We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Please stop nerfing killer perks

Moman624
Moman624 Member Posts: 106
edited June 19 in General Discussions

All the killer perks that have been nerfed over the last 2 years is Very crazy. I've noticed that when survivors lose a game or two, they complain and then dbd instantly nerfs killer perks. Honestly, it's a 16 vs 4 in perks, I feel like killer should be able to have 5 or six perks. It would definitely make a change and killer can actually be payable for once. The toxic community, I ignore, they need to get off the game but, the game is pretty survivor sided, every survivor we have gotten in the past year just have perks killers can't even counter. This game is amazing and I'll always love it, but I just hate it how dbd doesn't care about some of the killers.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• CammyChameleon
    CammyChameleon Member Posts: 253

It's sad that STBFL got changed, since old STBFL before the base kit 10% was added, was fine. I think the 4% change would have been just fine to make it what they used to be, but idk.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,532

Now that I totally agree with. Applying haste is not solving any problems. At -most-, movement speed should only be 2-3 seconds in length. But I'd be fine with haste leaving altogether. It just makes people upset and no one feels good about it after.

If I get runned down and lost due to being outplayed or whatever, its all good. But haste is just a lazy way to give power to a perk. And yeah, BHVR needs hire a team specifically for perk discussion and creation after these recent perks. MFT, BU+Ftp, they just can't see, to get it. This needs to stop already...

• Moman624

I'm not struggling, but an extra perk slot would balance things out and it would be fun to have builds for once, 4 perks is moderate and would not be considered plenty. Alot of trials have people giving up because of a killer they don't like or the throw or it's Newer lobbies.

• Moman624

Not saying I can't win first off. There are some things in the game you can't counter, but it's whatever, survivors can always throw. If you didn't know, survivors complain more about killers when they can't win, they always say it. Again, builds aren't fun at all, trial's are just pretty quick and lame and people like to be toxic, toxicity isn't the problem though, it's just I can see how this game will die, and it's mainly people who main the survivor role complaining 24/7.

Dead crickets .

• Anti051
    Anti051 Member Posts: 619

Global stats are subject to throws and sub par skill level, it's silly to try using that as an arguing point. Stats on the best players for each killer vs the best survivors is the only clear view you're going to get and balance should trickle down from that.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,819

I feel this isn't 100% the case, considering how hated Ultimate Weapon is and it hasn't been touched.

That said, their ideas of nerfing/buffing perks is strange. STBFL should have been adjusted for the increased killer animation speeds, I agree that much, but giving the downside of ANY damage to the obsession taking 2 stacks makes it useless on a few killers that benefit the most from the increased animation time.

Another thing I tend to dislike is survivors claiming things like the Grim Embrace buff being too oppressive when it will only work on 4 fresh hooks, even saying it promotes tunneling? 10 seconds of a blocked generator won't really matter when the killer tunnels someone out, and he'd still need to target other survivors to get value as is. Even if he tunnels the first survivor he downs, the generators will unblock about the time that survivor is unhooked and hopefully a teammate or two will take a protection hit while other(s) stick to their gens. That's what I did during the PTB.

On the survivor side, you have something like Deja Vu that isn't an issue by itself, but the problem is if a full SWF run it with resilience/prove thyself and good toolboxes while other survivors run chase builds against killers with little mobility, you'll make gens fly much faster. The perk itself isn't bad, but with most survivor perks it's a matter of synergy with 3 other survivors instead of on it's own like a killer perk would be. It's also why Buckle Up+FTP is such a strong combination.

Really in the end, there should be more playtesting on the devs side of things on perk changes. There's so many of them that combinations of perks, powers, and items are becoming a real problem to deal with when these things rise up and a huge backlash when things get addressed because we're used to them and how they feed the 'our side' debates. PTB is a great idea for testing, but the issue with it is you're still limited to your inventory in the PTB. Often times I skip PTBs because I don't have millions of BP saved to test a new killer/survivor's perks as much as I'd like to try and find things people may often overlook. Really, PTB needs to be a standalone client at this point.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Yeah, but I’m quite sure that it’s getting nerfed because a full 8 stacks and with right killers it could ignore the endurance quite well and just tunnel. I’ve also noticed it can be quite extra devastating to Solo Q, because there’s no real effective way for the obsession to figure it out and pester the killer. Also it’s very popular, like I see it in basically every game.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,973

Also absolutely nasty on clown with rapid brutality most autopilot build in the game

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,798

It is a very popular perk indeed, but I'm not sure if its use for tunneling was enough to warrant a nerf. But Freddy won't be affected, so at least I can still use it.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,749

they should look very carefully into plot twist, ftp and trapper with this change.

• WishIcouldmain

True, but I believe people will get it over it quickly though. The only legitimate killer I see really getting devastated from this is Pig, shocker. Most killers I believe can move on to exposed perks. With Hag and Slinger, I've started to use Starstruck + Agitation instead. And even some good users of this perk like Demogorgon or Pyramid Head in the right hands use their M2 well enough they don't need it.

