P98, P99 and P100 possible rewards

Options
Superpablog
Superpablog Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 66

Dear dev who is reading this (Hope a dev is reading this XD), please read all this, because i know you will say "This will never happen" in the 1º paragraph, but at least read all :(

You say on the AMA that see players with P100 is very rare, so why not add the legacy here? Is harder to get P100 than getting P3 on 2016 (I know this, because I play since July 1st, 2016), and about the "Not returning legacy" i want to say:

• Some players (Like me) played during 2016, but didn't prestigied (I leveled until level 40, and i didn't notice i need to prestige until was too late), or prestigied Myers and/or Laurie (The chaacters that didn't get legacy)
  • Some players lost their progress (and his legacy) and only get bloodpoints, so can't recover his legacy
  • Some players hacked the legacy, and with a private profile on steam, is impossible to see the achievement to know if are legal or not

I put this idea on a twitter (in a VERY short version XD), so i leave it here

https://twitter.com/Superpablog/status/1699959256479404262

Also, if you still think is bad for older players, this is the good thinks of this:

• New original characters can have legacy too (As Main Ace, i want a legacy with him too)
  • If you already have legacy, is probably that you don't have all the 27 legacy skins, so you can get the rest
  • Is harder to get P100 now, than getting P3 on 2016, so it would be fair too
  • Console players, and new players, can algo get this skin
  • Now, there is a real reason to attempt to get a P100 character, since there is no reward in the actual game

Still think this is bad? Well... remember they already gifted other "legacy" (Calling "legacy" all the skins that aren't available to get)

• All pink skins (Dweard, golden Feng Min, street Meg, Ace's hats, Claudette Brazil's torso...) (That skins that we fight in ruffles and giveways to get a code, or going to in-person events): Gifted to everyone
  • All 5º anniversary crowns (This reqired to play (and escape as surv) with every original character during the event): Gifted with code
  • LNY and BBQ skins of David, Huntress, Hillbilly and Kate (Because something happened, and some players lost it, so you gifted it to everyone) (Getting that skins doing gens and hooking survivors on the events): Gifted loggin in
  • Trapper charm (The one exclusive for buying a game and then gifted on the anniversary stream): Gifted with code
  • LNY cosmetics (That skin getting interacting during the event): Gifted by logging in before this year LNY event

So... you are gifting all that with a code, loggin in or in the inventory of all players, but don't want to players to become "Tryhards" to P100 for a real reward? I take 3 months to get my Jake to level 40 in 2016, and after a year, my max prestige is 32 (Because i do P9 with new characters before continue with my Ace)

I'm writing this, because i play since 2016 and you gifted all the "legacys" i get, except for charms, bloodletting shirt (Dwight's torso) and 4º anniversary crowns... for now... but you don't want to give this because of old players who have it (And don't care to gift the other exclusives... or don't care players who played on 2016, but prestigied the wrong characters or not prestigied, or don't care about players who lost it or hacked it... i will never undertand why you have that skins in a "No give" polity...)

Still don't like the idea? Ok, an alternative: A legacy recolor, the same "legacy idea", but changing the color of the "light burning" (Don't know how to call that XD)

For last, if you don't believe i'm here since 2016, in my steam profile, i have this picture, as a proof that i played this game since 2016, and never get that "2016 players exclusive". That screen is from the old bloodweb the one that gived the legacy (Picture taken on 2017, when i prestiged all the original characters, and Jake was the next one...).

Sorry if too much text... i know this will never happen... and i should fight for get a left handed character/option instead... that's more probabbly than getting justice with this skins...

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

Imma be honest, I don't know why you guys are so enticed by legacy. It's just some cheatos. Except for the heads (and even then that's a sometimes), most basic survivor outfits are also bad.

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 663
    edited September 2023
    Options

There should absolutely be some kind of reward for reaching the higher prestiges.

The fact that you get absolutely nothing for dedicating so much time and energy to a character is ludicrous. I don't even know why they bothered to add 100 tiers to the prestige system, when only the first 9 are actually relevant.

It doesn't have to be anything big. Just something, anything -- even if its just a few Bloodpoints or Iridescent Shards -- would be nice to acknowledge the work you've put in. Ideally, a charm or cosmetic, but I'd genuinely be happy with anything.

Currently prestiging actually annoys me -- I hate having to waste 20,000 BPs and then have to wait for the annoying prestige animation to pop up before I can continue levelling.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,783
    Options

They added 100 tiers so that people would more often get lower rarity items and add-ons. People complained they saw Syringes and C33s every match, so to artificially add to the rarity, they added more prestiges. Getting to max prestige now is the equivalent of being P3L50 before, and you always get the maxed out bloodwebs with plenty of rarer items.

• AykDanroyd
    AykDanroyd Member Posts: 228
    Options

It earns you tunneling as a survivor. So it's beyond rubbish.

• Superpablog
    edited September 2023
    Options

Because I'm a collector, there is a lot of skins i don't use, and probabbly never use, like 99% of the charms, but i like to say "I have them" XD

For example, i get all splinters with the Shape (Including Shape's Splinter XD), and, with at least one character, hace all moon offerings, and brown/yellow map offering

I also try to keep 1 event offering/item/addon with all characters of every event; and i have an Excel with that stats, so i know who character don't have them when a previus event item returns (Like BBQ offering)

• Superpablog
    Options

Technically, we have ONE reward, with Nicolas Cage: When you level up to P100, he says an exclusive line... I know, is almost the same as nothing... but is something...

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

Still, does it have to be Legacy related? Can't it be literally anything else?

• Superpablog
    edited September 2023
    Options

Post edited by Superpablog on
  • Superpablog
    edited September 2023
    Options

Post edited by Superpablog on
  • Superpablog
    Options

I don't like the idea of "Temporaly skins", so i thought a fair way to give them: It was given to players who "leveled enough" on 2016; so, a fair way to give them now, is to "level enough", and P100 is something hard to get, so i think is a far way, and giving a P100 reward, will give an incentive to players to reach P100