It's not Freddy who should be disabled in Lights Out, it's Legion

Options

I have all killers expect Chucky and Twins so I don't know if they can be played in this mode, but the fact that Freddy is the only killer I own that can't be played in this mode is very strange.

My guess is it's because he can teleport to gens, and I would understand this if:

1 - The teleport couldn't only be done every 45 seconds or in slightly less time if survivors are asleep

2 - If it wasn't clearly telegraphed to the survivor having Freddy appear to them before the actual player will finish the teleport

3 - There aren't any scratch marks making it easier than ever to run away and/or hide before Freddy arrives

Now Legion can stab someone in frenzy and have easy access to peoples locations through killer instinct. You need to both mend and heal, which with no tr and relatively quiet walking will allow Legion to easily down you but even if you manage to heal without being downed you will get deep wound way too easily.

The killer that should have been disabled for this mode Is Legion, not Freddy.

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,075
    Options

The devs said Freddy is disabled because of the Dream World effect clashing with the Light Out effect. It has nothing to do with how strong Freddy could be on the mode.

It's funny to me that community that has been begging for a more casual DBD is immediately asking for balance changes on a temporary game mode.

• elderwitcher96
    elderwitcher96 Member Posts: 77
    Options

I guess that makes sense, hopefully they can fix that so he can be playable when the mode becomes permanent. I do like it as both killer/survivor but playing against Legion on this mode unless the player refrains themselves against feral frenzy (which shouldn't be something that a player should do, but I had 2 Legions who did) becomes a chore and annoying.

They do want feedback, that's why it's time limited, so they know what should change before making it permanent and honestly the mode is pretty great since the only complaint I have is when I'm playing survivor vs Legion.

I get how seeing people ask for balance changes can be annoying, but that's literally the point of the mode being time limited.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 727
    edited February 8
    Options

I say this as a Legion main, I think they should be disabled for this mode as well.

Their power gives them way too much information and in my opinion, too much of an advantage. Especially when evading the Killer is the main (and pretty much only) defense that Survivors can count on to help them to stay alive.

• Ethromel
    Ethromel Member Posts: 161
    Options

Nemesis is practically useless in this mode. This Lights Out mode is pure chagrin. The fact that survivors can blow through generators is just ridiculous. The killer gets no scratch marks to track and is just as lost as the survivors that OUTNUMBER them. The survivors have access to chests that hold TOOL BOXES that allow them to do generators even faster without any counter. Who thought this was a good idea? Seriously???

If you make a mode and certain killers have to be deactivated for the mode, the mode is NOT balanced and shouldn't have been implemented. I won't say what I really think about the creativity of this game because there are so many gag orders on free speech here, but it's not good where things are heading. Very bad execution.

The ONLY viable killers in Lights Out are 1) Legion 2) Doctor 3) Dredge 4) The Knight 5) Cenobite 6) The Hag, may 7) Trapper. That's about it.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,548
    Options
  • Ethromel
    Ethromel Member Posts: 161
    Options

No offense, but that's a fortunate moment for you. Tell me what exactly Nemesis does to aid him in finding survivors or being able to regulate generators that are on par with Legion, and the others I mentioned.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,548
    Options

Legion isn’t fair to use. I had to use skill. No offense, mostly just using my ears. 👂

Nemesis isn’t too hard to use at all and I am in a really high MMR.

His zombies help, go check gens, listen to grunts of pain, follow blood pools, his tentacle helps a lot with finding people cause they cough 😷 and have a blue tint to ppl, soooooooo yeah….. Nemesis does very well in this game mode.

I think it’s on you if you’re unable to make it work

• Visi
    Visi Member Posts: 48
    Options

A temporary game mode that will, presumably, return periodically over time. Legion is broken in it. Infinite information, with zero ability to counterplay from the survivors. No TR, but Legion still gets to see killer instinct? How tf is that fair? Legion should either have the killer instinct removed or be disabled entirely.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,075
    Options

The counterplay to Legion is still the same in Light's Out. Spread out. Lights Out is only on a few maps and those maps are still quite large so Legion's KI isn't going to cover the map. Plus if he's in Feral Frenzy he can't down you without cancelling which gives you some time to make a tile.

Also Legion lacks 2 important addons to increase the speed and duration of his Feral Frenzy which decreases the range he frenzy in.

• Turretcube
    Turretcube Member Posts: 441
    Options

Weird, i thought Legion and Doctor would both have there power's disabled since there's no terror radius for there power to work off.