• WishIcouldmain

Yeah, the only killer really hurt by this change is Pig, but for any other killer I can't see this change dropping them that much, many other killers who have good synergy with STBFL don't really need it in my opinion, like good Demos for example will shred more then use their basic attack.

• Moman624

You got me with one meta perk, but that doesn't exclude all perks in general, no matter what anybody says, there are survivor perks that you cannot counter or are just drop dead unfair such as, getting unhooked and you still get healed and a body with Adrenaline.

Nothing takes the fact that the game is under the survivors favor, just like Friday for example, eventually there will be a point kill rates go down, worse case scenario.. the game dies.

• Moman624

Some of those perks getting nerfed make no difference at times, and killer gameplay also gets changed as well sometimes such as Deathslinger aiming his sights down and his terror radius going to 32, because a survivor crapped his pants and got scared then became sour. Playing killer is supposed to be enjoyable with builds extra, same for survivor.. but killers get more nerfed than anything because a survivor dies one game or two.

• Moman624

I get you, you make good points, but no matter what anyone says, a 16 vs 4 is not 100% balanced. Yeah people are going to disagree but it's true. To make the game fun with builds ect. 4 perks is pretty lame for the killer, 5 would make a huge difference, you'd be surprised.

• Moman624

An extra perk slot would be game changing for killers, making builds nowa days is pretty lame with nerfed perks, so yes you did read that correctly, re-read if you can't remember. I do not care who is against what I say.

Streamers/YouTubers, for dbd, for the most part take there breaks because obviously they need a break, but also because the game just isn't really the way it used to be when is was moderately more balanced, than survivors being able to have power over the killer with some perks.

For crying out loud even a map is able to slow a killer down with smoke that burst out the walls for aliens map.

• NAERUUU
    NAERUUU Member Posts: 501

Wait, we can lose as killer ?

Blight, Pain Res, Pop.

Yeah, please make changes not if it's " too good " but when it's 30% of pickrate for each perk

• coolgue1
    coolgue1 Member Posts: 126

u do realize their like so many kilter perks and maybe like 20 of the actually see used because they are over tuned compared to the rest they need to nerf strong perks so people actually use others every game right now is's , pop , pain res, corrupt, STBFL, BBQ, sloppy, surge , ultimate weapon, lethal all if these perks are way too powerful is why u see them every every game if they were weaker u would actually see some diversity in killer builds but guess what until they are nerfed your ant and the opposite goes for survivor they so many perks that are some what good but guess what in order for survivor to get any value at all the entire 4 perk slots have to be use to support 1 perks which don't seem fair TBH no one runs any build with just 1 perk as survivor because they are quite frank to trash to even use without dedicating your entire build to that 1 perks and killer get all of them just an BK no perk slot need want to win as killer easy tunnel off hook and slugg all match 90% if the time u will win that 's BK BTW and survivors don't have the luxury what so ever they just have to deal with it and we all know over 70% of these fourms are killers LGR here

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,323

I can't believe I have to say this yet again, but a 55% killrate in DbD is not being killer-sided on average, but the contrary.

Thanks to the assymetrical nature of the game and how the MMR system work, true mathematical balance is 60% kill rate on average (reason of why devs aim to that number). In other words, having less than that means the game is survivor sided on average.

Also, "No other perk is even close to meta"? Logical, with this powerhouses of perks being the most used ones:

I mean, it's not like survivors are missing any more strong perks. Also, guess what?

It's not like killers have got any hot perk that everyone is using, either.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,798

Shouldn't wake you up against Freddy though.

Yeah, this was overkill. Patch 1.8.1 was already a big nerf to Freddy, there was no need to make Adrenaline another nerf to him.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,303

Killers win far more than they lose, survivors lose a bit more than they win. The game is not, in any way, survivor sided at the moment.

true mathematical balance is 60% kill rate on average

Already proven to not necessarily be true. In fact, looking at the stats at the moment, it shows an average killer winrate of a little over 48%, with survivors winning a little under 45%. That's pretty close to balanced, just slightly favouring killers.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,234
    edited March 20

Post edited by MechWarrior3 on
  • Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,303

Kill rate and win rate are not 1:1. The system is far too complex to draw any kind of simplistic calculation from one to the other.

I mean, compare Nurse and Wesker.

Nurse's Kill rate is 54.94%, and she has a winrate (3K+) of 49.21%.

Wesker's Kill rate is 55.60%, and he has a winrate (3L+) of 48.59%.

If winrate followed immediately and mathematically from killrate, the above would be impossible. Killrate should not be focused on. Win distribution should.

• MechWarrior3

If you connected my reply to whom I was addressing you would see my point clearly.

They stated survivors only had 1 meta perk to use all year but forgot to mention all the other meta perks as if they don’t exists. My point being is meta perks are gutted on both sides. I don’t agree with however MFT getting the nerf it did. It wasn’t even that drastic. Most people that complained about it were trickster mains running 4.4 but since that buff it’s irrelevant

• MechWarrior3

Makes sense, and I would agree with that 💯.

This discussion has been closed.