The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Upcoming Live Updates Roadmap

dance
dance Member, Community Manager Posts: 75
edited January 16 in General Discussions

We're looking ahead 👁 at some of the live updates the team will be working on for the next six months. As always, timelines might change, but we'll keep you updated as we progress!

Want to learn more? Watch the VOD.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

With the Twins update, is it still planned for a partial rework or a complete overhaul? Only asking from the amount of times it's been pushed back over the years.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

I am really scared for DS change. I really hope this is not going to end with another nerf.

• Gabe_Soma
    Gabe_Soma Member Posts: 276

I expect so much from these updates, expecially from the solution for the 3-gen strat which is one of the most annoying things to deal with and for those killer perks that really need some nerf, this meta is too stale and needs to be shaken up.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,892

It has nothing to do with Trickster, but for my own mental health...

Could you specify what "Killer tweaks" means? What is the difference to "Killer updates"?

I would like to know because....

Pig....

• Vanishlord
    Vanishlord Member Posts: 551

Please devs we've suffered enough leave Amanda alone. I wouldn't say no to a buff though. Even survivors love her.

Noooooooooooooo!

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,707

How often was it pushed back though?

and it didn’t get pushed back at all after they stated that it’s not gonna be a full rework iirc..

• radiantHero23

I said it before.

If they change the pig in any bad way. I will stop playing dbd.

She carried me through over 2 thousand hours of gameplay. Without her, this game would not be the same for me.

Amanda needs to stay the way she is.

But that all comes down to what "Killer tweaks" means and how it is different to "Killer update".

We need to stay strong fellow Boop - enthusiast. 🐽

• radiantHero23
    edited December 2023

@Vanishlord just watched the twitch vod.

I quote:

"At least we got a Pig nerf" - "No we dont"

We have their word. We have power.

Post edited by radiantHero23 on
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,847

I appreciate the transparency but I also worry about what the forums will be like for the next 6 months with all the endless speculation this will cause.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    edited December 2023

Spirit add-ons are not useless. They are giving her good values.

Hill-Billy deserves all love, he is at weakside. His power should be good or his add-ons.

Nurse deserves all garbage add-ons when she has strongest power in game. It's really shocking they did not rework her power.

And Blight's base-kit maybe not problematic like Nurse's but he is definetly S-tier killer even without add-ons. So his add-ons should be max B-tier. Strong power should never be feeded with strong add-ons.

Nemmy and Pyramid Head deserves add-on pass. Both killers have insanely bad add-ons.

We don't know what they are planning with Sadako but her chase is still so bad.

DS is gutted in 6.1.0 and it's garbage perk atm. This perk 100% deserves good buff to reduce tunnelling. It should be stay disabled at end game tho.

• JocelynAwakens
    JocelynAwakens Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,589

I'm afraid I do not have any additional information. We will share as soon as we have more details! <3

• JocelynAwakens
    JocelynAwakens Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,589

Although I do not have any specific details, our Lead Designer Mike did mention the complexity of the update has been one of the factors in the delay.

• Rickprado
    Rickprado Member Posts: 558
    edited December 2023

We are having these discussion in the "Decisive Buff" Thread. I'm really tired of anti-tunnel perks being weaponized to other things than anti-tunnel. I hope they adress this issue if they buff the perk.

For the other stuff, i am really concerned for Sloppy and Save The Best for Last. They are perks for M1 killers and will be very underwhelming in case they get nerfed in any way. The anti-camping already gives enough distance from the hook for survivors to rescue (even if it results in a trade); i don't think this is a issue anymore.

My bet is that they are going to make STBFL not get any stack after the exit gates are powered. If they do so, i hope they at least give some kind of buff to this perk in the middle of the match, like hitting the obsession before all gens are powered reduce stacks by 1 and hitting the obsession after exit gates are powered reduce stacks by 3.

Quick Gambit... its a very bad perk, but i'm afraid how they could buff it. If the radious of the perk gets too big, commiting to a chase might be too punishing, which will incentivise the hit and run playstile (that most of survivors hate).

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,648

When are toolboxes going to have a major update, like what happened with medkits?

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,987

chucky voice- good times are coming

• KaTo1337
    KaTo1337 Member Posts: 536

I really appreciate the information you share with your players. This a very welcome direction of your communication with the playerbase. Keep in going!

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Yeah let's ignore killers that really needs tweks and tweak killers that don't really need it? Why would Pig, Demo and Doctor need changes more than Knight, Pyramid head and Myers? We have been waiting for years for you guys to fix PHs addons and also Knight needing a brown addon to be playable..yes let's wait years to make that basekit 😐️

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

To be fair, what Myers and Pyramid Head need are kinda separate to what these killers are getting, right?

They're not doing addon overhauls, which is what Pyramid Head needs, and there's only so much space for full overhauls like Myers needs considering there's only, what, three of those on this list? And that's assuming that Hillbilly and Onryo all get the same complexity of changes that Twins are stated to be getting.

I get wanting those killers changed and I agree, but changes like these aren't all interchangeable. They can't take, say, Huntress off the list and replace her with Myers if what Huntress is getting is much much less than what Myers needs.

• haktas
    haktas Member Posts: 18

Do you guys ever watch tournaments? https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1979270748

They use an A tier killer but can't even take 3k. This game is definitely swf sided. They don't nothing about swf. They can use same characters, same perks, same stuffs, same offerings and make fun of the killers. Don't fool yourself, they don't care about the killers and soloq.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

The perk nerfs and the “3 gen solution “ will almost certainly be detrimental to the killer, while the “improvements” are unlikely to matter.

• jesterkind

Gotcha. You can forgive my confusion considering that's a very different statement to the one I initially responded to.

Regardless, I disagree. Recent precedent indicates that at least some of the killer updates are going to be quite nice, and some killer improvements (like the FOV slider) are very likely to be just straight up good.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

What precedent? Which killer has been reworked enough to become strong? The last I can think of is Freddy, and he was then nerfed to the ground. By the ratio of changes alone, there are objectively more things that help survivors.

• jesterkind

Well, you're adding an extra requirement onto the sentence there. I said they'd help and they'd be good changes, I didn't say the killers in question would "become strong". I think the killers in question for prior examples - minus Deathslinger and Trickster - did get stronger, but I don't know what your bar for "becoming strong" would be so I can't really answer that.

You're also saying there are "objectively" more things that help survivors, but again, that's based on your assumption that the changes - which we haven't seen - will be outright bad. That's not objective, that's a speculative opinion.

• haktas
    haktas Member Posts: 18

They are professional players, you know that? Almost all of them are at the same level. Does that mean anything to you? If you don't want to understand, let me clarify: Even if you are at the same level as swf players, you can't get 3k. Capiche?

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,896

The difference between the Killer Tweaks and Killer Updates, the update is invariably bigger with more changes made - killer tweaks tend to be more numbers balancing than anything else.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,270

i know i know but some rules cant be disobeyed even i cant not follow the rule