Worried about the Skull Merchant rework.

Options

To me it sort of feels like her personality is just getting completely removed. I genuinely feel like there were better ways to handle her 3 genning without completely ripping her apart and more or less giving her a whole new power.

I already posted 3 changes that I believe should have been tried before this massive redesign. But I'll post them again here because I please beg you to at least try out these changes or something similar before changing her entirely to see how they feel. If they don't work then fine, but I genuinely believe they will ensure that her power is kept how it is while incentivizing chases and hindering her ability to 3 gen.

Firstly, Geographical Readout should be baseline and then change the addon to "Drone active zone area is increased by 10%" Her chase potential is horrible and after playing her for 300+ hours I can definitely say that it feels borderline required if you actually want to chase as Skull Merchant.

Secondly, when a Drone is hacked, a new drone cannot be put within 8 meters of the hacked drones physical location until the Claw Trap is removed. This would greatly help 3 genning on its own because it will force the Skull Merchant to either physically guard the gen until the claw trap expires which would allow other Survivors to work on a different gen, or take a chase, which would allow the other Survivors to work on the gen that had a Drone on it.

And lastly, Drones are no longer returned to your inventory immediately after a Claw Trap is removed, instead they now return to your inventory 15 seconds after a Claw Trap is removed. If you take chase with someone with a Claw Trap and down them, this basically won't even affect you since by the time you pick them up and take them to a hook you'll nearly have the Drone back, this only helps combat her 3 genning because now if she decides to wait out a Claw Trap because the previous change, she'll have to wait even longer to get the Drone back.

Comments

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 705
    Options

In my opinion just wait until her changes hit PTB tomorrow, it could be a lot better gameplay wise then on paper, I'm excited for them. Please check back on here and tell me how you feel when you test her tomorrow, I'll do the same.

• Orthane
    Orthane Member Posts: 386
    Options

Yup I was right, now she has literally nothing and is one of the worst killers in the game. In her current state on PTB not only is she extremely boring because she has literally nothing but she's also just super weak and honestly? Weaker than Trapper since he's getting some nice buffs.

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 705
    Options

She is pretty weak now, agreed. Im not a huge fan of the changes, they need to remove the cooldowns, etc.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,927
    Options

i agree. they should scrap skull merchant rework because it is a bad rework. just keep the same as live version. in my opinion, a simple fix to 3 gens could be that every generator has regression cap. the regression cap is indicated by an orange bar below generator. generator can be regressed for 100% of total progress. once a generator is regressed for more then 100% of the total progress, it can no longer be regressed. The goal of change is to reduce the length of the match when a killer successfully generator locks the survivors from being able to progress the game. now the matches will no longer be 40-50 minutes long. they will be 10-15 minutes long. skull merchant will still excel at 3 gens however she will not hold 3 gens for an infinity amount of time.

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729
    Options

Just make drones shut down and crash after 20s if their radius has a gen in it.

• TheTom20
    TheTom20 Member Posts: 403
    Options

Feels a lot like these days. When i play survivor don't even see half the weaker killers anymore as it is