily it is to get BL? just press W on a loop for 20 seconds. didnt know i had to write it.

and imagine you dont even need a perk for it, but can you tell me why you ignored the rest of it? no arguments? typical.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,066
    Options

I think it stacking with hope is fine survivors made it to endgame so they deserve it. Killer can bring noed to counter it too.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,157
    Options

master strategist right there

i would use my abilities to get closer or even just hit them

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,066
    Options

You should know given your profile picture. I have downed adrealine, hope, mft users even without noticing they have some of those perks with noed. So if you're scared of that combo bring noed it should at worst give you few downs.

Ideally you kill one survivor at least before endgame as otherwise even noed probably can't save you. If you get 2 downs in 3vs1. 3K is almost quaranteed if you can chase last one away. Well one change for noed could be good to make that 4% speed boost pernament.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

I use it cuz the picture cuz I like the icon I don't use NOED cuz it's awful but nice ad hominem lmao.

And like good luck getting two downs before doors are open or 99'd when everyone is 110% and your NOED has an average uptime of 20-30 seconds. Unless you're using Blight, Nurse, Artist, Spirit it isn't happening.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,857
    Options

I'm not entirely against it, I've downed people using them as Pig, but 10% is certainly impactful. I wouldn't want them to be entirely unstackable, but maybe have Hope nerfed a little to 5% maybe.

• dbdthegame
    dbdthegame Member Posts: 699
    Options

No, the perk itself is beyond busted. 20% extra distance makes up for so many misplays. The perk needs a top-down rework.

How about we make a perk for killers where they get an extra 5% permanent speedboost if there's two gens left?

Sounds like you played against my Blight yesterday. I had my name as BlightBecauseMFT. Although I didn't tunnel anyone but I did play very sweaty.

Some killer powers are unusable around certain tiles and become an active hinderance. And 3% is 20% of 15, hence the 20% figure... It's also 30% of 10%, so it's technically 30% against 110 killers. Bloodlust doesn't exist to make up for the existence of MFT, it exists to make up for ultra safe map design, which MFT exacerbates.

Self-Care is only "bad" against Sloppy. I hate the "haha self care bad" meme. Self Care is slower on aggregate than an altruistic heal (40s vs 32s) but doesn't require a rotate to heal you, nor does it require two people to be together, with one of them being injured. It lets someone reset in a vacuum. The only reason why Self Care was ever "bad" was because COH was broken.

Don't forget prerunning 10 hours in advance as soon as a TR is heard because God forbid a killer should have to hold W for less than 30 seconds to even catch up to a survivor.

Let me make the same argument for something survivors complain about. Ahem,

Alchemist's Ring IS all rush tokens recovered. But all rush tokens recovered can mean anything depending on how that chase is managed. So many players just play like bots and bump formulaicly instead of using proper bump logic or even flicking properly.

Alchemist's Ring isn't "free" like many survivors are arguign, nor is it quite as OP as survivors make it out to be. It's still a very strong addon, but in practice, playing Blight as an M1 killer is more effective. I've seen many, many Alchemist's Ring users whiff their rushes over and over again right as they're about to hit me, or even keep using their power over and over again and whiff when they could have forced the pallet down much sooner by holding down W, screwing themselves over so much more.

Is the point evident now? An overpowered mechanic is only overpowered in the hands of someone who isn't a complete bot. Arguing "most players are bad" is arguing in bad faith. We don't balance the game around the lowest common denominator, we balance it around the level where players are playing somewhat competently and have a general idea of how to loop/chain tiles. In this scenario, MFT is so broken as a chase extender against any killer without a proper chase power.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,040
    Options

That wouldn't be the killer equivalent, though.

The killer equivalent would be something like a conditional 4% speed increase with an additional effect, that still requires good play to be used effectively and survivors have control over removing. Come to think of it, that sounds pretty familiar...

The actual main effect of the perk, conditional and counterable 3% speed increase, is strong but acceptable. It's all the extra stuff on top that makes the perk far too overtuned, and warrants some addressing on BHVR's part. Some of that is going to look like changing the perk itself, but I'd also argue that improving the counter-pick perks and addons would be a good direction to look in general, not just for MFT.

• dbdthegame
    Options

NOED is the killer equivalent for MFT? But wait, I thought NOED was the killer equivalent for Adrenaline as an endgame second chance perk??

Killers have control over removing MFT? Enlighten me, how does one do this?

I keep saying this every time someone says "b-but 3% isn't even that bad" and no one wants to take me up on it. Do you wanna 1v1 on Coal Tower Trapper? You use any exhaust you want, I'll use MFT.

• jesterkind
    Options

To be clear, I don't actually think NOED is the killer equivalent of MFT, because I don't think killer has or needs a direct counterpart. It'd be hard to replicate MFT's conditions on the killer side anyway. I would say NOED is the killer equivalent of Adrenaline, though, it lines up too nicely not to be. My point in bringing that up was to point out that there's already a perk that almost does what you were describing there, and that it lines up with the abstract elements of MFT - conditional, removable, extra effect - nicer. The two perks aren't actually that similar because that example of yours isn't really comparable to MFT to begin with.

