If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Survivor-Caused 3-Gens. No Big Deal Anymore?

Options
Krazzik
Krazzik Member Posts: 2,263

The proposed '3-gen solution' seems like it should genuinely nerf 3-genning killers while leaving 'normal' killers unaffected, but what about 3-gens caused by the survivors?

It seems like if survivors 3-gen themselves, it's no big deal anymore since they can just play it slow and defensive and burn through the killer's kicks.

This is exactly what many were worried about, as survivors 3-genning themselves and the killer capitalising on it was seen as fair. Now survivors can just do whatever gens they want and don't need to worry.

Comments

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,465
    Options

We're just playing devil's advocate here but most times we (and smart teammates) will actively look for a 3 gen and try to stop it early. The regression 7/10 times goes to one of the 3 gens.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,099
    Options

Want to bet it will be exploited if not during the PTB then during the first couple of weeks after release?

I've got the popcorn ready.

• finalgrrl
    finalgrrl Member Posts: 30
    Options

in regards to survivor created three gen situations- i do unfortunately see this at least once or twice a day. maybe not every match, but it’s not as rare as you’d think. i feel like i work overtime trying to tackle middle map and clustered gens in order to make up for the fact that my soloQ teammates will often do far corner gens first. and i get it, they’re safer, but playing like that will always come back to bite.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,099
    Options

Not anymore. There will be yet another second chance mechanic for these.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited January 9
    Options

I just thought of something... The killer brings in Hex: Ruin, and since the gens are now restricted to 8 separate regression events caused by either kicking or perks before they can no longer be regressed, Theoretically, does that mean a survivor can go to a gen, tap it, let Ruin start regressing it, and then keep tapping the gen until all 8 events are used up?

I mean yeah, the survivor has to repair 5% each time before letting Ruin do its thing again, but that's 40% of a gen repaired by essentially "tap" repairing it, and after the 8th time, nothing will make it lose progress anymore.

Upon realizing this, If it works the way I'm theorizing, I don't think I'll ever feel the need to cleanse Ruin ever again... Might as well change its name to Boon: Ruin.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,510
    Options

The Survivors 3 Genning themselves is on them so As Killer just remember that the Survivors want you to kick the Gen... so don't

Chase a Survivor get the Hook... forget about the gen for the chase

Let that Gen get done but also try to get some hooks while they repair that Gen

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 463
    Options

Yes, I agree.So, the strategy for future survivors will be to repair from safe places or things at the edge of the map that are easy to work on gen, and then take their time to work on the last remaining 3gen.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,009
    Options

It’s hard to accept that this change will not affect normal gameplay when it’s pretty blatant that stacking regression perks has a good chance of hitting the cap. (Surge, Eruption, Pain Res, Pop)

I also don’t see how this doesn’t penalize Killers not playing for 3 gens ending up in one due to Survivors rushing gens on one corner of the map unless the intention was to minimize the time spent in a 3 gen match regardless of which side having created the scenario.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

Like everyone, I've got my problems with some dev decisions, but I am always amused/amazed by the stance that you can be bad at game design and still stumble into an incredibly financially successful video game.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,343
    edited January 9
    Options

The only problem i can see is the nicher perks that involve regression. Machine learning. Trail of torment. Eruption/nowhere to hide for aura reveal. Surge for m1s. These are restricted to regression for some other benefit then just endless kicking. And they can easily hit the cap by just being used for their intended purpose. Surge may be the biggest since it can hit like 3 gens at once with one proc. But as long as i don't randomly run into the anti-kick stopping me for me playing normally should be fine. Maybe they could bump it to 10? Not sure. I do think the hard limit needs to be there just 8 might not be the right number.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,067
    Options

I have no clue why survs would intentionally three gen themselves to wait out the eight burst events on a gen. - But assuming the killer actually downed and hooked survivors before they got to the last gen most of the big regression perks should already have been proc-ed on the other gens; painres and pop, first and foremost. And if you got downs before they made it down to eight gens then you'll surely get enough downs before you reached your regression cap on one of the three remaining gens.

