Why Survivor Meta needs to be weaker than Killer Meta

This is a topic that I have been seeing a lot in communities on twitch/Youtube lately.

The issue comes down to the strength of certain perks.

Survivor perks should always be weaker than killer perks, as there can be 4x of them in every lobby.

Example is (ds + DH/Windows Resi/Adren) is probably the build I see most when I am playing survivor/killer.

These are 4-6 very strong perks, and in a lot of Pub Stomping Swfs, this is all they use, with a few insta heals/map offering.

I think that full combo will always ALWAYS be stronger than any killer build that could ever be created.

As it's not just one player that has it, it's all 4.

There is a reason there are no duplicate perks allowed in competitive dbd tourneys.

In the current state of dbd I think making survivors have 4 unique perks each would help give more variety to not only the killer gameplay, but the survivor gameplay.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to stack strong perks, someone/weakest link could still run them, but then you'd have to sacrifice the better player to maybe run balanced landing instead of DH.

This would help add some strategy, but for this to happen you would also need to be able to see your teammates perks. So I think a good starting point is letting you see the perks they are running/items/addon/offerings/ect.

Comments

• skrrr
    skrrr Member Posts: 11

I don't understand the changes for these perks, dead hard why? If you can use it to extend the loop it's very good perk,DS the same why not 5 sec stun ? 3 sec is a shame for surv nothing else,we had a good perk combo for years but not today,lot of people change to killer main because of that,survivors had a lot back in days,but now they nerfing everything,MFT very good perk,even better than DS or DH but no, everything changed for survivors,killers got way too powerfull perks than survivors

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937

This is a topic that I have been seeing a lot in communities on twitch/Youtube lately.

That's your first mistake there. Play the game yourself and see how you feel and not what these weirdos tell you what and how to think. But it's too late for that because the ideas already been planted in your head.

Coming in biased already just ruins the whole critical thinking aspect of things.

That being said, anything deemed "OP" aka if people whine about the perk enough, it'll eventually get turned into dog water on either side, so rest assured.

Just play Nurse, it's OP and game breaking and they seem like as of right now they'll never fix it. People have got p100 on it without perks.

• Raconteurminator
    Raconteurminator Member Posts: 618
    edited January 8

That's your first mistake there. Play the game yourself and see how you feel and not what these weirdos tell you what and how to think. But it's too late for that because the ideas already been planted in your head.

Coming in biased already just ruins the whole critical thinking aspect of things.

In all fairness, ignoring 99% of their post and assuming they've been brainwashed into holding the opinion they do just ruins the whole intellectual honesty aspect of said critical thinking.

---

In response to said topic, I agree. In an asymmetrical game, the many, individually, can't posses an ability that is comparable to the one in power. The one is strong individually, while the many are weak individually but have the ability to be greater than the sum of their parts. One side has to be weaker for the core concept to work. While some balancing can be done on an individual level, the majority of balancing needs to be considered from a team perspective; not just, "Is this perk strong?" but also, "Is this perk too strong when multiple instances are present in a match?"