Solo Survivors Should Be Able to Make Rules

Options
CountOfTheFog
CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 1,943
edited November 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Rules for who they want to play with as teammates. Things such as they only queue with Survivors who are running 4 Tier 3 perks, no meme builds, stuff like that. Ok, let the hate pour down!!!!!

EDIT - OR REMOVE DEPIPPING FROM THE GAME FFS!

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• CountOfTheFog
    Options

We don't need trolls bringing meme builds. This is also optional. For example, I would turn the option on, you clearly wouldn't, we would not get matched up and both be better for it. I'm going to put you as a "maybe"

• CountOfTheFog
    Options

Meme builds to me are builds the game won't allow to work. For example, No Mither, Self-Care and For The People.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,639
    Options

......soooo is this serious or something complaining about depiping or a joke?

If serious, then no as we would never have a game.

If not, then let the killer into the survivor lobby and dictate who they get to hook.

• CountOfTheFog
    Options

I disagree we would never find a game. Those who don't like the idea simply opt out, just like opting out of cross play. I do depip when playing with trolls or P65s running no perks and that is annoying.

I don't understand your last sentence, please clarify about letting the killer in the lobby.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,520
    Options

I'm not applying any hate for ya here.

Just pointing out if there's one thing the devs have made very clear is that they wish all players to run what they like, for whatever reason, without restrictions.

Many a killer who when ranting about super sweaty SWF will bring up the crazy tourney rules that get applied to comp players. I don't see them ever applying those kind of restrictions to SWF, let alone to memey stuff.

And also people gotz challenges to do fam! 🤪

• Rulebreaker
    Options

Let us specify, we (as in the 3 who share this account) would never get a game. We go with thematic/gimmicky/incharacter builds.

The second one was ment as a joke but if you insist~ The killer gets to hop into the survivors lobby as theyre readying up and picks one to start on a hook.

• CountOfTheFog
    Options

And you still will! With people who also do that! This would also separate people who are playing more seriously from those who are not. Do you at least see where I'm coming from?

• MoNosEmpire
    MoNosEmpire Member Posts: 649
    Options

I think removing depipping, even though it would make sense as a survivor, it wouldn't make sense at the same time because it makes you sweat harder at end game level and each game before iri 1 feels more and more challenging and sweaty. It would honestly make sense to add more ranks to climb rather than removing depipping.

• CountOfTheFog
    Options

But you have to max out somewhere so however high you want ranks to go, you will inevitably end up in that situation.

• Rulebreaker
    Options

Depending on how the rules are set/detailed we may or may not get affected. We're paranoid enough to not take the chance. For example: our Cybil runs Desperate measures, calm spirit, no one left behind, and BT. What does this count as? For super serious survivors this would probably count as a meme while we dont see it as such. We think we see what you want [teammates more inclined to play in a similar style to the solo que one] but do not see how well this would work especially since que times for survivors tend to be a loooot longer compared killers (atleast for us especially since killer time is sub 60 seconds usually. Yay backfill). Then theres also the problem of how this works with SWFs. A friend usually runs a full meta build, but we run something like Cybil above. How does the rules the solo gave fit this? Devils in the details, and we love loophole abuse.

• CountOfTheFog
    Options

No, no. I'm personally ok with any 4 perks, even selfish ones like Left Behind.

I don't want to be matched with anyone player running a build that literally won't work. For example: No Mither, Self-Care and For The People.

I want everyone to use whatever perks they want. Emphasis on USE.

The build I just described eliminates the ability to use the perks

Frankly, the game should just let them know they're not compatible and not allow it. I don't see the game allowing me to add toolbox charges to my medkits and flashlights. Same should go for perks. If it did, this thread would be irrelevant.

• Rulebreaker
    Options

Thats sorta restricting choices and we're not much a fan for that. We don't realy have any arguments against wanting teammates having a functional build other than people should be able to use whatever the hell they want (good or ill) but we do want to point out the perk randomizer challenges. Needless to say people have gotten that build [with the added bonus of tenacity in our case].

• CountOfTheFog
    Options

Well this is just a brainstorming session. Thank you, sincerely, for respectfully expressing your opinions. I do appreciate it 🙏

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,386
    Options

Even if this was a good idea for matchmaking as a whole, I'd be curious as to what the code would look like for this.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,520
    Options

Oohhhhhhhh I hadn't considered that! The rotini would be fighting constantly with the ziti... and somehow my poor poor Piggy would be nurfed yet again 😕

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,391
    Options

I'm with @Aven_Fallen on this one.

Everyone can decide what builds they wanna run for themselves. And if I feel like running an off-meta build, then I should have the right to do that. With more than 100 perks per side, seeing the same ones again and again gets old.

However, I will agree, that depipping is an outdated concept. It made sense back when grades decided over matchmaking but now not so much. It just feels bad when you have a rough match and the game gives you another punch in the face just in case you didn't realise that you lost.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,457
    Options

I don't want to be matched with anyone player running a build that literally won't work. For example: No Mither, Self-Care and For The People.

How frequently does this occur that people run perks together that are literally useless?

