Genuinely, what am I meant to do facing this in solo queue?

Options
mikewelk
mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
edited January 28 in General Discussions

I just hopped on the game and got greeted by a Blight hard tunneling at five generators. How is it even possible to do anything with a 3v1 at basically four gens?

Best Answers

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,126
    Answer โœ“
    Options

You got this! Just power all 5 gens and you're outta there.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,379
    edited January 28 Answer โœ“
    Options

Lose and play the next game. There isn't much else you can do in this situation.

Although I must say, that the matchmaking here seems to work flawlessly again. How does he manage to get 2 hooks at 5 gens?

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 862
    Answer โœ“
    Options

We honestly got to a point where you just gotta either power through gens or just hide. Personally, if a blight, no any killer, wanna be boring and hard tunnel at 5, I just be boring right back and hide. This is a hide and seek game right? Welp, lets do just that then.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 743
    Answer โœ“
    Options

This is exactly how I play killer now. I donโ€™t care about โ€œwinningโ€ I just care about chase and getting a decent amount of hooks spread out. We all tend to make good bp

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,638
    Answer โœ“
    Options

Nothing. You can at least try and get some progress for a tome challenge/achievement but if your plan was escaping that's just not happening if the killer tunnels from the get go

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,451
    Answer โœ“
    Options

not much you can do against a tunneling killer, even if you are a part of a swf that plays macro perfectly; it essentially comes down to the target's looping skills and if that's lacking game is lost. others just need to not lose a single second and slam gens in the meantime.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Answer โœ“
    Options

Play for hatch, start opening those chests and hope you find a key.

• mecca
    mecca Member Posts: 228
    Answer โœ“
    Options

Just lose I guess.

Survivors are only in the game for fodder.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Answer โœ“
    Options

Safe to say that there's nothing you an do

and that's the issue... why are Killer's doing this??? Why are Survivors so focused on Gens???

Also safe to say that MMR has something to do with this

Cause we all know that Kills and Escapes are the only things that effect MMR

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Answer โœ“
    Options

Play for the hatch. Try and repair as much as you can, losing with 3 gens left is better than being whitewashed with all 5 still standing. Do that and then be the last to die, i.e find hatch or sneak out the exit when he closes hatch.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699
    Answer โœ“
    Options

This is pretty disingenuous...

Surely no one here has to explain to you the possible scenarios which could lead to this post--none of which would objectively come back as being OP's fault. It would be foolish to assume you've never found yourself in OP's shoes in all of the hours you've played DBD. Unless, of course, you have never played Survivor.

"Focus on generators, and leave your teammate on hook for as long as possible each stage" would have been a more genuine response, because the reality is that there is little anyone can do about the situation as a whole, but there is definitely something everyone can do to make sure they aren't making the situation worse for them and their team.

@mikewelk no single survivor can "fix" this problem. You all need to do your part, and at least 2 of you will escape. If even one of you waivers, no one escapes

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,902
    Answer โœ“
    Options

Took me 15min just now to get into my first match of the day, and it was a full aura build Nurse tunnelling at 5 gens ๐Ÿคฃ I dunno if I should bother queuing up again

• WolfyWood
    WolfyWood Member Posts: 308
    Answer โœ“
    Options

I've heard ome people listen music while doing gens until they get grabbed and then forget to hit skillchecks on hook.

Realistically there is nothing to be done. Just get ready for the next match and don't take it too personally. The loss isn't a practical reflection of your skill level.

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 261
    Answer โœ“
    Options

Your problem was with your teammates far more than the tunneling Blight. Looks like they did pretty much nothing while Zarina was being chased. I've been there before a few times. This is why I always bring Clairvoyance to solo q matches. The game is already lost, so at least give yourself a better chance of getting hatch.

This also demonstrates the absurdity of the current SBMM system. Your useless teammates are scored exactly the same in the eyes of the SBMM system as those who are are great loopers and great teammates but maybe they didn't escape because they got tunneled to death.

ยซ1

Answers