BHVR expect us to wait for years for QoL changes

Options
moulesfrites
moulesfrites Member Posts: 84
edited December 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Q: Do you plan for survivors to be able to inspect other survivor's builds before the game starts? Just to make people with less than 4 players coordinate more efficiently?

A: This is something we've also thought about, but are currently restricted due to flexibility in the lobby screens. We are updating these old screens gradually and you should see some improvement over the next years :) -Rose.

Q: Same rotation of the maps can get boring fast, do you plan adding more realms? For the characters that currently have no personal realms especially. Trickster deserves a cool neon-y scene map, or our new Good Guy would be even better with the factory :D Or the survivors’ special maps could have been nice as well, like Nic’s movie-filming stage he kinda had at the trailer!

A: Similar to another question I answered earlier, so please allow me to copy paste a bit: Maps are tricky (for a lot of reasons) and there is only so much we can do in a year (for a lot of other reasons). That said, realms are built with procedural and re-use in mind and thus it is very possible to re-explore these realms with new locations in the future. (this is NOT a promise.) -Dave

No. No, no, no and NO! I will NOT wait years for any good changes. I will not wait years for quality of life features. I will not wait years for improvements to your game. Human life is way too short for this. We had bugs from the time of olds returning this month. We still have lockers flipping over. We now have hag and pyramid head with animation bugs. We can't have updated HUDs. Same billion badham map versions. 7 Years guys. 7 Years. I can't do this anymore.

Comments

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,902
    Options

"Over the next years" doesn't really make sense. Either they meant "over the next few years" or "over the next year" (accidentally put an s). Hopefully the latter.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,381
    Options

None of those are quality of life improvements. People don't say "killer feels better to play, because pallet breaking is slightly faster".

And that's the biggest problem. The survivor experience is very important to BHVR, and BHVR is always looking for ways to improve the survivor experience..... but the killer experience is not important, and BHVR would rather give killers generic number buffs, that move the kill rate, but don't actually improve the killer experience.

Yes, you can do quality of life improvements for killers. Like removing the forced short m1 attack bug, that can steal hits from the killer.

• dgbug
    dgbug Member Posts: 152
    Options

This is genuinely laughable.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 1,524
    Options

You think faster recovery for everything is not QoL, but fixing bugs is QoL?

• Coffeecrashing
    Options

Quality of life are things that make the player experience feel better. Quality of life changes aren't designed to increase win rates, they're designed for the experience. And sometimes quality of life changes increases win rates, but that's not the goal.

Slightly faster kicking speeds was absolutely purposely designed to move the win rates. And it's not anywhere near comparable to the time and effort placed into creating the survivor HUD and anti-camp mechanic. Slightly faster kicking speeds is just changing a number in a code file... that's it. Minimal effort.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,727
    Options

Look my guy, while you only have to worry about your own opinion and quickly decided what games changes would be good/bad for you. bHVR has to make that decision FOR ALL OF US, including those who disagree etc. Even an entire company cant do everything fast. We CAN ask and push bHVR to develop things before others and we should, but it comes with the understanding that bHVR has 117 other things they COULD be doing.

• Foempticol
    Foempticol Member Posts: 232
    Options

Can you guys at least expand the survivor HUD to show totem cleansing/blessing, chest unlocking, and exit gate opening progress?

• Astel
    Astel Member Posts: 618
    Options

Are there no any improvement ideas for Solo Q survivors planned, like showing AFC bar progress to teammate survivors or basekit Kindred with no killer aura revealing part?

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,517
    Options
  • Foempticol
    Options

I mean that yellow circle when you do a gen or someone is recovering in the dying state

• Foempticol
    Options

Basekit kindred needs to happen, it would definitely help bridge the gap between solo Q and SWF

• Alen_Starkly
    Alen_Starkly Member Posts: 1,087
    Options

Killers also got:

3) nerfed medkits, which significantly hurt solo queue; a lot of killers started using mangled/haemmorhage more after this nerf, instead of the expected less

4) nerfed DS, which won't help the survivor much, unless they are very good, and are not playing against Nurse or several other killers who can catch up easily after the stun

5) disabling DS, OTR and anti-camp mechanic in the endgame, to give killers an (imo) undeserved easy mode, especially if paired with NOED. Again, getting all gens done and having no-one tunneled out of the game at 4/5 gens in solo queue is miracle in itself, and then making killer go into god mode in endgame makes the game for survivors very difficult

• Coffeecrashing
    Options

Are there ever going to be more quality of life announcements for killers? We have so many plans for survivors, but killers still just have the FoV slider, and that’s a bit sad.