Serious question, because I've almost never seen it.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,109
    edited November 2023
    Options

Do you want hour long queue times/messed up matchmaking, because that's how you get hour-long queue/messed up matchmaking.

Queues can already reach up to 10+ minutes depending on time of day/region and matchmaking is already borking itself depending on the length of queue time and lobby dodgers.

Splitting the Playerbase by even one Parameter would only make things exponentially worse.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    Options

If it is difficult for you to play survivor in your current environment with a base kit park and a behavior sharing HUD, then grow up and invite a friend to run SWF.

• akaTheBARON
    akaTheBARON Member Posts: 346
    edited November 2023
    Options

BHVR is never going to do this. You've made it clear by meme builds that these include perks that don't work together. But perks not working together isn't the only thing that makes a meme build. For instance, running flash bang, head on, blast mine, and red herring. All those work just fine together, but their intended purpose is just to waste time to set a blast mine, make a flash bang, jump in a locker to alert the killer, when the killer kicks the gen and gets blinded, jump out of the locker (with head on if close enough) and then throw down a flashbang. They could have just finished the gen but chose to meme with that build. Maybe for stream, maybe for youtube, maybe just for laughs who knows. This build in question would also irritate you I'd assume,. So it would take a lot on BHVR's end to go through all these perk combos to decide what is and isn't a meme build.

Honestly, if I ever find out they're taking time out of their days to do this (they won't, but IF) it would really annoy me and many others because they have better things to do with their time and resources IMO.

I'll find common ground and yes, sometimes is a bit annoying if I see 2 or 3 teammates goofing off, meme build or no, but end of the day I get over it, and either join in the fun, or just try to get BP. It's really not a huge deal. I've also 100% been the person "goofing off" so I can't really get too mad XD

No hate whatsoever BTW

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,606
    Options

We protect her from any further nerfs.

I have the pitchforks ready and waiting.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,606
    Options

Limiting what builds people run and / or matchmaking around those builds is definitely not something that we would do - players are free to choose what builds they want to run. If someone wants to run a meme build, good on them.

The matter of depipping is something else entirely. And that could well happen with players running meta builds as well, depending on how the match goes.

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 312
    Options

That will never happen but I get it. Just love it when I load in with two no mither David's and one goes down in 10 seconds and then dc's 🙄 I do wish depipping was removed for solo q though.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,127
    Options

Who decides what "troll/meme perks" are? Why exclude people who do their Adept? Why exclude people who only spend 1mil BP on a character so they have them on their main and therefore are missing perk tiers on that other character?

Everyone wants good teammates, but nobody is entitled to get what they want.

• caipt
    caipt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 401
    edited November 2023
    Options

just add a comp mode. I dont mean just a separate exactly the same mode just labeled as comp like an actual ranked mode or something. it could kill the game if done badly but people always complain about how the sweaty killers and swfs are ruining their matches and if done well would make the game so much better. you could even balance them separately for the separate playerbase.

• LapisInfernalis
    Options

How would you balance comp and casual? By excluding meta perks, addons or killers for casual? By restricting certain perks or items?

Because if you don't, then what will keep players from doing sweaty/comp plays in casual? Make it a reportable offense?

• caipt
    caipt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 401
    Options

im not exactly sure, thats a difficult question. But unquestionably casual and competitve players being in the same lobbies is making their games less enjoyable. If not a comp queue or something, better mmr.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,556
    edited November 2023
    Options

Still want the ability to see teammates perks before the match begins, just so I know about things like Deliverance, Autodidact, Mettle Of Man, so I can work with my teammates to make best use of their perks.

Sadly it would be used by survivors to lobby shop... the point of discussion here is exactly the problem for why we can't have this blatantly great quality of life improvement... I'd guesstimate that about 40% of gamers are rude, and the reason we can't have nice things... 😥

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,386
    Options

At this point they could add or remove a second from totem cleansing and Pig would get an indirect nerf and Twins two more bugs.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,556
    edited November 2023
    Options

Eh, maybe. I used to play MOBA's, be in FPS clans, and knew a lot pretty toxic people in MMORPGs and alike to name a few.... I've always found the argument "DBD is such a toxic game" really funny... cause literally every online game is toxic :D

It's relative what you count as toxic tbh... but it's always amazed me how people's behaviour towards each other radically shifts when they have the anonymity of a computer screen to hide behind.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • LapisInfernalis
    Options

This.

Doesn't matter if LOL, POE, WOT, WOW, CS:GO, PUBG, DBD or what not. The nicest person can become Satan in an online game.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

I dodge every lobby with a Meg. My survivor matches aren't perfect, but they are in general better for being Meg-free.

Trying to give players the ability to cherry-pick random teammates based on perk loadouts would be a mess. There's no way to implement that without making queue times absolutely miserable. But depipping does need to be removed. It should've been removed the moment Ranks became Grades.

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 639
    Options

go play comp or something, cause we NEED more meme stuff, plot twist is a meme perk, but it´s also an amazing perk

• LapisInfernalis
    Options

I guess the type of people who become Satan online are often those who need to "prove" something or want to pick on others, because they got picked on themselves. I had one of those in my class. You would have never assumed she would do this.