Returning back to No Kick / No Gen Regression meta.

Options

Seriously, 8 regression events. It must be a joke, right?

So now perks like Surge or any other gen regression perk that can eat up these regression events without you wanting to means you may end up with generators that suddenly can't be regressed at all because survivors were either to reckless and ''drained'' those events by getting downed ( what Surge will do ) or perks like Pain Ress hitting the same gen over and and over so gen with relatively low progression will get events spent regardless.

Gen kick perks other than Pop are now bad and gen kicking is bad in general because you spend one of those 8 events for 5% regression which is reverted by survivor in 4 seconds once you leave the said gen. Before people say something like - I rarely get a game where I need to kick a gen 8 times or something, - guess what, now you will wish you had these kind of games more often because killers will now concentrate on tunneling one player out asap since gen regression gets limited.

All BHVR had to do is introduce this system when there are only 3 gens left on the map. Instead they now say - if you want to make a gen regress - make sure it does regress massively or don't touch it at all. Guess what is the best regression method in the game already? That's right - tunnel a player out. Once there are less players, this limitation suddenly doesn't feel so restricting anymore.

Mark my words - we will return to a meta where gen regression is either not effective or not possible at all. Games will be all about chase and people will simply tunnel the first target they down asap. You wanted one problem fixed - you ended up introduced few new ones.

Comments