• Mandy
    Options

out of interest, how do you feel that will help? I can't see any way that can help with solo queue

• Mandy
    Options
  • Alen_Starkly
    Options

I would love to see a progress of how much someone is healed. In solo queue, if someone comes to you and starts asking for heals, people often assume that the person needs a full heal, and reject them, to focus on a gen which might be soon finished. But the person's heal might be 99-ed, and ends up in a down that could have been easily avoided. I've been both in situations where I went down because someone didn't heal me when I was 99-ed, and where I didn't heal someone who was 99-ed.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,577
    Options

I mean that argument would only work if the lobby dodging is a problem in the mobile version of the game as well, since that feature already exists there, and worst case people would need to quick swap to their preferred build in case they run something that gets them dodged several times, therefore I would say it is manageable.

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

I personally would like to see hook graps returning in the future. It made the unhook more of an challenge/threat and people didn‘t just run in front of you to the hook without risking much.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 1,897
    edited December 2023
    Options

Well, Survivors got a lot more than he mentioned if you really wanna go back.

SH: Pain Res - Nerfed (it now just have 4 tokens)

DMS - Nerfed (and on top of that, it no longer works with SH:PR)

Pop - Nerfed (instead of 25 % of a gens total progression, its current progression)

COB - Nerfed

Corrupt intervention - Nerfed

Eruption - Nerfed

NOED - Nerfed (its litterly a light beacon now, just look for it and the unhook after you destroy it)

And before patch 1.5.3 - Ebony Memento Moris did not require any hook states.

• Archol123
    Options

If one survivor is doing the hex totem and another one is close by, depending on the progress of the totem in the HUD you can decide if it would be worth to take a hit for the survivor that is currently doing the totem so he can finish the cleansing or if it would take too long even with that hit taken.

For the exit gates it can be a similar scenario and you might know when you can start to go for the gate that is currently worked on or if you need to take the killer in chase a little bit longer so it can be fully 99/opened.

I think it would definitely help in some scenarios but also make the feature more rounded as it shows progress for all actions.

• Archol123
    Options

That is not really quality of life is it? Also it would bring back the issue of de-sync grabs, because on your screen you already stopped the unhooking action and on the killers screen you did not... I think it is good that it is gone.

• Archol123
    Options

I don't know, are there stats on that? I guess the idea of the mobile version was for the same playerbase to basically also be able to play on that device? Maybe an even lighter more casual version? But I have to say I did not expect the mobile version to have more features than the core version in some aspects xD

• Alen_Starkly
    Options

Yeah, you make good points. I think like the devs are trying to adjust both of the sides, but it's not as easy as we have thought. The solo queue vs a SWF on the survivor side makes it harder. Balanced against good SWFs means too strong against solo qeueue. And balanced against solo qeueue means too weak against SWFs.

• kaoraku
    kaoraku Member Posts: 247
    edited December 2023
    Options

But we are talking about QOL changes, not balance changes... And about that it should be faster then "years".

• Unknown2765
    Options

I see some key issues the game have. ect. :

Extreeme tunneling and hook camping, even on S and A tier killers, Its really hard to get away from a tunneling nurse, blight, chucky, spirit ect.. - A solution to that could be to nerf the strong killers, so they are not as strong, and that might give survivors a better chance to get away.

Killer balance, - the gap between strong and weak killers are really big, and i think the game will be hard to balance as long as that gap is so big. - Some killers waste way too much time moving from A to B, and after that they waste too much time on loops, just because they are slow.

Gen speeds / lack of decent anti gen perks - again, when weak/slow killers waste 2-3 gens on walking and getting first down, they are forced to play "dirty" (tunneling, slugging and camping) none of this is against the rules, but it makes the game unfun and fustrating for survivors.

This is just my thoughts, im not sure BHVR agrees, but im sick and tired of getting camped and tunneled.

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

In the pause menu you can look at the perks of your team like after games where you see the points from everybody. The perks of the other side are hidden until the end. Also you could read the description of your and your teammates perks if you forgot what those did.

