Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Hex: Plaything/Hex: No One Escapes Death Totem Aura

The hex totems associated with these perks aren't properly revealing themselves. The aura of the totem doesn't show up for either of these perks.

9 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.

Comments

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,477

Just came to report this. Also had a team mate on hook with Kindred and couldn't see the killers aura at all around him. I only noticed Kindred in post-game screen. I think auras in general are bugged.

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 599

I was wondering were the hell was my tottem and I know why.

• MadameExotine
    MadameExotine Member Posts: 177
    edited December 2023

I run a Hex:Plaything + Pentimento build, and wondered why no one would cleanse their Playthings. Thought survivors were doing it intentionally to bypass Pentimento plays. Until I went up against the same build as survivor and found out about this bug.

It's particularly unfair when played with Hex: Devour Hope, 'cause all totems light up, and survivors won't know which is which, nor have a need to cleanse before it's too late.

• sharpef3rn
    sharpef3rn Member Posts: 111

So I came here to report it similarly. I thought it was a bug with Open Handed as it seemed to only effect me when I brought that perk. I did a custom game with plaything/open handed and the aura wasnt revealed at all. We also tested noed and once they saw it they saw it from across the map (dont know if that was intended but def more than 24/40m). I will do another test without open handed and attach the clips

• SkylarPup
    SkylarPup Member Posts: 112

Why hasn't this been killed switch? This issue has been notified since December. How can we find our plaything if we can't see it?

• crystalkitti
    crystalkitti Member Posts: 381

Biggest post for this issue is here. https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/400182/plaything-bugged-dont-see-the-aura-of-it

As to why no kill switch, it, quote from a dev, "is not something we feel is absolutely game breaking and therefore doesn't meet the requirements of the kill switch."

Because you can technically still find it w/o the aura... nevermind the fact that the aura-reading is there in the first place to make the perk more fair. It doesn't make much sense, sadly, but it's definitely not getting killswitched. 😥