Champion of Light should work with Flashbang again

Options
Dinoraptus
Dinoraptus Member Posts: 254
edited February 5 in Feedback and Suggestions

I feel like it is silly that Champion of Light only works with flashlights, flashbang grenades are literally in Alan Wake, they are the second strongest weapon in the game next to the flare gun.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• GroßusSchmiedus
    GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 459
    edited February 5
    Options

Because BHVR think that it might end up broken but i think that will be far from the case.

It'd only be good if you can use it in a chase, if you do use the combination for a save or pallet break its virtually useless since much of the timer will be eaten up the animation. You use 2 perks to make a one time use item that requires some skill to use in chase stronger. Not to mention that there are still counters. I see no reason why champion of light shouldn't work with flashbangs.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 727
    edited February 5
    Options

I agree. I think it would make the perk more appealing to run for a lot more players. I definitely prefer flashbangs over flashlights. Maybe they feel it shouldn't work because flashbangs are easier to use than flashlights, I don't know.

But then, you don't get the extra speed value from the perk with a flashbang and it's not as if flashbangs have no counter, since they make a noise when you drop them and the Killer can look up or swerve it. I can count the amount of times I've successfully flashbanged a Killer in chase on one hand.

• GroßusSchmiedus
    edited February 5
    Options

Yeah but unlike flashlights they are funny to use and thats what matters. Its a shame they don't work with champion of light, its an additional perk slot just to make them a bit stronger, that wouldn't make them broken. It'd perfectly fit my survivor playstyle.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Pr0p3r9
    Pr0p3r9 Member Posts: 111
    Options

I'll take the devil's advocate position in this thread. Under what circumstances would Champion of Light be used with flashbangs? The obvious answer is that a survivor would throw a pallet, wait for the killer's kick animation to start, and then drop the flashbang. The survivor runs away in a direction the killer can't see and the killer has a considerable slowdown for a short time.

Who does this impact? Nurse wouldn't care, she'd just blink for distance. Blight wouldn't care, he'd just rush to catch back up. Spirit, Wesker, raging Oni, Billy, Singularity, Hag, and Twins all have movement abilities to close the distance. Artist and Huntress both have ranged abilities that let them disregard the movement penalty.

You might notice that in that list, the killers that can just disregard Champion of Light+Flashbang are also the killers who are already the strongest.

The only weak killers who can disregard this are Dredge and Freddy, while the most notable high tier killers who would be hampered by this are Plague and Pyramid Head.

Is this compelling enough to decide that Flashbang shouldn't be able to combo with CoL? idk, that's an opinion-based question. I just wanted to put forward the observation that buffing CoL in this way might have unenjoyable side effects.

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 920
    Options

Fun fact

In the first game of Alan Wake, he can use flashbangs as a weapon, I don’t understand why they did remove this

• Alen_Starkly
    Alen_Starkly Member Posts: 1,087
    Options

What do you mean, "it doesn't work with saves"? Where did you get that from? Is that just a restriction that is not officially stated anywhere?

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 920
    edited February 5
    Options

i use the perk, it doens’t work when you save someone, that is great because you don’t waste the perk by saving someone since the killer is stunned by the blind save and he will not move

• GroßusSchmiedus
    edited February 5
    Options

No its not, it technically works but during the stun the Killer is locked in an animation that eats so much of the timer that it might as well be completely useless, same thing with pallet blinds, you lose distance by staying to blind the killer that is an animation, so it doesn't work well in both these scenarios.

You can't slow down a Killer thats standing still, thats it.

• Alen_Starkly
    Alen_Starkly Member Posts: 1,087
    Options