The killer has control over removing MFT through Exhaustion and, technically, Exposed, though that second one will only work once. To head off a potential goalpost shift- I'm well aware that current anti-Exhaustion tools are a little hit or miss, which is why I suggested improving them.

Why would I play Trapper? He's already a weak killer that struggles, and it'd only be through luck that I play him in public matches anyway. Wouldn't the more appropriate experiment (assuming we're even of comparable skill, which we have no way of knowing) be for the killer player to play whoever they actually play more frequently? This is of course setting aside that 1v1s aren't the most realistic way of testing these things since a 1v1 survivor player doesn't have to worry about preserving resources or running the killer away from generators mid-repair.

• dbdthegame
    Options

I agree. Killers shouldn't have an MFT equivalent. And neither should survivors.

So hang on. Killers need to run 1) regression/slowdown to actually stand a chance 2a) addons/perks to amplify their power in chase OR 2b) chase perks to stand a chance without a chase power 3) info perks to counter super immersed survivors 4) exhaustion addons/perks to counter the POSSIBILITY of survivors bringing MFT (reminds me an awful lot of COH where killers should just "bring Shattered Hope").

But wait, on top of this, killers shouldn't 1) tunnel, whether because OTR/DS/DH exists or because any made up rulebook where survivors are the only ones allowed to play to win 2) camp because Reassurance/Kinship/Deliverance and because hooks grabs are gone anyways 3) slug because Unbreakable, Expo, and FTP/Buckle Up/Soul Guard/MFT.

And then people complain they're running into a lot of Blight/Wesker/Spirit/Nurses...

You should play Trapper because he's a pure M1 killer, with pure mindgame skill expression on both sides (less so on mine because haha 3% faster). Or are you admitting M1 killers get ######### on by MFT?

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

Killers should be applying pressure throughout the match but if all 4 survivors make it to endgame, killers do have contingency perks to help them: NOED, No Way Out, Bloodwarden, Fired Up, etc.

• jesterkind
    Options

I feel like the shortest answer I can give to all that is just... no? No, you don't have to run all that.

You can, if you want to, but you can do perfectly well without any one of those. You don't need slowdown, it just helps. You can run whatever addons you want, and chase perks similarly help but aren't required. Game sense can provide a good 90% of the benefits that info perks can provide, but also, I get it; you'll pry my info perks out of my cold dead hands, they're a lot of fun.

As for anti-Exhaustion, unless I missed an update where all the current Exhaustion perks were put on a timer instead, any of those you run will help with the others, to some degree. That's why I like the idea of improving them, if they're worth running survivors might rethink some of their perk choices as they think about whether they want to gamble on facing anti-Exhaustion.

(It's also not required to face MFT, it just, again... helps. That's a bit of a theme, you may notice.)

Killers can totally tunnel or camp if they want to, they're legitimate elements of the game. Of course, because they're legitimate elements of the game, they should be balanced as such and survivors should be able to answer them, right? So the current tools to do that are, if anything, too lacking. It might be considered poor sportsmanship to do either in some circumstances, but nothing's actually stopping you.

I'm not admitting anything, my friend, I just don't see what stripping out half of the game proves. On your end, you're going to perform better because you can use all the resources on the map and don't have to care about positioning relative to your teammates (or for that matter, running into deadzones your teammates created earlier), and on my end... I cut out using my power and cut out showcasing any real macro gameplay. Don't you think that's kind of setting MFT up to look fantastic by putting it in the literal best possible scenario for its use? It doesn't seem like a particularly honest experiment to run if we're trying to ascertain the perk's meaningful strength in actual games, not least because it'd have no control sample or contrasting examples.

• dbdthegame
    Options

My scenario is putting MFT in 1v1 chase situation against an M1 killer. If that's a "fantastic scenario" for MFT to play out (remember we're only using half the perk here), there's a problem. Why should anyone ever play an M1 killer (the other half of the game that you keep conveniently glossing over) when MFT exists?

• jesterkind
    Options

You aren't just pitting it against an M1 killer, you're pitting it against a Trapper who absolutely hasn't had time to set up beforehand. It's not the same as just picking a weaker class of killer (not that you can fairly say "M1 killer" is a coherent class of weak killer when some of them are among the best in the game), it's actively cutting out using their power for a skewed 1v1 that wouldn't represent a real chase in a real game.