The ability to change colors of different type of auras and scratch marks. For example make gen auras blue and surivior auras green… and to prioritize auras so that survivor auras aren‘t hidden behind gen auras.

• BooperDooper
    BooperDooper Member Posts: 266
    edited December 2023
    Options

Solo queue needs help. We need information! Disappointing there's nothing coming any time soon of something like base kindred (without killer aura ofc) or perk loadouts being shown for other teammates, being able to see the difference between a hex totem being cleansed, dull or blessing a totem in the hud, more anti-tunnel perk options, better gen spread on maps... etc.

Dredge needs more lockers on locker scarce maps, hawkins could use an update to balance it out better for both sides. There's a lot to be done.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,603
    edited December 2023
    Options

Some way to view your currently active tome challenge in a match, so that you don't have to memorize it.

I can't tell just how many times in the past that i've forgotten what challenges i have had active and that i end up either completing it unintentionally or not even attempting to complete it because i couldn't remember what it was.

Would also be nice to have it for daily rituals as well.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    edited December 2023
    Options

Mid match tab menu / scoreboard where you can see your teammates perks, and which killer it is when the first person enters chase with them. If in lobby is too tough ingame is an option

And more just to add to its potential future

Effects that you receive as survivor in the form of debuffs track which addon / perk that applied that affect on the scoreboard (since it already does so ingame the first time they affect you), and effects as killer that you receive like residual manifest, and some lobby information like items (but not rarity) kept track of for you, and maybe the ability to mark a perk you think might be there as well but its never 100% obvious like if you think a killer has stbfl or if a survivor has lithe

• Foempticol
    edited December 2023
    Options

Every bit of information helps, the HUD feels incomplete only showing generator and recovery progress

• Unknown2765
    Options

The same person will most likely DC when they notice the build and I would rather that people dodged my lobby than DCed in my game.

• Unknown2765
    edited December 2023
    Options

7. If it goes both ways, Elodie, Bill and Jeff are super loud. They need to be more silent too.

8. No, hide and seek are a part of the game, also some are not as good at looping so they need to hide, or you might aswell tunnel them out.

• dgbug
    dgbug Member Posts: 152
    Options
  • Unknown2765
    Options

Some killers chase music is simply too loud, i never play male Legion for that reason. While the music is cool its way too loud and ruins the chase. On the other hand, there is survivor perks that are made for hiding from the killer, mid chase. They could get a small buff so it actually requires to have the perk, to be good at that. ect.

• Archol123
    Options

I don't know, I would just say that if the problem existed it would have been fixed or at least the community would have been loud about it and I have heard of neither of those things...

• Coffeecrashing
    Options

Stealth perks should have a limited duration, so they are only used as anti tunnel, or only to help escape a chase.

There should never be stealth perks that can have such a massively high uptime, that survivors can use them to excessive hide from the killer for large portions of the game.

• Unknown2765
    Options

I disagree, i run distortion most of the time and some times also calm spirit, i still dont survive 50% of the games.

• Coffeecrashing
    Options

The survival rate isn’t important

The important part is those perks can be massively unfun for the other survivors and for the killer.

If killers are expected to avoid tunneling survivors, then there needs to be a reasonable expectation that all 4 survivors are findable. And when survivors are excessively hiding with perks like Distortion and Calm Spirit, it’s not reasonable to expect a killer to find those survivors, when there are other survivors that aren’t excessively hiding.

• Unknown2765
    Options

Again, i disagree... the survival rate is important.

No one want to play a game if they have 0% chance of winning.

To use your own logic, its unfun to loose all the time. I play mostly in a swf and my team dont have any issues with it, and if other survivors feel they get found too often because some use it, they are free to use it too, its a simple solution.

• Coffeecrashing
    Options

Eruption got nerfed, because some people were using it to excessively defend a 3 gen situation. It didn’t matter that some killers weren’t doing this with Eruption.

Similarly, it doesn’t matter if you personally aren’t causing frustration with your SWF when you use distortion and calm spirit. What matters is that many solo q survivors are causing frustration for the rest of their team, when they excessively hide with perks like distortion and calm spirit.

• Unknown2765
    Options

As i said, everyone are free to use Distortion if they have trouble with survival, no one stops them, if they choose not to do so, its a choice they made.

Do you also think Windows of opportunity and Lithe should get nerfed, because people that use them have a higher escape rate and the killer will most likely go for the team mates that dont use them?? (same logic)