Blood rush

Options

Couldn't you change Renato's ability so that instead of being used only on the last hook, it can be used once in the match? or once at the start and once when the generators run out?

Comments

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,155
    edited September 2023
    Options

Blood Rush is a fun perk idea marred by heavy limitations

Needing to be on death hook is already a very steep cost; think about the implications of it for a moment and it makes sense why. As a survivor you want to avoid being hooked as much as possible, so having a perk that requires you to be on death hook is already knee-capped

But it also has the requirement of needing to be healthy, which means against a bunch of killers or fresh off the hook; the perk is also useless.

It's also only once per trial, which imo is the fairest of the 3 conditions

I get that the effect of resetting your exhaustion on the spot is super strong and does need some kind of condition or activation requirement but does it really need 3 highly specific ones stacked on top of each other?

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,742
    Options

I get that the effect of resetting your exhaustion on the spot is super strong and does need some kind of condition or activation requirement but does it really need 3 highly specific ones stacked on top of each other?

exhaustion perks grant 50% haste for x seconds. the dev put exhaustion on perks because they did not want survivors stacking haste effects. they did not want survivors using balance landing, sb, lithe, dh all in 1 build. blood-rush as perk resetting exhaustion means you can stack two of same exhaustion perks in 1 chase. i remember peanut comment on this a long time ago. it was something along lines that he said killer greatly dislike the idea of exhaustion recovery while running. that why blood-rush has so many conditions so that nobody uses it.

what i find funny is that they do not want survivors to haste stack yet the irony is that MFT opened gateway of haste stacking. MFT+Hope is haste stacking and technically DH+MFT is also haste stacking. it is minor amount of haste stacking yet there has been complained about that. Blood-rush has all those conditions because the perk design is inherently haste stacking by nature of resetting exhaustion.

• artblizzard
    artblizzard Member Posts: 8
    Options

A good idea of a rework about that perk would be that you can use at the start and after all the gens are done, with all the other requirements BUT you don't get back that health stade after 20 seconds plus it doesn't work with more than one exhaustion perk in your build

• Devil_hit11
    Options

as I said, I don't think killer are sold on double exhaustion perks in chases. I remember this because of a post regarding vigil to recover exhaustion while running. it was something like that. I was just explaining to @Brokenbones why that perk has many conditions and why dev are scared of bringing a perk like that.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,155
    Options

The thing is, they could remove the death hook requirement and keep everything else and it would def see play but it wouldn't become super meta overnight. It'd be like Plot Twist, a situationally really strong perk with limited uses. It'd be easy to just waste it if you're not good as survivor

• Devil_hit11
    Options

i am not so sure about that. you could use MFT+dramaturgy+blood rush. you can proc dramaturgy twice for 25% haste for 4 second or another way to say it, you get 50% haste for 2 seconds on command. SB would also be pretty strong since you could use like on command DH for distance once per game though SB and MFT would not synergize. it would not main stream meta but certain next best thing after MFT. from chase perk perceptive, it is like... enduring spirit fury for survivor. resetting exhausting while running is really good. who needs decisive strike stuns when you can just can spam 50% haste perks...

• Boons123
    Boons123 Member Posts: 695
    Options

If you don't bring any exhaustion perks, then these perks don't really benefit you

I'd like to make it remove any effect you've got (except broken ).

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

Still, being on death hook, being healthy AND being once a trial is a lot.

It's one of those perks that, any buffs can be too good for it which sucks cause the idea itself is cool.

• artblizzard
    artblizzard Member Posts: 8
    Options

I still think that if you put the perk to activate at the beginning and end of the generators, adding broken and taking away the healing it offers at the end, it could be a great perk and would still have its limitations. In my opinion, it might be a perk compared to Adam's that after escaping alone you are left bruised and broken for a while.