Though I do see where there's abuse-potential for stuff like Surge. - But that also seems to have an easy fix: regression events only start counting once a gen has progressed past 15 charges for the first time. So a gen that effectively isn't even progressed keeps its events. And as for Eruption; it should be easy enough to make it one regression event, since the gens are already marked as having Eruption applied to them, if the game can remember that then it can also remember to not take a second regression event.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,172
    Options

I noticed that too but I think this is partly the reason why they increased the base regression of each kick and removed gen tapping. I'm not sure, if this is a good idea (given that slowdown perks can already buy you a huge amount of time) but we'll see.

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514
    edited January 9
    Options

Do you not understand English or...? A normal killer that gets gifted a three-gen from survivors definitely could reach that cap easily. Also, it is disingenuous to say "kick 8 times" considering that perks like Pain Res and Surge also count as Regression Events.

Post edited by Emoba on
  • RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 606
    edited January 9
    Options

I understand it almost perfectly, and English is not my first language, but I have a hard time trying to write it because i normally don´t use it

you just don´t need 8 surges in a single generator my man

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 510
    Options

Who decides what a player needs or does not?

It's not about surge alone. Plenty of other perks now contribute to event burning. So let's make it harder to use those and easier to gen rush because you don't have to think which generator is worth repairing first now as survivor, but need to calculate if this gen should be kicked for regression or any other purpose as a killer.

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 606
    Options

you don´t need 8 surges because 8 downs = 8 hooks, so you won the game

• Chaosrider
    Chaosrider Member Posts: 443
    Options

Stopping 3 gen situations is what this mechanic should do. A 3 gen is not a survivors fault, its a issue by design.

• Pluto_1
    Pluto_1 Member Posts: 337
    Options

Right. The developers don't understand the game. Do you hear yourself?

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

It’s still a 3-gen and that is going to require some degree of commitment & risk to break through. The success of breaking the 3-gen at this point depends on how many survivors are left, who the killer is, their level of skill, and a few other factors.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

You seem to have forgotten two things. First, For the People saves, Flashlight saves, Flashbang saves, Pallet saves, Head On saves, Unbreakable, DS, Body blocking/Breakout, Boil Over, and Sabo saves all exist. So it is entirely possible to have surge go off 8 times and not have 8 hooks. Second, if those 8 hooks are arranged just wrong, all 4 survivors could be still alive which is not winning yet in just about anyone's book.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

1: How frequently are survivors being saved in your scenario? Even if they manage to rescue half the time, which would be a sizable accomplishment, you've still gotten four hooks.

2: For surge to proc on all 8 of these downs and saves this also means that survivors have to continually be going down by the same gen which survivors either have to have put a lot of progress on or they need to continually working on it to get it to count as a gen regression event.

3: Even if this happens, was the killer able to get zero hooks on the other four gens survivors needed to finish?

4: Even if all the above is true, the survivors will basically need to do 6 gens to escape with how much time will be bled off the last gen. If that's not enough time to turn the game in the killer's favor they are pretty clearly outmatched and having additional gen regressions wouldn't make a difference.

I do think the hard limit needs to be there just 8 might not be the right number.

I mean we have the PTB to test it out, but 8 regressions per gen is a giant number.

So what happens if survivors accidentally make a 3 gen, and then decide their strategy is to purposely repair the 3 gen in short bursts of time, and excessively hide, until the generators become damage immune?

The same thing that happens already if the survivors rush in, fix gens, and rush out and the killer doesn't chase. They win. Since the end of Overbrine and chess merchant 4 survivors can break a 3 gen without too much trouble if the killer refuses to chase. If the killer is not getting downs the survivor gen repair speed will exceed killers ability to regress.

The only reason a killer might even get to 8 kicks in the new scenario is because they just got a buff to gen regression. That's actually given the killer more time to punish survivors who accidently 3 gen.