The fantastic scenario is a killer without a power chasing a survivor that has free reign to use everything on the map immediately because they aren't in a real match and don't have to worry about the long-term or their teammates. Put any chase perk you want in that scenario and it's going to look way better than it might be in a real match.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,776
    edited August 2023
    Options

I'm curious what Killers you consider as M1 with no effective chase power? Many of their power's are to NOT chase. Ghostface is based on stealth and instadowns. Legion is based on keeping everyone injured, so that they are never safe to rescue hooks and need to pre-run causing multiple people to run at once. Clown has a combined 25% haste+hindered difference (technically +.46 -.6, so 1.66m/s difference). Everyone else has Bloodlust which only takes 15s to get T1, so if you get outplayed for 15s you can still force the loop and get the down.

I'm sorry but do you think someone who loses against opponents with 3/4 perks deserves to win when they get the 4th perk? That'd be like if I said "Oh yeah the Killer with NOED got 9 total hooks before he finally killed me (edit: as his first kill) and we only finished 2 gens, but I deserved a gate escape!" The person who lost deserves to lose, especially if they lost against a handicap in their favor.

This final point I think you are mistaken on. "We don't balance the game around the lowest common denominator". That is technically true, we are supposed to balance around both the average and most common (or median and mean) cases. The top 5% and the bottom 5% don't matter, and MfT can only be considered a problem in the top 5% (sweat SWFs on comms). Blight (and his add-ons moreso) can be considered a problem across all levels. Everytime I ask for proof MfT gives even an extra window vault where a normal Survivor wouldn't get, I get nothing. If MfT guaranteed 3 safe window vaults where 2 window vaults then a hit during the 3rd at every loop was the normal scenario, I could see it being this boogeyman it is being made out to be. It alongside Resilience just seems to be a lag negator. So Killers are used to the natural lagvantage and lose it against these perks. Resilience saves ~.04s at fast vaults, or 40ms, which is roughly my normal latency on my own server. I can see everytime I get the pallet stun+injury I had lagvantage as Killer, but many people are unable to come to terms with this.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,194
    Options

It feels awful to play against. But that's what it is. Gen efficiency on survivor, kill efficiency on well killer.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
  • Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

My guy don't get me started on that slightly better brutal strength, so worth giving up 5 gens.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,713
    edited August 2023
    Options

Those perks can be mitigated and are not always available. You can really carve down their availability with fearmonger and such since it pauses the reuse timer. With MFT, it's just always available while injured, so it's not a significant but shortly lived speed boost it's a good speed boost constantly. Keep in mind everyone is just 99ing their heals so they are running everywhere faster and aren't in any actual danger, as they'll just tap their heal to go to full health if the killer is within striking distance.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

Awful logic, Killers can do well without meta perks (and see picture below) nevermind getting there with 3 great perks like your choice of Lethal Pursuer or Corrupt, Pain Res, and Pop. My matches as Killer end before the Survivors complete the gens in more than 70% of matches, and I could only be considered great on a good day, and certainly not excellent. I also never intentionally tunnel (if you tap the gen in my face you are fair game), and I only camp at the final 10-20s of a hook stage if the Survivors greed gens instead of going for rescues. With a 50% winrate being the norm, you are going to have to lose as many matches as you win.

My point with end game is that it is clear the Killer already lost if they couldn't secure a win (or even a single kill) against 3 perk Survs by then, Hope just secures the victory. It isn't Hope itself and haste stacking, but the entitlement of winning a match someone was so outclassed in and deserving of losing that is absurd to me.

The Devour 'by this logic' would certainly apply if you locked in Devour stacks and the totem when reaching endgame. The Survivors had all the chance to cleanse the totem, or insta-rescue/leave people on hook to deny stacks, and if they greeded the gens before cleansing Devour then sure. If the Survs popped the gen the second the Exposed was revealed, then the Killer only gets perma Exposed. If they had 3 people on hook at 2 stacks, the 4th Surv rescued everyone sequentially and the Killer waited out the final gen pop for free Moris, then by all means. You are probably going to only get 2 kills with the Moris, but you do you.

End game is the last chance to make up for failures as Killer. I'm fine with a perk that says "you have a harder early game but no challenge late game" for Survivor, and that is essentially what Hope does.

I had a Freddy game just before the Xeno patch (for a daily) where I had my 2 totems cleansed before the second hook, which means all I had was my 2 remaining perks (that they weren't failing skillchecks against sadly, maybe because it was while OC was still bugged to not give the skillcheck if you tap the gen). I still managed to win before endgame. 3 MfTs, 3 Windows, 2 Resils, 2 Hopes, and a DH (I even kept swinging into that DH because I was mixing up who had it), and yet it didn't matter. I didn't even tunnel as the least BP Survivor got ~16k BP. This is why I find complaints against Hope and MfT to be jokes. I'm good, great on a favorable day, and I have hearing damage from a previous job, so that means plenty of people should be better than I. If I can get a 4k against 3 MfTs and 2 Hopes, I don't see why anyone else is having problems.

(I don't even like Freddy, I just P9 all Killers and Survivors for the charms. Working down the list on Pyramid Head and Nea now.)