The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Ultimate Weapon is not OP.

I see many people with a severe case of skill issue complaining about this perk and asking for a nerf.

You can easily counter it by either running Calm Spirit (which is now thankfully a more viable perk) or simply moving in an unpredictalbe direction the moment your position is given away.

Comments

• Depressedlegion
    Depressedlegion Member Posts: 326

I think removing the blindness and making it 20 second with a 49 second cool down would nerf it where it's viable, but not overturned.

• CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006

How rude. Some of us just see the godlike potential in not ****ing off the crows. Unless we step on them...

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 862

Its not bad but i believe it is bugged. I should not be screaming if im in locker and the perk is active. Other perks even other killers powers like doctor prevents the survivor from screaming if they are in a locker.

Also, it gets really weird when someone wants to slug and find the last person with it

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,315
    edited September 2023

When they spot you, they know the end is near.

Whenever you open a Locker, Ultimate Weapon activates for 30 seconds:

• Survivors entering your Terror Radius scream and reveal their location to you.
    • Those Survivors suffer from the Blindness Status Effect for 30 seconds.

Without saying the 30 seconds the perk is activated, what CD?

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited September 2023

Ah, you're correct. That last line needs to be added whenever they update the official wiki. So yeah, like Doc's area shock CD. Still, little enough CD to where the sequence of surv being found -> chased -> downed -> hooked should see it back up in time to find a new chase. Or decide if one chase is going on too long and it's time to drop chase and find a new target to harass.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,497
    edited September 2023

The funny part is it is basically the exact same cooldown as static blast since 30 second duration 30 second cooldown. Static blast is 60 seconds. So you can run it on like doc for double blast basically. One which reveals in lockers as well. Good for a interrupt build.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,656

It would be a useless tracking perk if it was blocked by lockers. Most of the tracking perks are useless because they are hard countered by lockers.

If I'm expected to leave a hooked survivor to find a different target to chase, then I want a real way to find hiding survivors, that isn't going to be blocked by lockers. And many aura perks are useless because they are hard countered by distortion. And survivors can counter this perk if they really wanted, it would just take up a perk slot. I've been camping a lot less when I'm equipping this perk, because I feel like there's real value in leaving a hooked survivor.

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited September 2023

Very good tip, dude!

I had a passing thought yesterday about how a perk like Distressing might synergize with UW if it was put into a build focused around harassing survs with TR. I could see Doc players having a lot of fun being a menace

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

Imagine people using that over spies from the shadows 🤣 it just has more steps.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,497

This is the build ive been using. Using the iri queen for simultaneous blasts to give all 4 survivors a static charge which is surprisingly valuable for if say survivors want to heal eachother and one goes madness 3.

Also it gives you basically lethal in the beggining of the match.

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited September 2023

You're plugged in with all that incoming information. Had them on lockdown the whole match and UW in the pocket when needed. That's a nasty build, not even a chance to be sneaky for hatch. Very cool Doc fashion btw. The Yui was cute too

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,312
    edited September 2023

Deleted

• I combine it with Darkness Revealed and know where all survivors are at all times.

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 683

This perk shoudnt make survivors scream inside lockers. You just can counter this perk using Calm Spirit and its not fair. The Doctor's power is more weak than this perk.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    edited September 2023

at the risk of whataboutism, isnt that the current solution to mft?

don't get me wrong, i agree, its just something that gets selectively thrown around by both sides a lot.

Edit: i also agree that it shouldnt work in lockers

• BillToLast
    BillToLast Member Posts: 73

Shattered Hope has garbage even during the boon meta, as you had to find and snuff 5 totems just to counter Circle. Calm spirit completely destroys Ultimate Weapon, just like Distortion destroys Lethal Pursuer.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815

It's fun to make survivors yell and give you a direction to run, but that's all it gives you. This is not an aura or killer instinct, it's a notification you can hear and might be lucky enough to see if you're facing the right direction (it happens while facing a locker). If I do see it, I get no info on how far you are in that direction.

Also you're my terror radius away, that's not close. Like I said, it tells me which way to run, a little more than whispers, but less than most info perks.

The reason it's popular right now is it's fun, but it's not winning the match for anyone.

• PriestessPoppy
    PriestessPoppy Member Posts: 30

Nurse is not OP

I see many people with a severe case of skill issues complaining about nurse being OP. You just need to dodge their blinks, if you dodge their blinks or you never get found, nurse is the worst killer in the game, she gets completely countered

• Coffeecrashing

It’s a mobile BBQ and chili… except that requires you to spend time patrolling the map, and it alerts the survivors, and it only gives a single point of detection (instead of BBQ’s 5-7 seconds of aura reading)

Nurse’s calling doesn’t alert the survivors. If I’m playing Nurse, and see someone with Nurse’s calling, I might be able to blink directly to that survivor, without that survivor moving at all (which is a free attack)… but with Ultimate weapon that survivor is definitely going to move

• DrDucky
    DrDucky Member Posts: 675

What kind of survivors are you going against where you can viably be checking lockers?

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,898
    edited September 2023

What would you rather have?

• Information on someone over 40m from you for 5 secs only after a hook that can be blocked by lockers and Discordance?
    • Or a 32m bubble around you for 30s that you can trigger whenever you want, and tells you where someone is, no matter what they are doing, that is only countered by Calm Mind.

Given how vehemently you're defending Ultimate Weapon, I'm gonna guess the latter. Your argument is assigning disproportionate value my dude. The persistent aura to find the survivors is a very strong effect, and screaming in of itself is not a signifiant weakness.

Screaming interupts actions and causes survivors to lose precious seconds that may cost a gen from being finished or a heal being completed. You can run something like Dead Man's Switch and even force the issue.

The obvious busted use of this power is on a hex build, where it makes defending your hex's a comparative breeze. Even without that, a near guaranteed method of finding survivors while holding a 3 gen, or defending against an unhook, or interrupting a gate beimg openee during EGC is insanely strong.

Also BTW, no skilled Nurse is going to care if you know she's coming of not. Same with Blight and Spirit, these characters do not rely on stealth to get you.

• Coffeecrashing

You realize that in order for this perk to get value while holding a 3 gen, it requires the killer to commit to a chase, which should be a good thing, right? We should be encouraging killers to commit to chases, instead of just endlessly kicking the generators. Half of the 3 gen problem revolves around survivors that are excessively pre-leaving generators and excessively hiding. And we do hear a bunch of people say they want solutions to 3 gen, and this perk helps with that solution.

The "no skilled Nurse" thing isn't going to work. I've played a lot of Nurse, and I like using aura perks to get free attacks. Why go through the hassle of chasing a survivor that got alerted from Ultimate weapon, when I could just get a free attack instead? If someone is using Distortion, or excessively hiding in lockers, then I could just tunnel out the other survivors first. And that is the main problem that occurs when survivor stealth is too powerful. It just heavily encourages the killer to tunnel out everyone else.

And this is why a lot of people will still value BBQ over Ultimate weapon. BBQ works instantly, and doesn't require the killer to patrol the map. The killer can instantly determine if they have a new target to chase, and if they don't see a new target with BBQ, then they're fine with camping the hooked survivor. In fact, many killers are fine with camping, and would rather use camping-friendly perks, instead of patrolling the map with Ultimate weapon (which takes more effort than camping).

• JoaoVanBlizzard
    JoaoVanBlizzard Member Posts: 555

Not that I find the Op nurse, but the way certain players use her is weird, it seems they even use some tracking hack because I dodge the first blink and she goes straight to where I am even if I run behind her in a space short of time, how can that?