If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Add the option to let your character die on their own when downed

Options
White_Jesus
White_Jesus Member Posts: 65
edited December 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Not going to put effort in this post because it's never going to happen, but every time I try to come back to this game toxic behavior like downing and t-bagging for 5 minutes straight makes me quit. Anyways... idk maybe one day bhvr will punish toxic behavior or add the ability to counter it through in game mechanics.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• White_Jesus
    Options

Ah I see, the title was replaced with "########"... Should say "Add the option to let yourself die on the ground when downed"

• BubbaxBilly
    BubbaxBilly Member Posts: 13
    Options

I am honestly surprised this is not in the game already. Never understood why it isn't.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 872
    Options

Another week another one of these threads and another chance for me to mention how awful a choice it would be. You don't resolve slugging by making it easier to do.

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,039
    Options

I seriously dont think it will be an awful idea if done right. An instant bleed out if you are downed would be bad, but if the option to die on the floor was given upon 90-120sec of being slugged it would be fine.

• pigslittlepet
    pigslittlepet Member Posts: 431
    Options

I think it would be fine to implement with your time scaling. Maybe more like 40 or 50 would be alright too. What I don't want is people raging over their first down and killing themself before I even have a chance to hook them or kick a gen or something. Sometimes you got to slug for a few while you chase off the lurking flashlights. I don't want people just rage quiting the moment they go down.

• JoaoVanBlizzard
    JoaoVanBlizzard Member Posts: 554
    Options

There could be the option to "surrender" after a while of the game, even when I know that a game is lost, what I want most is to give the victory to kille 9 or the survs) and play another game, I waste a lot of time waiting for a lost game is over and I don't have that time to wait so long

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,674
    Options

DBD community is the funnest thing I've ever seen

One side is asking for self unhooks to be removed from the game

The other side wants an option to die while in the dying state

If both suggestions are in the game, people will just wait for the killer to down them to kill themselves lol

• White_Jesus
    Options

I mean hey, my two cents is just that if someone can waste 5 minutes of your time (and I do truly mean waste... because there's no tactical benefit to just watching the last survivor bleed out)... That's not super ideal for the game in terms of fun, toxicity, or the number of tickets BHVR's poor support staff must get.

Obviously, slugging for the 4k is a real mechanic, but any game that requires one person to literally go make dinner while they wait for another person to either get killed or escape likely isn't great game design. The same balance issue was discussed with hatch hostage games, the only difference here is that the killer either gets 5 minutes of everyone's time or the survivor gets a dc penalty.

But hey, it's not like this isn't on bhvr's radar... if they ever choose to fix this issue they'll do it. whatever.